[APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] YouTube Vanced Edition

Search This thread

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
No. Because then it becomes a piracy tool. Google will never allow that and it paints a target on TeamVance's back.
Aren't removing ads and enabling premium features part of piracy?

i understand from the FAQs that the developers don't intend doing that. It is their product, so I leave that to them. Still very thankful for a wonderful product though.

bartleby999

• Jan 5, 2015
    Aren't removing ads and enabling premium features part of piracy?

Not as far as I'm aware. There's no law that says you must watch ads. There's also no laws that state you must pay for background play. There are however specific laws forbidding the download of copyrighted material that you don't own the rights to in many countries.

So, afaik TeamVanced currently aren't breaking any laws. Googles TOS? Maybe. But Vanced can't be prosecuted by Google for breaching TOS.

Reactions: ipdev and rsngfrce

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
    Not as far as I'm aware. There's no law that says you must watch ads. There's also no laws that state you must pay for background play. There are however specific laws forbidding the download of copyrighted material that you don't own the rights to in many countries.

So, afaik TeamVanced currently aren't breaking any laws. Googles TOS? Maybe. But Vanced can't be prosecuted by Google for breaching TOS.
    Unlike NewPipe, SnapTube, etc. which are 'original' apps built by someone that allow accessing YouTube videos, Vanced YouTube isn't a new app as such.

It is the official YouTube app whose code has been modified to disable ads and enable premium features. How is this permitted in law? Isn't this piracy? We are not talking about ads, downloading, or other features specifically. It is another thing that we give this a dignified name - modding :)

NewPipe, SnapTube, etc violate Google TOS, so they are not available on Google Play Store. But Vanced is not about violating TOS.

Nabukodonosor

Nov 19, 2009
    Kraljevo
    www.toolsify.com
    Hey guys. I have installed the rooted version of Vanced YouTube, and it works fine. Before this, I had the non-rooted microG version, and the updates were done via the Vanced Manager. And the name of the app was YouTube Vanced. Now it's called YouTube, and it looks like the official app. I know it's not because I have the Vanced settings in it. But I have some issues with it.

First, I get the update notification through the Google Play store. Should I update it?

And second, I was watching a video last night over the cast option on my tv, and I saw some ads. What's up with that?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney

Laws are different in different jurisdictions, and I certainly do not know akll jurisdictions; not even my own! By using the service, you are normally agreeing to their fine print; ie the TOS. As such, yo9u are possibly in breach of a contractual agreement, which may be enforceable in a court case, in some countries.

The practicality is, that they will simply try to build a better mouse trap, to stop things like vanced. I have already seen the change by the video posters themselves, whereby the ads they are paid for, are now included in the video itself. That was not very common when YouTube first started advertising.

Its a thin and blury line.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
    Google Nexus 5
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    Hey guys. I have installed the rooted version of Vanced YouTube, and it works fine. Before this, I had the non-rooted microG version, and the updates were done via the Vanced Manager. And the name of the app was YouTube Vanced. Now it's called YouTube, and it looks like the official app. I know it's not because I have the Vanced settings in it. But I have some issues with it.

First, I get the update notification through the Google Play store. Should I update it?

And second, I was watching a video last night over the cast option on my tv, and I saw some ads. What's up with that?
    No you shouldn't update it through Play Store. If you do it will replace Vanced with the official one.

Can't help with the cast issue because I don't cast.

porotikos

Mar 29, 2016
    hi guys. i searched the thread but couldnt find it. so i will ask
    does anyone have, and can share, the magisc files for youtube MUSIC vanced?
    gor youtube app, i found the files. but i cant for youtube music.
    thank you in advance

n_boy86

Jul 9, 2009
    Is this normal note20 ultra 😥

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210511-060041_Device care.jpg
      Screenshot_20210511-060041_Device care.jpg
      283.4 KB · Views: 49

walbuls

Mar 23, 2011
    Video Resolution Override is not working in the new v2 player on my tablet. It worked fine in the v1 player (tested this on the last v15.x.x.x version of Vanced) where I forced v1 player and the 2160 and 1440 options showed up and were selectable on a 4k YT video. When i changed back to v2 player on the same v15.x.x.x version, the options disappeared. I have enabled the video resolution override in Vanced Video settings, set my defaults to 2160p, enabled the secret menu and even set my device to a multitude of other devices and nothing is working in the new v16 versions of Vanced with the forced v2 player. This needs to be reviewed as it is clearly bugged and not showing all the resolutions when override is set.

Edit: Upon further testing, I believe its the Vp9 vs Av1 causing the issued with the v2 player. It seems to be detecting that Vp9 is incompatible with my device and is not showing any Av1 streams instead. Its just stopping at 1080p instead of showing the higher resolution Av1 stream options. Don't think it would be device specific but its a Galaxy Tab A7 SM-T500. From what I have found, Samsung has broken the Vp9 in Android 10+ and is now forcing Av1 as its preferred format. Thus we will be stuck with low resolutions until Av1 is added as a stream option. See the SS's below from my tablet to see the issue. Even when 1440/2160/4320 Av1 is present, Vanced is not showing them. This is on the latest version v16.16.38.
    4k Av1 in Browser in tablet.jpg

1080p in Vanced.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Sorry I'm late for this release guys. Recently closed on a house, and unfortunately not everything went quite according to plan. But overall worked out, so no worries. =)

I see @zgfg already uploaded a Magisk installer, but I figured I would post this anyway. For the sake of completion, and to keep the "index" going from my original Magisk release post.

***Magisk Files for YT Vanced v16.20.35***

For more background info, and installation / troubleshooting info, see this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83741225&postcount=17198

YouTube 16.20.35 .APKS / YouTube Vanced 16.20.35 Magisk Modules:
      YouTube-Vanced-16.20.35-Dark_Magisk.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586350411
      YouTube-Vanced-16.20.35-Black_Magisk.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586350409
      Stock YouTube 16.20.35 APKS (.zip file): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586350419
      (sorry, AFH doesn't allow uploads of .apks files, so I zipped up the stock apks file before uploading)

note: btw the module id tags are the same in each module, so you can easily switch between dark and black by simply flashing the other module and rebooting.

-------------------------------------------------

* For some reason, on my older devices (Nougat), from an existing Magisk install, I can simply install the new APKS, then flash the new module with the new version and reboot, and the app works perfectly. Basically just a simple "upgrade" with all settings intact.

* But then I've noticed on my newer devices (Pie, Q, and R), doing that exact same procedure will cause the app to force close after rebooting, making it necessary to follow the steps I outlined in my previous post that I linked at the top of this post. Not really a huge deal, just annoying and need to redo the settings and preferences. However, it does seem to update properly without issues by simply adding just one additional step before the upgrade - disabling or deleting the old Magisk module first and rebooting, then updating.

So basically, probably the safest steps to update from my previous module versions would be:
      - Disable or delete my old Magisk module. REBOOT.
      - Install new version APKS via SAI.
      - Flash my new version Magisk module. REBOOT.
      And like usual, from here you can change between dark and black theme by just flashing the other and rebooting.

I think it may have something to do with the way the newer SDK levels handle split APK installs. I think perhaps having the Magisk module enabled when updating YouTube causes some components to be unable to fully install - but only on newer versions of Android. Ultimately, my older devices can skip the one added step of removing my old Magisk modules before updating, but in either case it wouldn't hurt to go with the steps I outlined above - it's more of a failsafe method that works in both scenarios.

---------------------------------------------------
      Here are the custom YouTube Vanced app logos, for those where it's not showing up for some reason. Use these if your launcher allows changing app icons:
      https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=319601
      ---------------------------------------------------

...and finally as usual, the biggest thanks of all is reserved to the entire Vanced development team! Thanks for continuing the work on this project!
      I have been searching for an issue that me and many other users are facing, there YouTube Vanced is NOT working with Chrome Cast, I get an error message telling me that I need to update Google Play Services even though it's well updated! The problem is only appearing with YouTube Vanced! All other apps with Chrome Cast support are working fine!

I have removed YouTube Vanced, reinstalled everything but with no luck!

This issue appears in 2 phones:
      Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (Snapdragon)
      OnePlus 8T (Snapdragon)
      Android 11
      NoN root YouTube Vanced

View attachment 5319527

View attachment 5319529
      Screenshot_20210526-074611.png
      I have disabled but it's doesn't work
      I had the similar problem when I used too restrictive adblocker. Actually, I was using Private DNS: dns-family.adguard.com

With that, I was unable to disable Restrictive mode (YT complained that network forces my restrictions or something like that, it took me time to realize what was really the cause)

When I finally changed the Private DNS to the less restrictive: dns.adguard.com (later I even turned Private DNS off) I was able to disable Restrictive mode in the YT(V) Settings and comments started to show again
      Who was so crazy to hide YTV current and latest version under spoiler? This is the only reason to open the app (update YTV) and I need to do extra waste tap.
      Hi everyone,

I have discovered something about this app.

Telcos here in my country are offering several data plans that have data allocation for YT only.

Example:

For $2, I can avail 8gb data open to all web, plus Unli Call/Text, and 8gb data allocation for YT good for 7 days.

I have discovered that when I'm using YT Vanced, it uses actually the regular data not the data intended for YT. I hope you get my point. I suggest devs would do some working around about this. Dont get me wrong, I am not demanding. I am just raising my findings for this app.
      ‼️Before asking or posting anything, please read the first and second posts.‼️

YouTube Vanced

SrSEsV2.png

Vanced is a well-known modded version of the YouTube app with many features such as ad-blocking and background playback. Vanced also offers some extra features to enhance the user experience. The entire list is available below:

Features:

• YouTube Vanced IS NOT YouTube Premium
      • Blocks all YouTube ADs (some options are togglable)
      • Background playback feature
      • Force VP9(or HDR) or vice versa
      • Override Max Resolution
      • Pinch to Zoom on all devices
      • Casting togglable (can be forced off)
      • Togglable Theme (White/Dark/Black)
      • PiP (Android 8.0+)
      • Video window new or old style
      • Repeat video feature
      • Preferred Resolution & Speed feature
      • Swipe controls for Volume and Brightness
      • Sponsorblock integration
      • Tap to seek feature
      • Copy video link + with timestamps feature
      • New Logo by @Logan

Always check the official Vanced website or XDA thread when downloading. Other sites are fake, contain advertisements (possibly even malware), and have older versions.

Downloads:

If your network is down or the website isn't loading, you can download vanced manager from the GitHub page.

Alternative Mirrors for Older versions below v14.x releases:

Since YouTube v14.41.52, Google has moved to split APKs format. The Android package installer doesn't support Split apks yet, so we are now using Vanced manager for installing all vanced apps. The steps to use the vanced manager are below:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Especially for MIUI, there's a separate guide that can be accessed using this link.

For Non-Root:
      1. Download and install the latest Vanced Manager using our official Vanced website.
      2. Open Vanced Manager and tap the blue arrow in the lower right corner.
      3. Begin installing Vanced microG. (This app is mandatory to install if you want to login with your Google account)
      4. Then install YouTube Vanced (or YouTube Music Vanced), log in to your account and enjoy!
      For Root:
      1. Download and install the latest Vanced Manager using our official Vanced website.​
      2. Open Vanced manager and tap on the "Magisk" icon to grant root permissions.​
      3. Once you are in, begin installing YouTube Vanced (or YouTube Music Vanced).​

Important information:

• Disabling "APK signature verification," which was previously required, is no longer needed.
      • The magisk version has been discontinued and removed from the magisk repository since Google has switched to Split APKs format. We replaced our root installation with vanced manager, which directly mounts vanced on top of Youtube in the /data/app directory, making it easier and faster than before.
      • Vanced will not block ads while casting since when you use the casting feature, it doesn't send the video from your phone to the Chromecast/TV. Instead, your phone acts like a remote controller for the youtube app in your Chromecast/TV. That is why the advertisement is displayed.

Known bugs:

• Purchasing items in the non-root version of the app causes the app to crash. It's most likely due to MicroG. However, for greater security, it is preferable to use the original YouTube app.
      • If your videos are lagging or the application starts to crash while watching live videos, please enable VP9 codec from codec override present under vanced settings. Google forced the ExoPlayer v2, which is highly experimental and unstable on unsupported devices.
      • As of v16.16.38, casting won't work due to an upstream microG bug.
      • On portrait/vertical videos, preferred quality options do not work.

Installation guide for old versions:

Non-Root:

1. Download and install the Vanced microG using the latest Vanced manager
      2. Download the necessary Vanced APK file using the old versions link above.
      3. Install the APK like you would for any other app.

Root:

1. Download the official TWRP installer found in the downloads above
      2. Download the suitable APK of the theme you want for your device (check your architecture using an app such as CPU-Z)
      3. Place the downloaded APK into a separate new folder with the TWRP installer zip you downloaded or inside the installer zip
      4. Uninstall all YouTube updates and disable auto-update in the play store (If you can completely uninstall the youtube application)
      5. Flash the installer in TWRP
      6. Profit!

Magisk:

There are a total of 2 ways to install the magisk version.
      • The first and most effective way is to install it via the Magisk app. Since we have discontinued the Magisk version and removed it from the magisk repository, you can get the last available magisk version using this link.
      • The second way is to place "Install via magisk.plz" alongside the official installer zip or enable magisk install in the settings.sh and flash via the magisk app.
      Note: Make sure you have uninstalled the stock YouTube app or at least uninstalled its updates below v14.21.54. A newer version will override the vanced installation, preventing you from seeing vanced in your app drawer.

Explanation of the (Ad)Vanced options of the official installer:

Vanced makes use of both settings.sh and plz files as parameters while installing.

Using the settings.sh:

• SEARCHFOLDER - Path where to search for iYTBP Apk's (must be a subfolder on sdcard!)
      • MAGINSTALL - Use magisk installation instead of root installation. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
      • DETACH - Detach Youtube from the play store to disable update notifications. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
      • ATTACH - Attach Youtube to play store if it was previously detached. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
      • UNINSTALL - Completely uninstall iYTBP: root version, magisk module, and detach module (Possible Values: YES/NO)

Using the plz files: (Use only the ones you want)

(Place the downloaded file in the same folder as the official installer zip)
      • iYTBP_install_via_magisk.plz - Use magisk installation instead of root installation
      • iYTBP_detach_from_playstore.plz - Detach Youtube from play store to disable update notifications.
      • iYTBP_attach_to_playstore.plz - Attach Youtube to play store if it was previously detached.
      • iYTBP_uninstall.plz - Completely uninstall iYTBP: root version, magisk module, and detach module.

Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida

Social links

BUG Reports:

Steps to do before reporting a bug
      1. Do a search and see if it has already been reported
      2. Check that the bug is actually a Vanced bug and doesn't happen in the original YouTube.
      Steps to do when reporting a bug
      1. Make sure you are being enough descriptive of the problem.
      2. Take a logcat (Google search if you don't know how). Especially if the issue is a crash.
      3. Taking pictures of the problem doesn't hurt.
      4. If the report is vague (missing information), it will most likely just be ignored. If you are not going to show any effort in resolving the problem, why should I?

F.A.Q:

Q.Where did the normal(white) apk go??
      A. White is included in both versions by default as a primary theme. Simply choose the alternate theme you prefer for the night time then use it accordingly with your system theme.

Q. How to install updates?
      A. When using vanced manager, simply tap on the "update" button to begin updating your vanced. If you are installing an older version, just download the latest apk and install it as you previously did before.

Q. Do I need to re-install detach script for every new YouTube Vanced update?
      A. No!

Q. Can I install this as I normally install any other apk?
      A. Only the non-root version.

Q. Can I download videos with this?
      A. No (and you never will)! But the official YouTube Offline Video feature is working in Supported countries.

Q. Why is the <xyz> variant not available to download?
      A. We release 2 Unified builds of non-root, one with the stock youtube theme and another with an AMOLED friendly theme. Use the latest vanced manager and choose the theme and language you would like to install.

Q. Installation successful but YouTube is not showing up in launcher, why?
      A. If you are facing this issue that means you are not using vanced manager. Please use vanced manager to install vanced applications. If you are installing old versions of root variants, make sure the stock youtube app is uninstalled or at least you uninstalled its updates.

Q. Does the 'Crop to fit' feature work for S8 and S8+ users?
      A. Yes! It works on the rooted version but not in the non-root since the package name is changed. However, there is an alternative new Pinch to Zoom feature with basically the same functionality.

Q. Is history working?
      A. Yes! Make sure you whitelist *s.youtube.com in your ad blocker. And non-root users need to check that they are not using a brand account due to the MicroG bug. If you are, you need to merge the accounts to get the history working (YouTube Settings). The merging process will clean the current history.

Q. Does PIP mode works?
      A. Yes, from Android 8.0+ only!

Q. When will you release the new version?
      A. Usually within a couple of days after the official apk is available in apkmirror. But please don't ask for ETA!

Q. Does background playback download video?
      A. No, it does not. After going into background playback, you will only download audio so there will be much less data usage.

Q. I can't log in on Non-Root, I get stuck on the I agree page. What to do?
      A. If you are facing this issue, that means you are using older versions of vanced microG. Please update to the latest version using the latest vanced manager which can be downloaded via our official website. Links can be found in the first post.
      Downloads:

GDrive (All versions)
      Alternative Mirrors: AFH (rarely updated) Mediafire (only the latest)
      New site up https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/ with latest version of YouTube as base (13.10). Includes some bugfixes and other changes detailed on discord. At the time of writing this post apkmirror lacks apks for arm so you will have to wait a while until it has them and then we will be able to make arm root builds.
      New update is out v13.28.54 with following changes:
      - 13.28.53 Full width search bar fix
      - Translation support for more strings
      - HDR brightness bug fixed when using swipe controls
      - Auto repeat can now be linked to autoplay toggle
      - Top-Swipe paddig range added
      - Seek buttons fixed
      - COMPLETE REWORK of all mods for v13.27+ versions (many thx and all credits to @Razerman !!)