I tried it, with debloater.
But de folder system /product doesn't show up in terminal..
I tried it, with debloater.
I just disabled the original version
Not really. The latest versions are not able to stream to Chromecast (see attached screenshot) In this case you can use version 16.02.35, the last one without that issue. MicroG doesn't drain much battery for me, just some wake-ups.I just disabled the original version
Also, with the root version, whenever I go to the play store, it shows that there is an update for YT and I can't just use the "update all" option to update all my apps, I always have to pay attention not to update YT. Tried a few things, magisk modules, but was unable to hide it from being updated.
I might be missing something, but I don't see many reasons to go for the root version nowadays?
Check this post and the screenshot (two above yours):
What sounds suspicious tomme is that yu have a process running in the background, repeatedly, doing something to YouTube (your cron detach script) while you are running YouTube. Have you tested without the detach script running or even ran a single time after a fresh install?This is a bug report.
1. YouTube Vanced 16.29.39 . However, using earlier versions does not help.
2/3. Installed via Vanced Manager by selecting "latest" version (=16.29.39)
4. OnePlus Nord 2 5G, model "DN2103", SoC "Dimensity 1200-AI Octa-core"
5. OxygenOS V11.3, Android 11 up-to-date
6. No Substratum overlays
8. After phone restart, the icon changes to the youtube icon and the app crashes immediately. `adb logcat --buffer=crash` shows the above linked FATAL EXCEPTION trace. As if the system does something to youtube at startup that messes up vanced installation. Vanced Manager says the version is the same and all looks good. A full uninstall + install cycle is necessary to fix, nothing else helps (clearing cache, data, uninstalling updates, force stopping, etc. etc.). It sounds similar to what yazzine described in the previous post. It also happens randomly, after some time without any obvious triggers.
9. Magisk modules:
I'll gladly provide more details if needed.
- detach (with an "every 2 minute" crond detach job for youtube+ytmusic: "*/2 * * * * su -c detach -t")
- MagiskHide Props Config
- Systemless Hosts
- Universal SafetyNet Fix
Yes, I first tried to one-off detach YT and it didn't work well, YouTube would re-appear in the list of apps to update all over again consistently. This was the reason for trying it with the cron-executed detach script because I know a similar script was being installed with Vanced YT when it was managed as a Magisk Module.What sounds suspicious tomme is that yu have a process running in the background, repeatedly, doing something to YouTube (your cron detach script) while you are running YouTube. Have you tested without the detach script running or even ran a single time after a fresh install?
PS: I created a detach method that does not require a cron job to ensure it stays detached.
You did not specify which method you used to detach.
For the root version, vanced IS the youtube APK.
i simply downloaded "detach" (latest version from this site) and installed the zip via magisk. thats all i did. but nothing. perhaps i needed to do something else? instructions didnt mention i needed to do anything else?
YT Vanced does not provide anything special or additional for editing.X Mas to everyone on XDA
I have a situation where I need to trim videos that I uploaded as part of a live feed. that is the videos were live when the program was running., they later showed up as recorded status and these are precisely the ones where I want to trim both sides (start & end ) & center where there is no audio . I can do that only on the desktop version of YouTube or on PC. I do not see any option available on an mobile YouTube website or Android app ( Vance or YouTube studio ). so how do I go about getting this done. right now I am stuck with using desktop versions of browsers and forcing YouTube account to open only on browser and it's extremely messy .....the part for editing
Google for and download/install (Github) Fox Magisk Module Manager (Fox Mmm root app you will use for downloading/installing modules instead of the Modules on-line support that is removed from the new Magisk)