[CLOSED][APP][MOD][ROOT/NONROOT] Vanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bartleby999

Jan 5, 2015
I have installed Youtube Vanced v.15.43.32 and Youtube Music v.4.07.51 with Vanced Manager 2.0.1, root version. Everything is working.

Problem: Whenever the phone is restarted, the Youtube Vanced and Youtube Music are automatically uninstalled, requiring a new installation.

Is there any correction for this situation?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Phone: Huawei P8 lite, EMUI 8.0.0, Android 8.0.0

Been answered many, many times. Just search the thread for the Magisk module.

jacobyo7

Apr 26, 2015
YouTube Music Magisk Module 4.07.51

Hi, first of all, all credits goes to @i5lee8bit

I made a modified version of his module ( https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83855303&postcount=17387 ) but for youtube music, originaly 4.02.51 and now updated to 4.07.51

Installation process is the same as the original module:

First, install stock YT music 4.07.51

Uninstall previous version of the magisk module if you have one

Download and flash the magisk module

Reboot and enjoy

It work alongside i5lee8bit module too (so youtube vanced and youtube music vanced at the same time)

Tested on my OnePlus 3T android 9 and my OnePlus 7T android 10, I am not responsible to any damage to your phone

Once again, all credits goes to @i5lee8bit , a huge thanks to him !

Last edited:

roucoupse

Jan 14, 2021
Hello,

Is there a way to have right swipe up/down for volume and left swipe up/down for toggle between full screen/standard screen (instead of the brightness settings)

Thank you.

Deodorun

Jan 15, 2021
Hello.. I'm using unroot YouTube vanced 15.43.32 on redmi note 9

Why picture in picture seems to dissappear?

On my old phone I used to have this mini player playing on screen when I minimised the app, I still can watch my YouTube video while doing the other thing on my phone like chatting, scroll through Instagram and etc. But I don't have it now.

I set it on from settings-general-picture-in-picture, I set it to allow the special app access for picture in picture from my phone setting as well , still can't have it.

Last edited:

DE52

Aug 1, 2013
Montreal
Hello.. I'm using unroot YouTube vanced on redmi note 9.

Why picture in picture seems to dissappear?

On my old phone I used to have this mini player playing on screen when I minimised the app, I still can watch my YouTube video while doing the other thing on my phone like chatting, scroll through Instagram and etc. But I don't have it now.

I set it on from settings-general-picture-in-picture, I set it to allow the special app access for picture in picture from my phone setting as well , still can't have it.

Does this feature doesn't work on android 10?
It's important that you specify which version of non-root you have so people can respond accordingly. Personally, I have android 10 on an LG G8x and non-root version 14.21.54 (old version) and picture-in-picture works (the name of the little preview window). Haven't tried newer versions but maybe someone can respond when you specify which app version you have specifically

Deodorun

Jan 15, 2021
It's important that you specify which version of non-root you have so people can respond accordingly. Personally, I have android 10 on an LG G8x and non-root version 14.21.54 (old version) and picture-in-picture works (the name of the little preview window). Haven't tried newer versions but maybe someone can respond when you specify which app version you have specifically

Thanks for the advice, I'm using newest version 15.43. 32

alitaleb

Oct 28, 2010
Hi All
I updated my note 10 plus to android 11 already i had Vanced, but after updating to android 11 Vanced disappeared, i installed vanced manager and tried to install vanced tube, but it gives the error attached, but the previous version is not in the app menu,any help plz? Non root.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210116-144313_Vanced Manager.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210116-144313_Vanced Manager.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
Hi All
I updated my note 10 plus to android 11 already i had Vanced, but after updating to android 11 Vanced disappeared, i installed vanced manager and tried to install vanced tube, but it gives the error attached, but the previous version is not in the app menu,any help plz? Non root.
Probably the YouTube apk already embedded in the system partition has a newer version than the base used by Vanced, so it is not possible to downgrade. The solution would either remove YouTube stock using root or wait for the release of a new Vanced update with base version equal to or higher.
Edit: I just saw that you are trying to install the rootless version. In that case try going to Settings > Apps, and searching for some remnant of YouTube Vanced to uninstall

bauer18

May 22, 2013
Hi, Please help, after I updated microG using the vanced installer and updated the youtube vanced, and now im always getting "You're offline."

Here's what I did so far.

- Uninstalled everything.
- Reinstalled it again. But it only worked on my first open on YouTube Vanced.. when I re-open it, im getting "you're offline" message.
- uninstalled again, and reinstalled the lower version of YouTube vanced. Same worked once and gave me the same problem.
- uninstalled microG alone, youtube vanced works as of the moment. I think the issue is with the microG.

How can I fixed this?

My phone is Huawei P30. It has google services by default.

Hi, Please help, after I updated microG using the vanced installer and updated the youtube vanced, and now im always getting "You're offline."

Here's what I did so far.

- Uninstalled everything.
- Reinstalled it again. But it only worked on my first open on YouTube Vanced.. when I re-open it, im getting "you're offline" message.
- uninstalled again, and reinstalled the lower version of YouTube vanced. Same worked once and gave me the same problem.
- uninstalled microG alone, youtube vanced works as of the moment. I think the issue is with the microG.

How can I fixed this?

My phone is Huawei P30. It has google services by default.
Make sure you have any and all battery optimizations turned off for micro g.
Sounds like a battery optimizations app turning off micro g.

auris1993

May 4, 2016
Nothing Phone 2
I'm stuck on installing YouTube vanced. Says installing please be patient but it doesn't install any ideas?
yes, same for me, tested on s8, and oneplus 8, on both same problem. i think it have something with magisk, since updated magisk looks like its broken, with s8 downgraded magisk and it installs just fine.
however on op8 when stuck on that "please be pattient" i just closed app, restarted phone, and looks like YT vanced appeared.

payas0

Actually even with the more updated Vanced Manager, installation still gets stuck at Please be patient. I was only able to install using the latest Vance Manager when I rolled back to Magisk 21.2 from 21.3.

It's already been reported.

Reactions: pabjimlop

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
yes, same for me, tested on s8, and oneplus 8, on both same problem. i think it have something with magisk, since updated magisk looks like its broken, with s8 downgraded magisk and it installs just fine.
however on op8 when stuck on that "please be pattient" i just closed app, restarted phone, and looks like YT vanced appeared.
I have the same problem on Xiaomi Mi 9T with A11 beta.
But I ignore never-ending Vanced Manager installation, I click on YouTube and YouTube Vanced opens

Hovewer, upon the phone reboot, I cannot start YT - it crashes immediately and I have to 'install' it again

Something terribly change in Magisk after Cansry 21201 - Viper4Android shows me Status Abnormal and I cannot properly reinstall it anymore

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Thanks everyone who chimed in and yes I noticed it after updating magisk. Good news the latest 21.4 version fixes the issue. Update and YTV installs just fine👍
Problem with never ending ("Be patient") installation of YTV root was fixed with the new Vanced Manager 2.2.1

Also, I see now a fix in their script /data/adb/service.d/vanced.sh and YTV root now properly survives reboot (previously I had a crash)

(I tested first with the old Magisk v21.2, updated Vancec Mansger and only wheny I was sure about the fixes as about I updated Magisk to v21.4 - i.e., the fixes are in Vanced Manager, not in Magisk)

Xiaomi Mi 9T, Xiaomi.eu 21.1.13, A11

Reactions: TomiLynch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit├┤Closing note. YouTube Vanced lives on in ReVanced (not affiliated with Vanced)├

‼️Before asking or posting anything, please read the first and second posts.‼️

Always check the official Vanced website or XDA thread when downloading. Other sites are fake, contain advertisements (possibly even malware), and have older versions.

Vanced Banner-01-01.png

Vanced is a well-known modded version of the YouTube app with many features such as ad-blocking and background playback. Vanced also offers some extra features to enhance the user experience. The entire list is available below:

Features:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Since YouTube v14.41.52, Google has moved to split APKs format. The Android package installer doesn't support Split apks yet, so we are now using Vanced manager for installing all vanced apps. The steps to use the vanced manager are below:
    Especially for MIUI, there's a separate guide that can be accessed using this link. For all other devices, please follow below:

For Non-Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced Manager and tap the blue arrow in the lower right corner.
    3. Begin installing Vanced microG. (Without which you won't be able to install Vanced (or Music Vanced) or use login)
    4. Then install Vanced (or Music Vanced), log in to your account and enjoy!
    For Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced manager and tap on the "Magisk" icon to grant root permissions.​
    3. Once you are in, begin installing Vanced (or Music Vanced).​

Important information:

• We replaced our root installation with vanced manager, which directly mounts vanced on top of Youtube in the /data/app directory, making it easier and faster than before.
    • Vanced will not block ads while casting since when you use the casting feature, it doesn't send the video from your phone to the Chromecast/TV. Instead, your phone acts like a remote controller for the youtube app in your Chromecast/TV. That is why the advertisement is displayed.
    • Purchasing items in the non-root version of the app will not work as microG doesn't support it. Hence, it is preferable to use the original YouTube app or using the web version for any purchase.
    • If your videos are lagging or the application starts to crash while watching live videos, please enable VP9 codec from codec override present under vanced settings. Google forced the ExoPlayer v2, which is highly experimental and unstable on unsupported devices.
    • YouTube has dropped support for Android 5 (Lollipop) with v17.xx.xx. Hence, the minimum supported version is now Android 6 and above.

Known bugs:

• Swipe down gesture for refreshing home feed breaks randomly. It's an issue with litho that only Google can fix. There's nothing we can do to fix it. (Tap here to learn more)
    • As of v16.16.38, casting won't work due to an upstream microG bug. (Tap here to learn more)
    • On portrait/vertical videos, preferred quality options do not work.
    • Swipe controls triggers when swiping either upwards or downwards to scroll through description or in live chat when in landscape mode.
    • On new action bar layouts(server-sided feature), the new toggles won't work.
    • Info cards toggle is broken (Temp fix: Disable it through your Google account settings. This setting disables info cards everywhere.)
    • App crashes with java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError while playing some video outside of vanced.
    • Manual codec override is broken and very experimental.
    • Some users might face geographical ads on YouTube Shorts tab.
    • SponsorBlock segments at the end of videos in playlists causes playback on the next video to start where the previous one ended.

Social links

Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida

BUG Reports:

Steps to do before reporting a bug:
    1. Do a search and see if it has already been reported
    2. Check that the bug is actually a Vanced bug and doesn't happen in the original YouTube.
    Steps to do when reporting a bug:
    1. Make sure you are being enough descriptive of the problem.
    2. Take a logcat (Google search if you don't know how). Especially if the issue is a crash.
    3. Taking pictures of the problem doesn't hurt.
    4. If the report is vague (missing information), it will most likely just be ignored. If you are not going to show any effort in resolving the problem, why should I?
    Bug report template:
    1. Vanced exact version number (Do NOT say latest).
    2. Download link used to download Vanced.
    3. Installation method (whether user SAI or Vanced Manager)
    4. Device.
    5. ROM (optional may not help).
    6. Any applied Substratum/swift overlays.
    7. Logs if there are any crashes/force closes (upload to Pastebin or hastebin or katbin) and paste the link of it with your report. [Check here to know how to get logs]
    8. A brief description of the issue
    9. Any installed mods to the system.
    10. Test your issue on the stock youtube app

Important links:

Downloads:

Alternative Mirrors for pre 15.x: AFH Mediafire
    New site up https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/ with latest version of YouTube as base (13.10). Includes some bugfixes and other changes detailed on discord. At the time of writing this post apkmirror lacks apks for arm so you will have to wait a while until it has them and then we will be able to make arm root builds.
    New update is out v13.28.54 with following changes:
    - 13.28.53 Full width search bar fix
    - Translation support for more strings
    - HDR brightness bug fixed when using swipe controls
    - Auto repeat can now be linked to autoplay toggle
    - Top-Swipe paddig range added
    - Seek buttons fixed
    - COMPLETE REWORK of all mods for v13.27+ versions (many thx and all credits to @Razerman !!)