[APP][MOD]Sense 4.5 Camera Mod

Search This thread

yankeeboy254

Feb 17, 2011
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1867966

I take no credit for this, as I did not make this.
This is a modified Sense 4.5 Camera app, for the HTC One X. Works as it should on my EVO 4G LTE. Has a bunch of great mods including force bitrates for video and audio, expanded camera tweak control, continuous autofocus etc.

**NOTE** Camera button does NOT work in this app, as the One X does not have a camera button. Surely it shouldn't be too hard for some epic dev to add in though.

pimpol10

Nov 2, 2009
Works Great. Hopefully some one can modtify it so that the camera button would work...:D

Last edited:

KERKEDAGAIN

Mar 24, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Works Great. Hopefully some one can modtify it so that the camera button would work...:D

Press the settings button and scroll down to miscellaneous. There you can "hook" the volume buttons which maps the volume up button to video recording and the volume down button for camera shots!

Sent from my Sac23/Chubbz Roms using Tapatalk 2

PuRE IVIonztah

May 12, 2011
Arlington
Google Pixel 5
Press the settings button and scroll down to miscellaneous. There you can "hook" the volume buttons which maps the volume up button to video recording and the volume down button for camera shots!

This is awesome I love it. Gonna try and modify it for camera button and include in my Rom. May I? Credit given of course:)

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Reactions: mobius024

avid4b11t

May 31, 2012
When installing in recovery it gave me a Failed to Install. No idea why. Running Super LTE Desensetized Rom.

sivarticus85

Jan 4, 2011
Atlanta GA
When installing in recovery it gave me a Failed to Install. No idea why. Running Super LTE Desensetized Rom.

The updater script is checking the build.prop for "endeavor" which is the codename for the HOX. Throw this apk into a blank flashable zip file that checks for "jewel" and you'll be all set.

Here, I've attached the zip I'm using. Works like a champ.

Last edited:
Reactions: greg.dassing

wileout

Oct 19, 2011
gallitzin
Sooo should i use that apk just posted or the link in op cuz imma be angry if i waited 15 mins on 3g for the op imma be angry lol

Sent from the euphoric state of my mind

PuRE IVIonztah

May 12, 2011
Arlington
Google Pixel 5
I've never had to do this before...can you please explain how to do this? Thanks!

Find a zip that you can flash in recovery. Change the name it checks for in build.prop to "jewel" (name of the LTE) and drop in the apk into the /system/app folder

HTC EVO LTE
PuRE ROM v3.07beta
PRL 25006
PRI 2.45_003
Hardware 003
Radio/Baseband 1.12.11.0809
Kernel Stock 2.13/ Awesome Sauce 1.5 2.1gHz
Sent from my ELTE using XDA Premium

Reactions: greg.dassing

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
I dont know about this sense 4.5 camera...I love all the options but everything kind of seems blurry and video looks kind of grainy.

Just did some video tests in low light that I always run when messing with new cameras..
Every video in low light in my office previous to this update has always averaged 29FPS
The same exact conditions with the sense 4.5 camera give me 18-22FPS.
Going to revert back to original camera and see if it isnt the new rom im running.

Last edited:

PuRE IVIonztah

May 12, 2011
Arlington
Google Pixel 5
I dont know about this sense 4.5 camera...I love all the options but everything kind of seems blurry and video looks kind of grainy.

Works great for me if not better. I'm on my odex rom but I've left the apk deodexed. No changes at all. Not sure why it would be grainy for you? Crystal clear for me

HTC EVO LTE
PuRE ROM v3.07
PRL 25006
PRI 2.45_003
Hardware 003

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Works great for me if not better. I'm on my odex rom but I've left the apk deodexed. No changes at all. Not sure why it would be grainy for you? Crystal clear for me

HTC EVO LTE
PuRE ROM v3.07
PRL 25006
PRI 2.45_003
Hardware 003

At this point im just going off of video(low light)..Photos on 4.5 are amazing..Im strictly talking video here at 20Mbps..ive always averaged 29FPS..Testing to make sure it isn't the rom that is the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1867966

I take no credit for this, as I did not make this.
    This is a modified Sense 4.5 Camera app, for the HTC One X. Works as it should on my EVO 4G LTE. Has a bunch of great mods including force bitrates for video and audio, expanded camera tweak control, continuous autofocus etc.

**NOTE** Camera button does NOT work in this app, as the One X does not have a camera button. Surely it shouldn't be too hard for some epic dev to add in though.

You have to take the camera.apk out of the zip. The zip is set for a different phone.

I noticed that too, but the only thing that is incompatible with our phone is the mount command he uses in the updater_script:

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p12", "/system");

...on our phone it is ""/dev/block/mmcblk0p35"

Which is why in my scripts I always the generic:

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "system", "/system");

or even better:

run_program("/sbin/mount", "/system");

so they run on any phone. If you make this change to the updater_script in the zip file, you can flash this zip as is, which is preferable because his script also deletes the .odex file and removes the camera entry from the dalvik cache.
    This works great thanks!

This is awesome I love it. Gonna try and modify it for camera button and include in my Rom. May I? Credit given of course:)