[APP][MOD] Spotify Lite - scaled for standalone use on Wear OS

Search This thread

Kamilinho20

Sep 28, 2017
Anyone tried with youtube music / vanced yt-music to mod for wear OS? I have errors when building:
error: Found tag 'anytag' where item is expected
and
error: Error parsing XML: not well-formed (invalid token)

KreGgiants

Sep 8, 2012
Let me ask a question, i bought a Galaxy watch 4 and it has Spotify (official version). Now I saw this version. Matt someone tem me what is the difference, and if it's worth changing?

oliverlevan

Mar 31, 2021
Let me ask a question, i bought a Galaxy watch 4 and it has Spotify (official version). Now I saw this version. Matt someone tem me what is the difference, and if it's worth changing?
You better user the wear os version. Right now this mod version is useless as Spotify lauched a wear os version this year.

FoivosK

Dec 6, 2021
You better user the wear os version. Right now this mod version is useless as Spotify lauched a wear os version this year.
But is the spotify mod lite version better in battery term as the official wear os spotify?

I have the galaxy watch 4 classic and I have noticed these problems with the official spotify app

1) spotify can't play though the watch speakers (although samsung states that it can play though the spakers)

2) I can't search any songs only play playlists or albums

3) the battery usage of the official app is the worst because it is used as a battery drain

Could these issues be fixed with the spotify mod lite or spotify mod full version?(I especially care mostly about thr 3rd and the 1st issue)

Thank you all for your time, I hope I receive some responses from users on this thread

JeckyllHavok

Jul 21, 2007
If i'm right, shouldn't that work with the Audible App, too? I would love to have Audible on my watch

Zeldri

May 30, 2016
But is the spotify mod lite version better in battery term as the official wear os spotify?

I have the galaxy watch 4 classic and I have noticed these problems with the official spotify app

1) spotify can't play though the watch speakers (although samsung states that it can play though the spakers)

2) I can't search any songs only play playlists or albums

3) the battery usage of the official app is the worst because it is used as a battery drain

Could these issues be fixed with the spotify mod lite or spotify mod full version?(I especially care mostly about thr 3rd and the 1st issue)

Thank you all for your time, I hope I receive some responses from users on this thread
So I don't know if you find how to play it through the speaker but I just found out, the only way I achieved to play it through the speaker is to pair a bluetooth headset.
Play a song and you can switch to speaker in the watch's media controller, there is a little headset icon which gives you the possibility to play it through the speaker, the only downside is you need to control (switch tracks) with the watch's media controller, because as soon as you press pause/switch in the Spotify app it will switch to the bluetooth pairing screen, hope it helps :D

mrfatiga22

Sé que no es WearOS, pero ¿alguien lo está trabajando en Amzafit Startos?

Probé en Stratos 3, pero obtuve el error INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS al intentar instalar:
spotify-lite-wear-mod.apk
Spotify-v8.5.57.apk

Soy nuevo en este tipo de cosas por lo que cualquier consejo será apreciado.
Libraries are not supported. That happens to me when I want to install an APK on Samsung galaxy watch 4, which is not armeabi-v7a. Cheers

D

Deleted member 11818907

This is a mod of the Spotify Lite v0.6.6. The official Spotify app for Wear OS is not able to stream music standalone. Sideloading any Spotify works but the UI is obviously giant on Wear OS - see this recent Spotify screenshot from Wear OS.

It's possible to change system wide density but it takes away the usability and look of Wear OS. I did a quick experiment with pure resource mod and it works surprisingly nice so I'm sharing it with you. Downscaling other well written apps is therefore possible.

What it took:
  • Replace all sizes (dip/sp in layouts, dimens etc.) - I divided them by 2
  • Few quick fixes - set bottom tab layout alignment to center instead of fill, set custom height for actionBarSize, set horizontal margin for toolbar (so far only on Home screen)
It takes only quite a few commands to create such downscaled modded app. The current version of the size replacement script is really ugly and slow but I think that it would make a great universal script/tool for conversion of any user app (right?)...

View attachment 4548462 View attachment 4548511 View attachment 4548512

Spotify Lite mod is attached to this post. (Lite version doesn't support offline playback but the whole app is supposed to be snappy.)
Full version of modded Spotify (8.4.62.490) is available from mega.nz or AndroidFileHost. Mod v2 (improved top toolbar): mega.nz or AndroidFileHost.

Here's the raw (but trivial) tool - WearModder.jar

How to use it:

Code:
# Decompile apk
java -jar apktool_2.3.3.jar d spotify-lite.apk

# Mod resources (use directory or individual files as arguments)
java -jar WearModder.jar spotify-lite/res

# Perform additional manual tweaks

# Build apk
java -jar apktool_2.3.3.jar b spotify-lite

# Sign
keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-release-key.keystore spotify-lite/dist/spotify-lite.apk alias_name

WearModder modifies all files in-place so do not run it more than once on the same files (d'oh). Feel free to try modding your favorite apps and let me know how well it works.

Update 2018/10/04: Uploaded mod of Spotify Lite v0.9.5.

Chech also uploads of others who shared their (newer) versions.
Where can I download APKTool?

D

Deleted member 11818907

This is a mod of the Spotify Lite v0.6.6. The official Spotify app for Wear OS is not able to stream music standalone. Sideloading any Spotify works but the UI is obviously giant on Wear OS - see this recent Spotify screenshot from Wear OS.

It's possible to change system wide density but it takes away the usability and look of Wear OS. I did a quick experiment with pure resource mod and it works surprisingly nice so I'm sharing it with you. Downscaling other well written apps is therefore possible.

What it took:
  • Few quick fixes - set bottom tab layout alignment to center instead of fill, set custom height for actionBarSize, set horizontal margin for toolbar (so far only on Home screen)
It takes only quite a few commands to create such downscaled modded app. The current version of the size replacement script is really ugly and slow but I think that it would make a great universal script/tool for conversion of any user app (right?)...

Spotify Lite mod is attached to this post. (Lite version doesn't support offline playback but the whole app is supposed to be snappy.)
Full version of modded Spotify (8.4.62.490) is available from mega.nz or AndroidFileHost. Mod v2 (improved top toolbar): mega.nz or AndroidFileHost.

How to use it:

Code:
# Decompile apk

# Build apk

# Sign
keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-release-key.keystore spotify-lite/dist/spotify-lite.apk alias_name

WearModder modifies all files in-place so do not run it more than once on the same files (d'oh). Feel free to try modding your favorite apps and let me know how well it works.

Thanks, using your tools I just ported a web browser to Wear OS :)

bernarbernuli

Hello, I find it a very interesting project and would like to give visibility to the tutorial in this post, the script works well with current APKs although of course improvable, I encourage whoever has knowledge to develop a new update of the script.

There are apps installed on Wear OS (especially those that come from Android) that have a giant interface and do not adapt well to the small size of the watch screen, which prevents to reach certain options from the watch. The guide allows you to change the density of a given app without affecting the density of the rest of the apps on the watch, WearModder was developed by user @moneytoo. Unfortunately, the tool has not been updated for at least 2 years, however the WearModder source code is available here (in java) for those who have knowledge and want to improve it, also another developer has ported the tool to Python, also available from this other link.

Both the script and the steps to use it are simple, so anyone can try it with their favorite applications.

Wearmodder-EN.jpg

What does WearModder do?

The WearModder tool is a small script that modifies the density of an APK to fit the size of the watch. The script automatically does the following:
  • Replaces all sizes (dip/sp in layouts, dimens, etc.).
  • Sets centered alignment of the bottom tab layout
  • Sets custom height for action bar (in ActionBarSize element)
  • Set horizontal margin for toolbar (home screen only)

Prerequisites:

• Download and install the Java 8 tool (JRE 1.8) from here.
  • Download APKTool from here (tool for decompiling APK files)
  • Download WearModder from here in java or from here in Python (tool to modify the density of APK files).
  • If you use WearModder for Python, download and install Python from here.

The Guide. How to change the density of an app or game on Wear OS

1. Rename Apktool file you downloaded to "apktool.jar" (no version) and Wearmodder file you downloaded to "wearmodder.jar" (no version).

2. Place in the same folder apktool.jar file, Wearmodder.jar file and APK file you want to modify its density.

3. Now open a command line in that folder and enter the following to decompile APK file.
    Code:
    Java -jar apktool.jar d apk_name.apk

4. Once decompiled, enter the following to modify apk resources:
    Code:
    - With Java version:       java -jar WearModder.jar apk_name/res
    - With Python version:     python ./wearmodder.py ./apk_name/res

5. According to the author of the guide additional manual adjustments must be made, however he does not give any guidelines nor has he developed this step, I suppose it is not always necessary.

6. Build APK file again. The modified APK file will be saved in "/apk_name/dist/" folder.
    Code:
    java -jar apktool.jar b apk_name

7. Enter the following commands to sign it. It will ask you for a new password and some other information.
    Code:
    keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
    jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-key.keystore apk_name/dist/apk_name.apk alias_name
Wearmodder2.jpg

Considerations:

• Make sure you have the environment variable set for Java so that Java can be run from any folder, the same for Python if you are going to use the Python version of WearModder. Here is a guide to add the environment variable for python and here for Java.

• In step 3, 4, 6 and 7 replace in the command "apk_name" with the name of APK file to be modified.

• In step 7 replace "my-key" and "alias_name" with the name of the password and alias storage you want.

• If you have problems using WearModder in Java, you can use WearModder ported to Python. When I tested with Seven app (apk of the capture)), java version modified the APK but when I built the APK again something was wrong, with the Python version I modified and built with ApkTool the app perfectly.

• Do not run WearModder more than once on the same file that you have already altered.

mrfatiga22

Hello, I find it a very interesting project and would like to give visibility to the tutorial in this post, the script works well with current APKs although of course improvable, I encourage whoever has knowledge to develop a new update of the script.

There are apps installed on Wear OS (especially those that come from Android) that have a giant interface and do not adapt well to the small size of the watch screen, which prevents to reach certain options from the watch. The guide allows you to change the density of a given app without affecting the density of the rest of the apps on the watch, WearModder was developed by user @moneytoo. Unfortunately, the tool has not been updated for at least 2 years, however the WearModder source code is available here (in java) for those who have knowledge and want to improve it, also another developer has ported the tool to Python, also available from this other link.

Both the script and the steps to use it are simple, so anyone can try it with their favorite applications.

Wearmodder-EN.jpg

What does WearModder do?

The WearModder tool is a small script that modifies the density of an APK to fit the size of the watch. The script automatically does the following:

Prerequisites:

• Download WearModder from here in java or from here in Python (tool to modify the density of APK files).

1. Rename Apktool file you downloaded to "apktool.jar" (no version) and Wearmodder file you downloaded to "wearmodder.jar" (no version).

2. Place in the same folder apktool.jar file, Wearmodder.jar file and APK file you want to modify its density.

3. Now open a command line in that folder and enter the following to decompile APK file.
    Code:

Code:

5. According to the author of the guide additional manual adjustments must be made, however he does not give any guidelines nor has he developed this step, I suppose it is not always necessary.

6. Build APK file again. The modified APK file will be saved in "/apk_name/dist/" folder.
    Code:

7. Ingrese los siguientes comandos para firmarlo . Le pedirá una nueva contraseña y alguna otra información.
    [CÓDIGO]keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
    jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-key.keystore apk_name/dist/apk_name.apk alias_nombre[/CÓDIGO]
Wearmodder2.jpg

Consideraciones:

• Asegúrese de tener configurada la variable de entorno para Java para que Java se pueda ejecutar desde cualquier carpeta, lo mismo para Python si va a usar la versión Python de WearModder. Aquí hay una guía para agregar la variable de entorno para python y aquí para Java.

• En los pasos 3, 4, 6 y 7, reemplace el comando "apk_name" con el nombre del archivo APK que se modificará.

• En el paso 7, reemplace " my-key " y " alias_name " con el nombre de la contraseña y el alias de almacenamiento que desea.

• Si tiene problemas para usar WearModder en Java , puede usar WearModder portado a Python. Cuando probé con la aplicación Seven (apk de la captura), la versión de Java modificó el APK pero cuando volví a compilar el APK algo andaba mal, con la versión de Python modifiqué y construí con ApkTool la aplicación perfectamente.

• No ejecute WearModder más de una vez en el mismo archivo que ya ha modificado.
ídoloIdolo 😃👍🙏💪👏

xLadyNoire

Aug 23, 2022

What it took:

How to use it:

Code:
# Decompile apk

# Build apk

# Sign

I'm having trouble, can you help me out?

officiallyme

Jul 19, 2011
I was trying to follow the instructions but I am getting
Warning:
The signer's certificate is self-signed.
The SHA1 algorithm specified for the -digestalg option is considered a security risk and is disabled.
The SHA1withRSA algorithm specified for the -sigalg option is considered a security risk and is disabled.
When I try to sideload using Easy Fire Tools I then get the "error getting apk information"

Could someone please help me out?

bernarbernuli

Probably, it is something related to the signature, also you have to take into account that not all apps can be scaled.

Before looking for a solution to that, have you tested that the version of Google Podcast you have is functional? That is, have you tried to change the density to see the full screen?

If you have not done so, adb the following command and open Google Podcast (unmodified with Wearmodder):

adb shell wm density 220

Some time ago I installed a version of Google Podcast and it told me that "To use Google Podcast, you must update Google app".

Of course Google app is up-to-date, I think that version of Google is not compatible with Google Podcast.

To set the original density is:

adb shell wm density 320

Anyway, if your version of Google Podcast is functional, I want it too, and I try to modify it with Wearmodder. If it's not, you don't need to complicate your life now with Wearmodder, at least for that app.

Reactions: officiallyme

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What it took:

spotify-lite-wear-screenshot.png spotify-lite-wear-screenshot-2.png spotify-lite-wear-screenshot-3.png

How to use it:

Code:
    # Decompile apk

# Build apk

# Sign

Wearmodder-EN.jpg

What does WearModder do?

Prerequisites:

Code:

Code:

Code:

7. Enter the following commands to sign it. It will ask you for a new password and some other information.
      Code:
      keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
      jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-key.keystore apk_name/dist/apk_name.apk alias_name
    Wearmodder2.jpg

Considerations:

• Make sure you have the environment variable set for Java so that Java can be run from any folder, the same for Python if you are going to use the Python version of WearModder. Here is a guide to add the environment variable for python and here for Java.

• In step 3, 4, 6 and 7 replace in the command "apk_name" with the name of APK file to be modified.

• In step 7 replace "my-key" and "alias_name" with the name of the password and alias storage you want.

• If you have problems using WearModder in Java, you can use WearModder ported to Python. When I tested with Seven app (apk of the capture)), java version modified the APK but when I built the APK again something was wrong, with the Python version I modified and built with ApkTool the app perfectly.

• Do not run WearModder more than once on the same file that you have already altered.
    Update:
    1. Spotify - Music and Podcasts v8.5.68.904 for wearOS
    2. update NewPipe v0.19.8 for wearOS
    Download: https://mega.nz/file/ED4CBYTB#pRzmt7VmvOAfLr99D55PJ1UuDEpij5Z39dNEAzRszlQ
    3. MX-Player work together with above newpipe for wearOS
    Download: https://mega.nz/file/UChyXQhL#zJb6-mwRkKpq8kVRi7UD4uV_lNqufTRwtV9B-aYp-mA

4. New ( Support- karaoke feature ( lyrics ) in some country. https://9to5mac.com/2020/06/30/time-synched-lyrics/
    *******Corrected bug (fix: UI for watch, test: load speed, Shuffle, Canvas, Synced Lyrics, Storyline ) ---etc. Clean install required, what you have to do once the app is installed for the first time, is force close the app.
    https://mega.nz/file/IW5E1I5b#WV89Lbw5ryEtlyJ7CWdrxE8DxaskHsIqH52TE7fWZNc
    Lite https://mega.nz/file/ETQUya6S#VdVzBRkiF9SHXD9B8URpSLTC5CCbse-E3sHRPQPtP-g

Never Forgot to scan arch with VirusTotal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    5. satstat
    -App to test your GPS and network location (my Suunto 7 don't have Mobile network)
    -On map, blue circle is network fix and red circle is GPS fix.
    -https://f-droid.org/app/com.vonglasow.michael.satstat
    Download for wearOS https://mega.nz/file/4foFiJAJ#OdgqaI2i4fo9KPUtoBxrErWHUL9oJUbF7yWasMIMGvA