• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][MOD] Today Weather - Global daily weather forecast, customizable widgets, animated radar & warnings

Search This thread

thotran7989

Sep 27, 2013
todayweather.co
6mJUOF1.png

Today Weather is a beautiful & simple-to-use weather app that provides the world's most accurate local weather forecasts.

Features:
● Global weather data sources: Accuweather.com, Dark Sky, Weatherbit.io, OpenWeatherMap, Foreca.com, Here.com, etc.
● Separated data sources for each country: Weather.gov (U.S. National Weather Service), Weather.gc.ca (Canada's official weather source), Dwd.de (Germany's Meteorological Service), Aemet.es (The State Meteorological Agency of Spain), Meteofrance.com (METEO FRANCE SERVICES), Bom.gov.au (Australia's official weather forecasts), Smhi.se (Swedish Meteorological), Dmi.dk (Danish Meteorological Institute), Yr.no (The Norwegian Meteorological Institute), Met.ie (The Irish National Meteorological Service).
● Personalize your phone/tablet with the coolest and fully customizable widgets.
● Easy to view weather information anywhere in the world.
● Prepare for anything with 24/7 weather forecast and chance of rain.
● Protect your health with air quality, UV index and pollen count.
● Catch the beautiful moments of sunrise, sunset, full moon night with provided information.
● Alert severe weather: Alerts for Strong Wind, Heavy Rain, and Heavy Snow, and Thunderstorms through.
● Radar: A weather radar is used to locate precipitation, calculate its motion, estimate its type (rain, snow, hail, etc.), and forecast its future position and intensity.
● Rain, snow alarm: Alerts you when rain is approaching.
● Take and share photo with weather information for friend.
● Daily weather forecast notification.
● Other useful information: actual temperature, humidity, visibility, dew point, air pressure, wind speed and direction.

Thanks so much for trying Today Weather! Don't hesitate to shoot us a note at [email protected] if you have any questions.

More pictures of the app.

C6YjSfL.png

OV6Q2eP.png
PJDI9FF.png

0leDJqb.png

Download official:
DOWNLOAD WITH GOOGLE PLAY
DOWNLOAD WITH APPLE STORE

* Checkout my other app:
1Gallery: A Cool Photo Gallery App That Supports Hidden Pictures (ENCRYPTED) [PROMOTION CODES]
Calc - A new kind of Calculator [PROMOTION CODES]

Last edited:

thotran7989

Sep 27, 2013
todayweather.co
↑ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ↑
Like this mode? Keep us inspired by giving a 5-star rating! :D

Version 2.0.0 Build 1:
- Re-new all widgets with full customization. (Rounded corners, colors, etc.)
- Add PREVIEW WIDGET on the configuration screen.
- NEW WIDGETS: 4x2 (Daily chart), 3x2, 1x1 (Customizable information).
- Improve click on refresh, setting and alerts button.
- Categorize weather warnings, only show notifications for severe weather.
- Improve layouts for the tablet/foldable devices.
* If you have any issues with widget on this update, please try to reboot your device.

Last edited:

thotran7989

Sep 27, 2013
todayweather.co

mariospizza

Dec 22, 2009
Thank you very much, finally with Weather Underground support it has become the perfect app for my location!

Edit: I had some problems with the automatic location feature initially, but now it works perfectly, it was probably something on my end :)

Last edited:
Reactions: thotran7989

iwannarock

Sep 7, 2016
I like this weather app, but - there's a big commercial in it, so I can't see why it should be any different from the free version?

I'd buy this app if the price was reasonable, but paying a monthly fee for a weather app is pushing it, it's beautiful though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for you suggestion.
    If we add this feature, then we have to revise the logic of the application. The user will not know when it is saved or not.
    We will consider about this feature.
    I see your point. Nonetheless, the logic of the app could stay intact if there was just a new icon added to the city search bar:
    - If a user clicked on the existing plus icon (#2 on pic) the app would search for a location to add to the list, like it works now.
    - And if a user clicked on the magnifying glass icon (#1 on pic) the app would just search. And upon selection of a desired city the app would show the forecast for it. Still the user would be able to easily return to any desired location he saved previously to the list, or search/add for a new location.
    My point is that the plus sign is pretty self-explanatory as something to "add" compared to the magnifying glass which is widely understood as something to just "search", what do you think? :unsure:

city-search.jpg
    In this fantastic whether love to play GTA game with my friends.
    Hey @thotran7989 ! A beautiful piece of work with the latest widget changes and so, thanks! ;) (y)
    AND, as always, all the new translations for Czech are done and ready! ✏️:coffee:
    6mJUOF1.png

Today Weather is a beautiful & simple-to-use weather app that provides the world's most accurate local weather forecasts.

Features:
    ● Global weather data sources: Accuweather.com, Dark Sky, Weatherbit.io, OpenWeatherMap, Foreca.com, Here.com, etc.
    ● Separated data sources for each country: Weather.gov (U.S. National Weather Service), Weather.gc.ca (Canada's official weather source), Dwd.de (Germany's Meteorological Service), Aemet.es (The State Meteorological Agency of Spain), Meteofrance.com (METEO FRANCE SERVICES), Bom.gov.au (Australia's official weather forecasts), Smhi.se (Swedish Meteorological), Dmi.dk (Danish Meteorological Institute), Yr.no (The Norwegian Meteorological Institute), Met.ie (The Irish National Meteorological Service).
    ● Personalize your phone/tablet with the coolest and fully customizable widgets.
    ● Easy to view weather information anywhere in the world.
    ● Prepare for anything with 24/7 weather forecast and chance of rain.
    ● Protect your health with air quality, UV index and pollen count.
    ● Catch the beautiful moments of sunrise, sunset, full moon night with provided information.
    ● Alert severe weather: Alerts for Strong Wind, Heavy Rain, and Heavy Snow, and Thunderstorms through.
    ● Radar: A weather radar is used to locate precipitation, calculate its motion, estimate its type (rain, snow, hail, etc.), and forecast its future position and intensity.
    ● Rain, snow alarm: Alerts you when rain is approaching.
    ● Take and share photo with weather information for friend.
    ● Daily weather forecast notification.
    ● Other useful information: actual temperature, humidity, visibility, dew point, air pressure, wind speed and direction.

Thanks so much for trying Today Weather! Don't hesitate to shoot us a note at [email protected] if you have any questions.

More pictures of the app.

C6YjSfL.png

OV6Q2eP.png
    PJDI9FF.png

0leDJqb.png

Download official:
    DOWNLOAD WITH GOOGLE PLAY
    DOWNLOAD WITH APPLE STORE

* Checkout my other app:
    1Gallery: A Cool Photo Gallery App That Supports Hidden Pictures (ENCRYPTED) [PROMOTION CODES]
    Calc - A new kind of Calculator [PROMOTION CODES]
    ↑ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ↑
    Like this mode? Keep us inspired by giving a 5-star rating! :D

Version 2.0.0 Build 1:
    - Re-new all widgets with full customization. (Rounded corners, colors, etc.)
    - Add PREVIEW WIDGET on the configuration screen.
    - NEW WIDGETS: 4x2 (Daily chart), 3x2, 1x1 (Customizable information).
    - Improve click on refresh, setting and alerts button.
    - Categorize weather warnings, only show notifications for severe weather.
    - Improve layouts for the tablet/foldable devices.
    * If you have any issues with widget on this update, please try to reboot your device.
    Please can update this version to build 4?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4 XL mit Tapatalk

still present on latest update

i have the issue with WU too, it always reverts to accuweather

I've done some digging around today and found out via logcat that the app is running a webview in the background. I've force stopped the webview and the sensor usage stops until it relaunches it again. Usually relaunching the app will also stop using the sensors. So far this seems to be a problem with Android 9 as I didn't have this on Android 8.

Code:
    10-05 16:30:48.654 1121 1176 I ActivityManager: Start proc 27371:com.android.chrome:sandboxed_process0/u0i172 for webview_service mobi.lockdown.weather/org.chromium.content.app.SandboxedProcessService0
    I updated latest build, this build fixes this bug.
    Thank you :)
    Version: TodayWeather_1.4.3-7_XDA.151119_Build_223.apk
    - Notify when a new version is available.
    - New: Air quality maps.
    - Bug fixes and improvements.
    - Update language.
    Happy new year... :)