[CLOSED] [CLOSE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

spinikus

Mar 2, 2020
Hiya @thotran7989 !
Very nice addition to the widget BUT I strongly recommend reorganising its texts as seen on my pic. Just to put the umbrella rain probability to the lower icon set and the unshortened "feels like" on the same text baseline as max./min. temperatures. In fact it was like that before and now it's been changed...

Furthermore, problems from my post #761 still persist, anything we can do about it, pls?

Great work anyway, thanks! ;)

widget-organize.jpg

spinikus

Mar 2, 2020
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion.
Could please help me try with this version and give me a screenshot?
Hey, sure, here it is. Not many changes from the previous version I suppose but the current temperature beside the city name is a good approach ;) Still, I would prefer the umbrella icon down there in the line with other icons. Thanks a lot anyway, happy to help!
(As for those other suggestions from post #761, they're still there...)

widget-organize-v2.jpg

beerbaronstatic

Apr 10, 2008
Minor bug but I've noticed that if the notification temperature ends in a 5 the degree symbol is missing, happens on Android 11 using Today weather source as well as Android 12 Beta using weather.gov source. Both phones using Fahrenheit as well
Screenshot_20210815-201157.png

Last edited:

spinikus

Mar 2, 2020
Pop 46% is pop of the day, we can not put to your suggestion position. All item bellow display info for currently.
May I will remove umbrella icon.
I see your point. So the situation is that you decided to have only one rain number % on the widget for the whole day, right? It is true that now one can see the current probability for the rain in the new hourly pane down under... BUT, anyone who switches the hourly pane off cannot see the current rain probability at all. I remember that there was a current rain probability icon on the left in the icon line with humidity, UV, etc. Why did you remove it, I wonder?
Plus, I think that it could be a bit confusing when there is just some percentage for the rain without any umbrella or another rainy icon, know what I mean? Some people may ask on you screenshot that there is 74%... but it is 74% of what, in fact? I know it because I use TW for some time now but I would keep the umbrella icon for those reasons. (y)
(And please, those other suggestions from the post #761, any way to repair them or is it just my Android 6.0.1? :))

Last edited:
Reactions: rogerot

spinikus

Mar 2, 2020
A strange thing in the last version, @thotran7989 ... There is a rain probability difference between the TW app and the on-going notification pane (see pic). When the app shows no rain whatsoever, the on-going notification pane shows blue rain percentage numbers. And no matter what weather source I choose in the app, it's always the same... :unsure:

EDIT for @thotran7989 :
AND... when I press the round actualisation icon in the upper right corner of the on-going info pane, it still won't synchronise with the info inside the TW app. I've tested it for some days now and those blue rain numbers are still not synchronised with the app: sometimes partially, sometimes not at all. Yes it has occurred to me that there were synchronised. The question is how to make the on-going pane absolutely up-to-date about the rain? ☔ Because this pane is the one people consult when checking quickly for the weather and it can be a bit confusing seeing 60-70% rain probability for next hours when there is the sun shining on a clear sky outside... 🌂;) Also, if I see a dubious weather info in the on-going pane then I open the actual app to be sure and I suppose this is not what was intended with the hourly on-going info pane, so:
If the on-going pane was accurate I would not need to open the actual app for quick weather checks over the day. And that is a concept I do like, personally. Cheers! (y)

hourly-difference.jpg

Another update for @thotran7989 :
Full sun (the app says this is true) with a strong possibility of rain coming (the app says this is not true). And if I look outside the window then the app is right... ;)
AND another suggestion: what if the overall rain possibility number for the day was also in blue? See pic...

sun-rain.jpg

Last edited:

PLMTS

Aug 25, 2021
Hey, @thotran7989, what actually is a weather source described as Here.com? It isn't HERE, it looks almost like weather.com. Do you plan to switch it to the actual HERE Weather?

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
@thotran7989
Hi, developer, I was beta tester from first days and premium app subscriber also from start.
App is still my first choice for weather but I must complain about new ui 1.6- it is too wide.
I have apk for 1. 51, I install it, all works good and same as in past but it goes in autoupdate although I switched it off in play store...
Please, give me solution to stay on 151
Thanks

emgrs

Jun 23, 2012
Hello @thotran7989 the last update with the widgets is great. Some observations in my poco. The weather icons when you increase the font size is not big enough. Also i would like to have the ability to add more weather info in the widgets like AQI , humidity etc. Many thanks

spinikus

Mar 2, 2020
Thanks for your support 🥰
It has been a pleasure! ;)

One small suggestion: When you search a forecast for a new city, this city is then automatically added permanently to your list of cities under the "hamburger button". Please, would it be possible to let the user just search for a new location forecast without saving it permanently to the cities list? Maybe add a small search bar or a spying glass button between the back arrow and the PLUS sign in the cities list header. 🔍
(E.g., in my list of cities I keep some of them permanently, which is very good, but I would like to be able to just quickly search for other locations without saving them to the list. If not the list is easily overpopulated with city entries...)

Reactions: thotran7989

PLMTS

Aug 25, 2021
Hey, @thotran7989, there's a missing icon for Heavy drizzle (Weatherbit) and also I've faced a N/A for Xiaomi Data (see screenshots)
P. S. All the Polish translations are ready for use. I've also corrected the wind direction descriptions some time ago - directions like "WNW" were translated wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210917_204302_mobi.lockdown.weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20210917_204302_mobi.lockdown.weather.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20210917_204041_mobi.lockdown.weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20210917_204041_mobi.lockdown.weather.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: thotran7989

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
@thotran7989
Thanks for efforts and hard work on updating and upgrading. I will 100 percent renew subscription However, I still prefer ui od 1.5 version.
Can your please send me here latest 1.5.x apk? And another question, is 2.0 app only for android 11? I have huawei un android 10 and its play store not sees 2.0?
Thanks a lot

Last edited:

spinikus

Mar 2, 2020
Thanks for you suggestion.
If we add this feature, then we have to revise the logic of the application. The user will not know when it is saved or not.
We will consider about this feature.
I see your point. Nonetheless, the logic of the app could stay intact if there was just a new icon added to the city search bar:
- If a user clicked on the existing plus icon (#2 on pic) the app would search for a location to add to the list, like it works now.
- And if a user clicked on the magnifying glass icon (#1 on pic) the app would just search. And upon selection of a desired city the app would show the forecast for it. Still the user would be able to easily return to any desired location he saved previously to the list, or search/add for a new location.
My point is that the plus sign is pretty self-explanatory as something to "add" compared to the magnifying glass which is widely understood as something to just "search", what do you think? :unsure:

city-search.jpg

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
@thotran7989
I have upgraded note 20 ultra without problem to 2.0, and also tab s5e. Both android 11. However, I prefer old ui.
My Huawei mate 20 x 5g is on android 10, and not seeing update to 2.0, only 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6mJUOF1.png

Today Weather is a beautiful & simple-to-use weather app that provides the world's most accurate local weather forecasts.

Features:
    ● Global weather data sources: Accuweather.com, Dark Sky, Weatherbit.io, OpenWeatherMap, Foreca.com, Here.com, etc.
    ● Separated data sources for each country: Weather.gov (U.S. National Weather Service), Weather.gc.ca (Canada's official weather source), Dwd.de (Germany's Meteorological Service), Aemet.es (The State Meteorological Agency of Spain), Meteofrance.com (METEO FRANCE SERVICES), Bom.gov.au (Australia's official weather forecasts), Smhi.se (Swedish Meteorological), Dmi.dk (Danish Meteorological Institute), Yr.no (The Norwegian Meteorological Institute), Met.ie (The Irish National Meteorological Service).
    ● Personalize your phone/tablet with the coolest and fully customizable widgets.
    ● Easy to view weather information anywhere in the world.
    ● Prepare for anything with 24/7 weather forecast and chance of rain.
    ● Protect your health with air quality, UV index and pollen count.
    ● Catch the beautiful moments of sunrise, sunset, full moon night with provided information.
    ● Alert severe weather: Alerts for Strong Wind, Heavy Rain, and Heavy Snow, and Thunderstorms through.
    ● Radar: A weather radar is used to locate precipitation, calculate its motion, estimate its type (rain, snow, hail, etc.), and forecast its future position and intensity.
    ● Rain, snow alarm: Alerts you when rain is approaching.
    ● Take and share photo with weather information for friend.
    ● Daily weather forecast notification.
    ● Other useful information: actual temperature, humidity, visibility, dew point, air pressure, wind speed and direction.

Thanks so much for trying Today Weather! Don't hesitate to shoot us a note at todayweather.co@gmail.com if you have any questions.

More pictures of the app.

C6YjSfL.png

OV6Q2eP.png
    PJDI9FF.png

0leDJqb.png

Download official:
    DOWNLOAD WITH GOOGLE PLAY
    DOWNLOAD WITH APPLE STORE

* Checkout my other app:
    1Gallery: A Cool Photo Gallery App That Supports Hidden Pictures (ENCRYPTED) [PROMOTION CODES]
    Calc - A new kind of Calculator [PROMOTION CODES]
    great but more widgets are appreciated ^^
    That is true and also more weather icons and the ability to customize widgets. :good::good::good:
    This app is beautiful :):)

Fast, dark mode wonderful and so customizabile.

In my opinion, if you add support for icon themes o add more icon theme (like real weather and so on, more realistic icons) will be perfect!;)
    You are king
    Weather underground also decent

Already rated 5star
    S
    sirTAVARES
    great but more widgets are appreciated ^^