forum.paranoid.me

wirtzpeitz

Nov 23, 2009
Code:
echo enable > /proc/touchcontrol/controller
Code:
echo disable > /proc/touchcontrol/controller
Works, thanks.

Unfortunately, neither the app nor the widget reflect changes to TC using the shell commands. (App does after closing and opening it again.)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dunjamon

Nov 15, 2010
Manchester
I've noticed a weird issue since the last update. When I wake the screen it flashes on and then sleeps again. Seems to happen with swipe and double tap. If I swipe and hold my finger to the screen for a bit then it seems to be OK. Nothing major, just wanted to see if anyone else has had this.

bponury

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 29, 2010
Sydney
forum.paranoid.me
TERMINATION NOTICE

So after quite some time, this project is not being able to sustain itself (I'm spending more than earning - thanks to all people using cracked version). Also a lot of people started commenting on how bad this app is and that I should do this or that instead.

Because of all that and a bit more I decided to end this project. Prices are now cut by 50% for anyone willing to get paid version while it's still there.

Timeline:

- 31.05.2014 - application removed from play store
- 30.06.2014 - modules removed from my server (module download will fail) - backup the app on your own if you need

F.A.Q:
  • will you release sources?
    - No, I opened my sources for the version for Evo 3D and a lot of people stole the code without even saying thanks to me. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice.
  • are you considering selling the app sources?
    - Yes, if the price is good enough and no $500 is not good enough.
  • whyyyy???
    - Few reasons 1) money 2) people who complained every time 3) time spent on the app that I could use to do different things
  • will you do more awesome stuff in the future?
    - Probably... I'm not thinking about this yet.
  • can you just do one more update to do X?
    - No.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ludorexmundi

May 1, 2012
TERMINATION NOTICE

So after quite some time, this project is not being able to sustain itself (I'm spending more than earning - thanks to all people using cracked version). Also a lot of people started commenting on how bad this app is and that I should do this or that instead.

Because of all that and a bit more I decided to end this project. Prices are now cut by 50% for anyone willing to get paid version while it's still there.

Timeline:

- 30.06.2014 - modules removed from my server (module download will fail) - backup the app on your own if you need

F.A.Q:
    - No, I opened my sources for the version for Evo 3D and a lot of people stole the code without even saying thanks to me. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice.
  • whyyyy???
    - Few reasons 1) money 2) people who complained every time 3) time spent on the app that I could use to do different things
    - No.

???

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

RoyJ

Apr 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Moto 360 2015
[emoji46][emoji22][emoji24][emoji36]

Thanks to all the useless idiots pirating the paid app. I wonder if any of them are in this thread seeking support. Man this is so weak...

Thanks for your contributions... Take care..

tekmekster

Feb 25, 2009
Bonn
The main reason to buy an app instead of download cracked is to get updates from playstore. Why would someone buy dead app even at half price.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

bponury

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 29, 2010
Sydney
forum.paranoid.me
The main reason to buy an app instead of download cracked is to get updates from playstore. Why would someone buy dead app even at half price.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Yeah, well, that's just, like your own opinion, man. People also buy apps for at least two more reasons:
  1. to support the dev and say thanks for good work
  2. because cracked apps can be super easily manipulated to do harmful stuff like steal passwords, keystrokes and take pictures - rooted apps don't need any permissions to do so :)

Also I don't care.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Yeah, well, that's just, like your own opinion, man. People also buy apps for at least two more reasons:
  1. to support the dev and say thanks for good work
  2. because cracked apps can be super easily manipulated to do harmful stuff like steal passwords, keystrokes and take pictures - rooted apps don't need any permissions to do so :)

Also I don't care.

blatant honesty.. i like that. good luck with whatever future projects that you start on. i dont use your app(or the mod), but have been around helping people with it from the very beginnings of it(way before the nexus 5). much respect to you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: farmerbb

J.S.C

Aug 11, 2012
TERMINATION NOTICE

Timeline:

F.A.Q:
  • whyyyy???
    - No.

This is such bad news, I'm gutted :( why would someone not pay for an app if they enjoy it?

Sure use a cracked version for a week just to check but if you like it then pay!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Valholy

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
I was holding off to write anything in this thread for a long time, but seeing some of you guys getting upset because of this project is sickening.

First of all, this project has had it's bugs since the early days (on previous devices too, not just N5), and it was never going to work properly. I'm sure the majority of those who paid for it are not using it.

Secondly, the " developer" of this app has been acting very rudely towards his "customers", you can read his posts here or on G+ and you will see how disrespectful he can be towards people who actually invested in his project.

Thirdly, this "developer" kicked a lot of people out of the beta project on G+ because "they were not active". If someone paid for the app, imho, they have the right to be part of the beta project, and be able to download the latest apk.

Fourthly, he's not willing to open source the app not because of the reasons he stated (not getting recognition in the past). We all know why.

Fifthly, if i were developing something that eventually didn't end up in a working state, i would offer refunds to people who are asking for it. Not because of the value of the money, but because of principles, if i'm not capable of delivering what i was paid for, then i didn't deserve that money.

To be honest, i bought this app since the nexus 4 days, used it for a couple of days, couldn't get along with battery drain it causes, and just stopped using it. Never asked for refunds, or stated my dissatisfaction with the app. I was also one of the people who did NOT get kicked out of the beta G+ group, even though i never wrote a single post there.

I guess i'm posting this because i want some people to realize that it's for the best that this project dies. I presonally, will not be supporting any future projects by this "developer", mainly because of his childish and unprofessional behaviour. Good luck to him. It's time for this thread to get closed and let it die, just like this project did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **** ROOT NEEDED ****

I proudly announce - TouchControl V2

tc_v2_doge.jpg

________________ DESCRIPTION
    To all who don't know this yet, this is a kernel module with a control application which allows you to perform some gestures that will in turn will execute some action (like simulating power key press or turning volume up).

List of configurable gestures:
    • slide - move finger (or fingers) on the screen in some way
    • pinch - pinch screen with two or more fingers
    • tap - tap the screen with one or more fingers in some place of the screen (or any place)

List of configurable actions:
    • press POWER
    • press VOLUME UP
    • press VOLUME DOWN
    • increase BRIGHTNESS
    • decrease BRIGHTNESS
    • play NEXT SONG
    • play PREVIOUS SONG
    • press HOME BUTTON
    • press BACK BUTTON

________________ SCREENSHOTS
    screenshot-0.png
    screenshot-1.png

screenshot-2.png
    screenshot-3.png

________________ FAQ
    1. will it work on kernel X
      It is made to work on stock kernel. It might work on kernels which are close to stock. I will however try to find a way to make it as compatible as possible. I'm going to assume that you can safely try this mod on your kernel (but don't enable set-on-boot) worst case scenario is a reboot.

2. does this consume battery
      Short answer - Maybe.
      Long answer - this might bring some drain, some users report quite a big battery drain some not, I will address this issue in some time. Check yourself how much an issue it is for you. Also this change from device to device so there is no short answer (look up)

3. will it break my touchscreen
      Short answer - No
      Long answer - Digitizer is not mechanical so it shouldn't break. The same mod works for more then 2 years on my Galaxy Nexus and it never lost a bit of it's responsiveness

4. why do I have to pay
      Why did you pay for your phone? You did save a few bucks on the phone which was cheap. Now is your chance to make those savings worthy ;)

5. if I want to marry you where can I find you?
      Oh... this question meant to go somewhere else ;P And I'm taken.

________________ DOWNLOADS
    FREE: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.paranoid.touchcontrolfree

PRO-TURBO: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.paranoid.touchcontrol

________________ DISCLAIMER

THIS IS HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL AND ALWAYS BE - PLEASE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

________________ HOW TO UPDATE
    1. Uninstall the app
    2. Reboot device
    3. Install fresh from play store

XDA:DevDB Information
    TouchControl, a Tool/Utility for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    bponury

Version Information

Created 2013-11-22
    Last Updated 2014-03-22
    Just to keep you guys in the the loop - the only thing as of now that's holding me back from releasing the TCv2.0 is the problem with in-call touches in Nexus5 (other devices are unaffected by this but I want to roll out for every device).
    I was holding off to write anything in this thread for a long time, but seeing some of you guys getting upset because of this project is sickening.

First of all, this project has had it's bugs since the early days (on previous devices too, not just N5), and it was never going to work properly. I'm sure the majority of those who paid for it are not using it.

Secondly, the " developer" of this app has been acting very rudely towards his "customers", you can read his posts here or on G+ and you will see how disrespectful he can be towards people who actually invested in his project.

Thirdly, this "developer" kicked a lot of people out of the beta project on G+ because "they were not active". If someone paid for the app, imho, they have the right to be part of the beta project, and be able to download the latest apk.

Fourthly, he's not willing to open source the app not because of the reasons he stated (not getting recognition in the past). We all know why.

Fifthly, if i were developing something that eventually didn't end up in a working state, i would offer refunds to people who are asking for it. Not because of the value of the money, but because of principles, if i'm not capable of delivering what i was paid for, then i didn't deserve that money.

To be honest, i bought this app since the nexus 4 days, used it for a couple of days, couldn't get along with battery drain it causes, and just stopped using it. Never asked for refunds, or stated my dissatisfaction with the app. I was also one of the people who did NOT get kicked out of the beta G+ group, even though i never wrote a single post there.

I guess i'm posting this because i want some people to realize that it's for the best that this project dies. I presonally, will not be supporting any future projects by this "developer", mainly because of his childish and unprofessional behaviour. Good luck to him. It's time for this thread to get closed and let it die, just like this project did.

I proudly announce - TouchControl V2

tc_v2_doge.jpg

PLEASE READ OP FOR MORE INFO

PAID VERSION ONLY (FOR NOW)

screenshot-0.png
    screenshot-1.png
    Reserved

REALTIME MODULE REQUESTS STATS PER KERNEL ____________
    Quick info about stats - it shows how much requests I'm getting for each kernel. So even if there is no module for that kernel it will be accounted as request. Also only one request per user per day is accounted. These stats are from last 7 days.

Per-Device stats

Nexus 5
    Nexus 5

Long story:
    When you press download at the module loader prompt I am actually getting info about your kernel. This is added to the stats if haven't requested during last 24 hours.