• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][MOD] WhatsApp Holo v3[03.02.13]

Search This thread

andreas__

Sep 18, 2011
GT-i9250
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-23-15-31-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-23-15-31-25.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 3,644
  • Screenshot_2013-01-23-15-32-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-23-15-32-03.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 4,531
  • Screenshot_2013-01-23-15-32-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-23-15-32-20.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 3,077
  • Screenshot_2013-01-23-15-37-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-23-15-37-18.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,903
  • gingergread.png
    gingergread.png
    30 KB · Views: 1,795
Last edited:

shizzel

Jun 21, 2010
Good to see you made your own thread, really nice! Love the holo look. I'm with feedback ^^

1. Since you got rid of the textbox (when messaging), maybe you could get it an holo-like background (so you can see what you're writing on different backgrounds). See attachment

2. Replace the "Send" button for the arrows also attached

Hope you can do something with this. Good luck!

BTW. I changed the devider (better alignment) and topbar background (match holo standards better). Throw them in whenever you update :good:

Attachments

• Naamloos.png
    Naamloos.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,994
  • send_normal.png
    send_normal.png
    651 bytes · Views: 7,487
  • send_pressed.png
    send_pressed.png
    671 bytes · Views: 7,478
  • res.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 115

andreas__

Sep 18, 2011
GT-i9250
I know there is a new version and I'm planning to update.. But firstly, today I'm sick .. And secondly I have to write a big homework for school taking lots of free time.
Stay tuned, it will definitely come but as always: there's no eta ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

okay forget what i said :D
here's a little update :silly:

download: http://d-h.st/lTo

v3 changelog

- whatsapp version 2.9.1587 (newest testversion from official whatsapp.com)

- zipaligned -> less RAM usage :fingers-crossed: (if ROM doesn't zipalign .apk's itself on boot)
- added new actionbar png's (thanks again shizzel)

Nice mod! I'm a gingerbread user, and there's a status bar above the app where it never was.
Is it possible to remove it?
- @alpha22 on my old gingerbread phone there's no "whatsapp" title bar (aosp 2.3.7) with new version. See attachment

Attachments

• gingergread.png
    gingergread.png
    30 KB · Views: 480
Reactions: UnitedOceanic

karanrajpal14

Feb 4, 2011
Bangalore
The text in the text box where you type the message is white. Makes it impossible to read. Could you please make it black? Only complaint I have. Other than that everything is awesome! Great job! :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ThirdEye_01

Nov 6, 2012
Looks nice, but it'd look better if instead of having those Whatsapp bubbles it looked like Gtalk or G+Messenger, with thin lines separating messages.

andreas__

Sep 18, 2011
GT-i9250
The text in the text box where you type the message is white. Makes it impossible to read. Could you please make it black? Only complaint I have. Other than that everything is awesome! Great job! :D

thank you and I already have it on my list :p for now you may use a dark background :)

Looks nice, but it'd look better if instead of having those Whatsapp bubbles it looked like Gtalk or G+Messenger, with thin lines separating messages.

uhm thats possibly too hard .. but anyways added to the request list :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEWS:
    Whatsapp is now officially holo themed! get it from the
    official whatsapp website
    or from XDA
    Good to see you made your own thread, really nice! Love the holo look. I'm with feedback ^^

1. Since you got rid of the textbox (when messaging), maybe you could get it an holo-like background (so you can see what you're writing on different backgrounds). See attachment

2. Replace the "Send" button for the arrows also attached

Hope you can do something with this. Good luck!

BTW. I changed the devider (better alignment) and topbar background (match holo standards better). Throw them in whenever you update :good:
    awesome !!! It seems now that the development of this mod is hardware-accelerated :D

P/S: could you please consider change background color of "No wallpaper" to black :D? It will be better matched holo theme :D. And you could also change "Default wallpaper" :D. I'm still looking forward to see smooth emoji menu :D.
    AW: [APP][MOD] WhatsApp Holo v3[03.02.13]

i guess its cool for us GB ROM user, :)

oh yeah i have a request.
    1. can you change "checklist" image to become D & R, which one checklist become D (Delivered) and double-checklist become R (Read)
    2. and bubble color, made it square like getting sms on jelly bean thanks :)

im understand if you not everytime can fullfill this req, cause you have a life too

Sent from my GT-S5830

Eh you mean e.g blue ticks? Yeah will add that.
    And about the bubbles: many want them to be changed, I'll try to change them: thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

thank you and I already have it on my list :p for now you may use a dark background :)

uhm thats possibly too hard .. but anyways added to the request list :good: