• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP] Modded Ziggo TV [Dutch]

Search This thread

PsychoGame

May 18, 2012
Koudum
Hello everyone,

I've modded the Ziggo TV app to disable the root checker.
There have been some workarounds such as hiding root in the SuperSU app etc., only this doesn't work with custom firmware like the newest CM10.1 and 10.2.
By disabling the root checker in this APK it's now possible to use it on all modified firmware.
This way everybody who is using a custom rom is now able to watch Ziggo TV when they have a Ziggo tv/internet abbonnement.
The file version is 3.11 so it's the latest available update from Ziggo.
At the moment I've tested it at a GT-I9001 phone, but i'm pretty sure it will work for other phones as well.
My advice for those people is just test it and report back please.
If problems occur I'll try tot fix those for you. Also when screenshots are wanted i'll be happy to post them for you.
The download link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqsc14m3uvjla25/Ziggo%20TV.apk

If somebody is interested in the steps I took to modify the app, just let me know and I'll make a tutorial.

Greetings PsychoGame

Last edited:

elroy944

Oct 8, 2007
Hello everyone,

There have been some workarounds such as hiding root in the SuperSU app etc., only this doesn't work with custom firmware like the newest CM10.1 and 10.2.
By disabling the root checker in this APK it's now possible to use it on all modified firmware.
This way everybody who is using a custom rom is now able to watch Ziggo TV when they have a Ziggo tv/internet abbonnement.
At the moment I've tested it at a GT-I9001 phone, but i'm pretty sure it will work for other phones as well.
If problems occur I'll try tot fix those for you. Also when screenshots are wanted i'll be happy to post them for you.
The download link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqsc14m3uvjla25/Ziggo%20TV.apk

If somebody is interested in the steps I took to modify the app, just let me know and I'll make a tutorial.

Greetings PsychoGame

thanks pall, any way to disable the ziggo network restriction? so that it can be used on 3g or ziggo hotspot?

tested on: note 2 n7100 and note 10.1 n8000, both working great

Last edited:

PsychoGame

May 18, 2012
Koudum
thanks pall, any way to disable the ziggo network restriction? so that it can be used on 3g or ziggo hotspot?

tested on: note 2 n7100 and note 10.1 n8000, both working great

I can always look into this, but I can't promise anything.
At the moment I don't know how the app verifies this, if the check is server side it will be difficult to get around.

Greetings PsychoGame

Reactions: elroy944

chipsjesjeng

Feb 9, 2008
Roermond
Hello everyone,

Greetings PsychoGame

Muchos Gracias :good:

N!co

Oct 18, 2005
The original app does not work on the Galaxy Mega. It gives the message that the rom is not original or rooted, while it is not.
I was hoping this modded version was a solution. Unfortunately not.
Any chance we can get this working on a Galaxy Mega?

How did you mod this apk? I decompiled it but have no clue where to look....

wiebeww

Sep 27, 2006
Trying the app on Sony NSZ-GS7

I'm trying to start the app on a Google TV, the Sony NSZ-GS7.

The error that I get is in Dutch:
"
Helaas!

De app Ziggo TV (proces nl.ziggo.android.tv) is onverwachts gestopt.
Probeer het opnieuw.
"

(the app stopped unexpectedly)

Does someone know what I can do to make it work?

Thank you very much!

Psybi

Aug 30, 2010
Hello everyone,

Greetings PsychoGame

Hello,
I would love to know how you modified the app so i can update it to the newest version.

Thanks,
~Psybi

allegro16

Feb 12, 2006
Hello everyone,

Greetings PsychoGame

Thanks,

This didn't work for my MStar GoogleTV based projector. Tried the rooted and unrooted firmware of the system, both failed to play live TV.
Expected this one to work, but it failed as well. Are there any other checks that could be removed? (Just remove ALL checks)

I would like more info on how to modify any updates myself.

Thanks,

Allegro16

Last edited:

devnullius

Dec 23, 2012
Thx!

Tested today on my rooted stock firmware galaxy s3 i9300, and it worked - as only one :)

So yeah, thank you!

And everybody loves to read about how to patch apps... I guess ; -)

Oh, according to http://www.appbrain.com/app/ziggo-tv/nl.ziggo.android.tv#descriptionsection , version Ziggo TV 3.2 is out too?

... Peace!

Devvie

~~~ [email protected] ~~~

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare
——
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License! – (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-013 by DevNullius)

allegro16

Feb 12, 2006
Didn't work in the end..

Hi,

I was expecting the modded version to work on my Android projector, because it ran fine on all my other devices (both rooted and unrooted)

Any other checks that could/should be removed?

Thanks,

Allegro16.

P.S: Working great on a rooted HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S3, etc. But not on this..

EDIT: Ziggo just got back to me, if it's not already supported i'm out of luck. They only support the big brands, HTC, Samsung, etc. No small Android boxes will be officially supported, only: "Helaas is de Ziggo TV App alleen beschikbaar voor iPad, iPad mini, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Iphone 4s, iPhone 5, iPod Touch, Android smartphones en tablets. Op andere apparaten zal het dan ook niet werken. Excuses voor de teleurstelling."

"Unfortunately the Ziggo TV App is only available for iPad, iPad mini, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Iphone 4s, iPhone 5, iPod Touch, Android smartphones and tablets. As such, it will not work on other devices. Sorry for the dissapointment."

I already tried renaming the device in the app itself to no avail.. Is there any way the OP could mod the app further? So it doesn't check which device it runs of?
Especially if you could tell us how it's done. Then i'm sure a working version could always be updated..

A quick compare (unpacking the Apk's as zip) showed the modded version is larger as the Original, especially classes.dex that lists"rooted_device_found_message !rooted_device_found_message_title"
Is that the difference? How to mod to work on all devices?

Last edited:

allegro16

Feb 12, 2006
PsychoGame:

Any news or updates? I finally magaged to mod a version that installed, but it failed to show live TV as well..
Which file/part of the APK did you mod and with which tools? Tried replacing the Galaxy S3/GalaxyS3 references in classes.dex with MStar Google TV/MStarGoogleTV, but while it installed, no luck..

Any news/hints are appreciated!

Allegro16

adewilt

Aug 11, 2009
Amsterdam
Hello everyone,

Greetings PsychoGame

Thanks, works great on i9195 on CM11 (4.4.1)

djind

Jul 9, 2008
This app works great! I have sent a message to the dev asking if he will update the app, but no response..

Does anyone have an idea how to remove the root check in apps? I have searched and searched, but alas..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

Greetings PsychoGame
    Any update to report?

Would be very glad with a working Ziggo version 5.0.21 with rootcheck disabled. The V3 does not work on lollipop :(
    I have some more time in the upcoming week (carnavalsvakantie), I hope to figure out the missing pieces...

Sent from my phone, please forgive any tpyos.
    Ziggo released a new update. Any possibilities to decompile it so it can work with root?

Xposed module Rootcloack doesn't work anymore.

I haven't received the new update yet, but I will look at it once I finished other projects and got some time :good:
    That would be great! the old version works (v3.2.2) great on rooted devices, somehow the new version does not play nice with a rooted device (Note3 with Xposed rootcloak/S3 with Neatrom/TF300T rooted stock).
    apk file is here: MEGA

It would be really great if the new version would work again on rooted devices, i had to revert back to 3.2.2 version too in order to get it to work again. I will keep an eye on this thread. Thanks in advance for all your efforts on this app. (btw, i already complained with ziggo that the app is no longer working after the update, i need this app because of a son with Autism, Ziggo didn't seem to care :( )

Just re-install previous version. Still works on my rooted S3 with Blekota 4.4.4.

I already did some digging in the APK. (warning: tech talk) The messed up thing is that the root detection happens in a native library in the app, instead of the java. I know where they detect it (liblifevibes_player_arm11.so and liblifevibes_player_arm8.so), but not yet how. I hope to find out a way to decompile those libraries to a higher level language so they are readable instead of assembly.
    I've read an old blogpost once that explained how to change the Ziggo app. The app searches for the su binary so the writer simply unpacked the apk and used a hex editor to replace the hex equivalent of the location of the su binary to something non-existant like /usr/bin/foo. After the modification, re-pack and self-sign the package.

Most important part, don't forget to share :D

it looks like the new app doesn't have the same su checker string in the liblifevibes_player_arm.so files as the previous version, I guess they have modified the root check method, I'll have to take a further look at it