[APP] Modified DSP Manager

Search This thread

Vanhoud

Dec 18, 2010
Even on my gnex DSP manager had no effect on audio other than Google music. Its easy to figure out because when I play Pandora in my car and set the bass to maximum there is no change.same goes for treble

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

DeepEmbrace

Jan 13, 2011
London
Gave it a shot and yeh.... on 4.2.1 the bass boost does not work. And does not effect poweramp :(

Hope there is a way to get it working cause i loved DSP manager :)

jarjar124

Apr 28, 2012
Brooklyn
Gave it a shot and yeh.... on 4.2.1 the bass boost does not work. And does not effect poweramp :(

Hope there is a way to get it working cause i loved DSP manager :)

Did you turn off direct music control or whatever it's called in poweramps settings? And did you pick awesome beats in settings of music effects

DeepEmbrace

Jan 13, 2011
London
Did you turn off direct music control or whatever it's called in poweramps settings? And did you pick awesome beats in settings of music effects

Yep, just done it now. All turned off in PA. Checked if it worked in Google Music and it works, apart from bass boost. (Unless someone has an ironic understanding of EXTREME bass :p)

EQ, Compression and Virtual Room work really well :D

Guess just gotta wait for the Poweramp team to get compatibility with this stuff :)

Thanks Noobdeagle ;) and thanks jarjar for the suggestion :)

mrallen81

Jun 26, 2012
Leicester
NOTE
I take no credit for the Creation of DSP manager or the Awesome beats modifications by team inferno

Awesome Beats V3 modified DSP manager for nexus 4

Since getting my nexus 4 the only thing i had wanted was DSP manager after ALOT of searching i discovered that the modified DSP manger 'Awesome beats v3" by team inferno works on android 4.2
HOWEVER it had a major flaw in that it broke the default Music FX; this was not ideal.

ALL i have done is modified the flashable .zip so that it will no longer break AOSP MusicFX that came with the Nexus 4.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- ensure that your phone is unlocked and Clockwork Recovery is installed
- download the .zip
- flash with clockwork
- ensure Awesome beats is selected in settings -> sound -> Music Effects
- Enjoy more tweaks for your music

DOWNLOAD - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9aEzF78M46ZcGZZR29hMjFzXzA

Credits:
- Team Inferno
- Cyanogen Mod Team

Download link not working buddy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

vid200

Oct 14, 2006
Ljubljana
www.newscrypto.io
HI all,

I have been searching a lot, rooted my device, unlocked it, installed super.su and busy box, but how the hell do I get in to the recowery mode?

I know how this was done a year ago on my sgs2, but now this days, I am back on android and so much has changed. Help needed please.

Naimand

May 2, 2009
Garland
HI all,

I have been searching a lot, rooted my device, unlocked it, installed super.su and busy box, but how the hell do I get in to the recowery mode?

I know how this was done a year ago on my sgs2, but now this days, I am back on android and so much has changed. Help needed please.

Power off the phone and hold power and the volume down button simultaneously. You will then be in fastboot mode and you press the volume up or down keys until you see "recovery "mode" on the screen, then push the power button to enter recovery mode.

Or if you have adb on your computer type "adb reboot recovery".

Or download an app that will do it for you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

vid200

Oct 14, 2006
Ljubljana
www.newscrypto.io
Power off the phone and hold power and the volume down button simultaneously. You will then be in fastboot mode and you press the volume up or down keys until you see "recovery "mode" on the screen, then push the power button to enter recovery mode.

Or if you have adb on your computer type "adb reboot recovery".

Or download an app that will do it for you.

When I try this, I get android icon with red triangle.

desynch-

Apr 1, 2012
Davis, CA
Another way to enter recovery is through terminal emulator, provided you have root.

What I do is -

su > reboot recovery

There is also an app on the play store that's called "quick boot" that does the same thing, but you don't have to type it.

headcleaner

Sep 14, 2010
Stockholm
I'm runnig stock JB 4.2.1, unlocked and rooted. Flashed and everything works great, except for MusicFX force closing whenever I open the audio effects dialog from settings>sound effects. But it doesn't seem to matter anyways since I can choose MusicFX in the dialog if I want to and it works. I guess it restarts right away. I don't see why I would use MusicFX however, since this works so good.

EQ, bass boost and so on, it all works. I haven't tried it in a whole lot of apps yet but the changes seem to be system-wide. At least it does affect sound in stock music player, in Spotify and also ring and notification tones.

k_nivesout

Mar 27, 2011
+1
What would be perfect IMO is just a simple mod - a zip with DSP manager and just the libs/other files necessary for it to function, and a revert zip. Looks like the first part is already done, with the small side effect of music FX fc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Humpie

Recognized Developer
Dec 23, 2010
jolanrensen.nl
Doesn't seem to do anything... Just flashed it and enabled beats... Whatever I press, nothing changes (using Google play music) what am I doing wrong?
O, and beats fc's all the time

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE
    I take no credit for the Creation of DSP manager or the Awesome beats modifications by team inferno

Awesome Beats V3 modified DSP manager for nexus 4

Since getting my nexus 4 the only thing i had wanted was DSP manager after ALOT of searching i discovered that the modified DSP manger 'Awesome beats v3" by team inferno works on android 4.2
    HOWEVER it had a major flaw in that it broke the default Music FX; this was not ideal.

ALL i have done is modified the flashable .zip so that it will no longer break AOSP MusicFX that came with the Nexus 4.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    - ensure that your phone is unlocked and Clockwork Recovery is installed
    - download the .zip
    - flash with clockwork
    - ensure Awesome beats is selected in settings -> sound -> Music Effects
    - Enjoy more tweaks for your music

DOWNLOAD - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9aEzF78M46ZcGZZR29hMjFzXzA

Credits:
    - Team Inferno
    - Cyanogen Mod Team
    This works on stock 4.2 right with root and custom recovery of course?

yes, its for stock Roms, Cyanogen and AOKP and others all have DSP manager already. i dont want to use a custom rom so this is the best options for me
    I've just added this app to the Nexus 4 Complete Index :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    Theirs a v.4 for 4.2.1 JB Update.
    First, thank you for this mod,
    The only problem with it is that it will not work on any music source - for example TuneIn radio. What I found that if you install this mod,
    then take the file I attach and put it into system\app, delete the original awesomebeats file in the same directory and restart you will get DSP Manager work on any datasource. I got this file from one of the versions of the JellyBam rom.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone