• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] #mono_ FlipFont + Custom TTF Installer v2.1 for Samsung OneUI 1/2/3 [NO-ROOT]

Search This thread

ongxa

Oct 22, 2012
Yes I swear I've tried over 20 times to set a custom ttf font. With mono and with zfont. I've tried all different ways to get this to work. But I think like @sathishtony said since Samsung cloud resets to default font I can never get this to work on Android 11 with my s20. I'm so bummed because I can't even use a custom font with my launcher (Total Launcher) anymore because of the Android 11 update. I wish I could go back to Android 10 when everything worked. Well at least some ppl are able to take advantage of this awesome find/opportunity.

Did you debloaded or disable Samsung apps???? I am using S20+ also. Took me 2 days to figure it out because of Debloaded Samsung apps. 1st, you MUST to enable all the apps back. Then redo again. After you got your FAV.ttf installed, then you can disable all the samsung apps. I worked for me.

lilmama2879

Apr 19, 2010
Minneapolis
Did you debloaded or disable Samsung apps???? I am using S20+ also. Took me 2 days to figure it out because of Debloaded Samsung apps. 1st, you MUST to enable all the apps back. Then redo again. After you got your FAV.ttf installed, then you can disable all the samsung apps. I worked for me.
Yes I enabled all the Samsung apps. The only one I had disabled was Samsung Health. Then I did the process all over again. But still nothing changed, just stayed the Samsung One font. Ugh I wish I knew a way to get this to work. Is anyone else having trouble using zfont 3 or mono_v2.1 to change fonts on Android 11, specifically on an s20 (oh and on AT&T)?

ongxa

Oct 22, 2012
Yes I enabled all the Samsung apps. The only one I had disabled was Samsung Health. Then I did the process all over again. But still nothing changed, just stayed the Samsung One font. Ugh I wish I knew a way to get this to work. Is anyone else having trouble using zfont 3 or mono_v2.1 to change fonts on Android 11, specifically on an s20 (oh and on AT&T)?
Why don't you enable ALLLL Samsung apps, then reboot the phone. Redo one more time to see. You can Disable whatever later on. I worked out for me.

ongxa

Oct 22, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210106-140656_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210106-140656_Settings.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 262

lilmama2879

Apr 19, 2010
Minneapolis
Why don't you enable ALLLL Samsung apps, then reboot the phone. Redo one more time to see. You can Disable whatever later on. I worked out for me.
Yes yes I have ALL Samsung apps enabled. The only that I initially had disabled was Samsung Health. So all Samsung apps have been enabled. And I tried the process again right after my last reply and still no change 😔😭😠. I'm going to give it one more try and see what happens. Fingers crossed that the 40th time is the charm/success.

agun888

Oct 21, 2014
Hey I just thought of something. So I have a lot of system fonts that I have downloaded. Do you think I need to delete all those fonts? And then maybe zfont will work.View attachment 5179717

Bro. This is monofont thread.
I think monofont method is by far easier than Zfont method

Use monofont 2.1, do what mono says, just it.
After succes instal ttf font, still you can use your other flipfont.

thus on Android11 font changing with this method is not working. confirmed?

I confirm this method works like a charm on android 11, oneui 3.0

lilmama2879

Apr 19, 2010
Minneapolis
Bro. This is monofont thread.
I think monofont method is by far easier than Zfont method

Use monofont 2.1, do what mono says, just it.
After succes instal ttf font, still you can use your other flipfont.
Thank you for your reply. Yes I know this is the mono font thread. Which I said I've tried both. But no one offered advice for monofont only for zfont. And I hope the picture I have as my profile doesn't look like a "Bro" as I am ALL WOMAN!! Also I would hope a "Bro" wouldn't have the username: lilmama2879.

lilmama2879

Apr 19, 2010
Minneapolis
Late last night I gave mono_v2.1 another try and...IT WORKED!! I think it was needing to have all the Samsung apps enabled that finally made the process work. I'm so glad to finally be able to use my custom fonts, woohoo! Thanks to those who tried to help. And thank you so much to the developer for making an AWESOME app! I really hope Samsung doesn't find a way to mess this up.

P.S. I noticed a small bug that a few of my fonts have the same preview/look even though they are different fonts. I'm using the font with the * next to it. But the top font is Quicksand Love and it's showing the same preview. Not a big deal, just hope if I were to use Quicksand Love that it'll display as such.

I'm just so happy it finally worked!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210107-085835_#mono.jpg
    Screenshot_20210107-085835_#mono.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 162

Fadzz

Jun 5, 2013
Beirut
I enabled all disabled apps on my s9. Restarted. Didn't work unfortunately. Someone tell me if they got it working on this phone and if so, which samsung apps they have enabled. Thank you.

lilmama2879

Apr 19, 2010
Minneapolis
Ugh so sad 😢😭. Purchased some new cute fonts and tried to change the font and it went back to not working. I really thought I had figured it out. Now I have to start all over. I don't understand why it's working for everyone else so easily with Android 11. I've enabled all the Samsung apps, done reboots, cleared cache/data and reboot again. Still nothing. And I've gone back and forth between mono font and zfont. But zfont does work flawlessly on my Note 10+ with Android 10/2.5. Why why why can't I enjoy mono font and custom fonts. I hope the developer or someone is monitoring this thread and can maybe figure out a fix please.

ongxa

Oct 22, 2012
Ugh so sad 😢😭. Purchased some new cute fonts and tried to change the font and it went back to not working. I really thought I had figured it out. Now I have to start all over. I don't understand why it's working for everyone else so easily with Android 11. I've enabled all the Samsung apps, done reboots, cleared cache/data and reboot again. Still nothing. And I've gone back and forth between mono font and zfont. But zfont does work flawlessly on my Note 10+ with Android 10/2.5. Why why why can't I enjoy mono font and custom fonts. I hope the developer or someone is monitoring this thread and can maybe figure out a fix please.

Are you using font.TTF?

If you Disabled/Uninstalled this :

com.samsung.android.app.settings.bixby

Try to Enable/Restore it back.

This culprit won't let you backup font settings to the Samsung Cloud if you disable or uninstall it. One bro in Telegram [ Cara calderaio (Pm=ban) ] told me that. Thanks to him. WORKED perfectly for me. Try and report back to help others.

Last edited:

orionsbelt97

Jul 8, 2019
Thank you for this, man. Been waiting for a year for something like this.

Anyway, I got one question. When I upload the #mono_ V2.1 .apk file to VirusTotal, I get a warning from a company named Sangfor Engine Zero that it's a malware. Anybody knows anything about this? Should I be worried?

I already have #Hex installed from the same developer and I believe him, still, I'm trying to make sure that it's 100% safe.

lilmama2879

Apr 19, 2010
Minneapolis
Are you using font.TTF?

This culprit won't let you backup font settings to the Samsung Cloud if you disable or uninstall it. One bro in Telegram [ Cara calderaio (Pm=ban) ] told me that. Thanks to him. WORKED perfectly for me. Try and report back to help others.
Hey thank you for your help. And yes I'm using a TTF file. But unfortunately I don't have that path in my settings. I went to apps>show system apps and looked through all the com.samsung and none of them had Bixby setting. But I did scroll way down the list and find SettingsBixby by itself. When I clicked on it the only things I could do is forcestop or clear cache/data. Should I try those since I can't disable it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210108-125648_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210108-125648_Settings.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20210108-125707_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210108-125707_Settings.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20210108-131210_ALZip.jpg
    Screenshot_20210108-131210_ALZip.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

agun888

Oct 21, 2014

Hi Mama,

Do you mean : using monofont ttf then change back to flipfont (from galaxy store) and change back to ttf again?

If yes, you dont need to start all over again. Just the last step ; restore backup - settings, and you'll be on your last installed ttf

lilmama2879

Apr 19, 2010
Minneapolis
Hi Mama,

Do you mean : using monofont ttf then change back to flipfont (from galaxy store) and change back to ttf again?

If yes, you dont need to start all over again. Just the last step ; restore backup - settings, and you'll be on your last installed ttf
Yes I understand that you only have to do the last 4 steps once you do the initial set up process.
So I did the whole process using mono_v2.1 (with a custom ttf font) like "30" time and it finally changed the font. I was very happy.
Then the next day I tried to change to a different font using only the last 4 steps in mono_v2.1 as instructed. But when I restored my settings the font stayed as default instead of changing to the different custom font.
Now I'm back to mono_v2.1 not working again. I'm worried that I'm going to have to do the full process another "30" times before it'll work again. Also worried that if I can get mono_v2.1 to work that I won't be able easily change the font like the app is set up to do.
I really wish I could figure out why this app isn't working on my s20 running Android 11 (with December 1 security patch) but everyone has gotten it to work.

lilmama2879

Apr 19, 2010
Minneapolis
So I've given up that this app will work on my s20, I've literally tried everything including wiping cache partition and repair apps (but not a factory reset, don't want to potentially lose anything). I enabled ALL Samsung apps, cleared cache/data on mono_v2.1 app, rebooted. Did the whole process this time around at least 20 times. Still no success. I'm tired of trying now, it shouldn't be this hard. Just wasn't meant to be I guess. Congrats and enjoy using custom fonts to you all!! SYL 💕

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tested.
    Worked without problem.
    Great news! Thanks!
    #mono_ version 2.1 [NO-ROOT]

Originally, I developed mono_ as an alternative to smartswitch/scloud for sideloading the flipfonts. Now, I present you version 2 with all the features that you guys requested.

Flipfont sideloader + OneUI Special Edition.

DO NOT REUPLOAD WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. SHARE THIS THREAD LINK INSTEAD.

How-To-Use:

Put all your flipfonts apk files in monofonts folder. (Create if it doesn't exist). This app requires read/write storage and also install permission to work.

Version 2.0 Features:
    1. On-Device preview of all your Flipfonts backup.
    2. Fonts search.
    3. Support for changing sample text.
    4. Inbuilt uninstall manager
    5. OneUI skin with Day/Night support.

Version 2.1 Features:
    6. You can use any ttf file on your OneUI seamlessly - Android 10 and 11 (copy your ttf files to monofonts/ttf folder)
    7. Added preview for custom ttf files.

Works on all OneUI versions - 1/1.1/1.5/2/2.1/2.5/3

Important Note for custom TTF: If you have debloated the system, you have to rebloat again to make backup and restore fully functional.

If you're looking for flipfonts collection (over 1800+), go over here, download the zips and click thanks button of @rs_vanadium

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s20/themes/fonts-galaxy-s20-ultra-root-t4093615/page10

Original Thread for installing custom fonts. Click thanks button of __TrungDK__

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/google-product-sans-for-android-10-oneui-2-5-samsung-phone.4203153

Enjoy.

-
    SatySatsZB
    Hello! I made a video tutorial with the #mono_ app and credited this thread in the description. Thank you for developing such a great app! :D

I hope the video is helpful enough and it gave you a laugh! The tl;dr is in the description of course.

Update #mono_ version 2.1

Flipfont + Custom TTF installer.

What's New:
    + You can use any ttf file on your OneUI seamlessly - Android 10 and 11 (copy your ttf files to monofonts/ttf folder)
    + Added preview for custom ttf files.

Check main post for apk and original thread link

Have a great year!

Are you using font.TTF?

Download link?