[APP] #mono_ FlipFont + Custom TTF Installer v2.1 for Samsung OneUI 1/2/3 [NO-ROOT]

Search This thread

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
Such a helpful response, a pillar of the XDA community. 👎
Hello I'm stuck as the well funny thing it's working on my Note 10 + 5G Android 12 ONE U.I 4.1 (i had mono installed before updating and it works fine) but when i install it on my Tab S8 Ultra it keeps telling me font is not compatible or something tells me to delete it! I'm using an old version of mono like 2 years old i will try again and report back where have you gotten up to ?

Limeybastard

Hello I'm stuck as the well funny thing it's working on my Note 10 + 5G Android 12 ONE U.I 4.1 (i had mono installed before updating and it works fine) but when i install it on my Tab S8 Ultra it keeps telling me font is not compatible or something tells me to delete it! I'm using an old version of mono like 2 years old i will try again and report back where have you gotten up to ?
Hello fella, hope all is well.
I didn’t try older version of Mono, used 2.1, which I think is the current version ? On mine all goes well, last step to restore from cloud backup ( settings ) also completes slowly. But nothing actually changes font wise.

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
Hello fella, hope all is well.
I didn’t try older version of Mono, used 2.1, which I think is the current version ? On mine all goes well, last step to restore from cloud backup ( settings ) also completes slowly. But nothing actually changes font wise.
Oh sorted i got it working what you need to do is install files by google then you need to make a folder in internal storage name it --> monofonts make sure you use lower case well I'm using lower case then you move all your mono fonts in that folder then you launch #mono then install 1 by 1 once all installed go to settings then display and select the font you won't my Tab S8 Ultra looks awesome with new font please note I'm using old mono i can upload a copy if you wish and i can upload all my fonts if you wish ? i did try new one i couldn't get it working

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220503-210946_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220503-210946_Settings.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 490
Reactions: princessthemer

RobLives4Love

Nov 8, 2012
I'm having issues as well, it stopped working for me about an hour ago (i don't have any monofonts installed other than the default ones, i was always using the TTF option)

uninstalled and reinstalled the app, then the samsung sans apk, then the samsung backup, to no avail

skovv

Feb 4, 2021
everything works even Google Sans - you just need to have com.samsung.android.app.settings.bixby turned on, I had it deleted, I recovered it via ADB and I have what I wanted :)

Reactions: princessthemer

Ammitz

Jun 13, 2013
New Delhi
Works on Samsung with Android 12 also.
Do any such thing exists which can work for Oneplus devices, of yes, plz guide.. thanks.

aliablow

Aug 12, 2012
everything works even Google Sans - you just need to have com.samsung.android.app.settings.bixby turned on, I had it deleted, I recovered it via ADB and I have what I wanted :)
Can you tell me how to do this 😬. I have been trying a lot of methods to change my font to Google Sans. #monofonts used to work but the backup/restore method does not work for me anymore. Im on S21+ Exynos OneUI 4.1.

Thanks in advance. Im kinda desperate xD

mduong1981

Apr 5, 2016
OMG this worked like a charm! Thank you so much for having this. I am using my own handwriting font that I made in ttf when I had a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. So it's been a while since I have been back on Samsung. I just recently got this Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G and it's running Android 12 now. But even though it's listed as working for Android 10 and 11. It also works for Android 12 as well. Keep up the good work. You are awesome. Much love! Peace!

dex4ever

May 19, 2010
São Paulo
Some apps don't fully supported (like stock Telegram), some bold text's appear another font, any way to fix?

The objective is use Google Sans.

tks!

Shahrokh.KING

Oct 1, 2011
Tehran
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
For Farsi (persian) or Arabic fonts you need to edit a font with font editing softwares and add english characters to a farsi or arabic font so one ttf contains both english and farsi characters inside, then you can apply it with this threads method so you can have custom font for both languages with one ttf file
no need to change notonaskharabic ttf files inside /system/fonts
tested on android 12 one ui 4.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got it working!

Step by step:
    1. Make sure Samsung Sans is not installed
    2. Install Samsung Sans through the Samsung app store, do not use zFont or #mono_'s version! zFont is just broken and #mono_'s version has broken text spacing.
    3. Pick Samsung Sans font just installed in font picker
    4. Backup phone to cloud (settings only)
    5. Select tff file
    6. Install custom font
    7. Reboot phone
    8. Select Default in font picker
    9. Restore settings from cloud
    10. Reboot again (don't do anything else after it finished restoring!)
    11. Done!

I've found that this works consistently, just make sure to install and then reboot, this specific reboot seems important for some reason. At NO point manually try to select Samsung Sans once you're past step 5

You may also replace step 5 and 6 with zFont, but make sure to only do the installing the font parts of zFont. None of the other steps
    #mono_ version 2.1 [NO-ROOT]

Originally, I developed mono_ as an alternative to smartswitch/scloud for sideloading the flipfonts. Now, I present you version 2 with all the features that you guys requested.

Flipfont sideloader + OneUI Special Edition.

DO NOT REUPLOAD WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. SHARE THIS THREAD LINK INSTEAD.

How-To-Use:

Put all your flipfonts apk files in monofonts folder. (Create if it doesn't exist). This app requires read/write storage and also install permission to work.

Version 2.0 Features:
    1. On-Device preview of all your Flipfonts backup.
    2. Fonts search.
    3. Support for changing sample text.
    4. Inbuilt uninstall manager
    5. OneUI skin with Day/Night support.

Version 2.1 Features:
    6. You can use any ttf file on your OneUI seamlessly - Android 10 and 11 (copy your ttf files to monofonts/ttf folder)
    7. Added preview for custom ttf files.

Works on all OneUI versions - 1/1.1/1.5/2/2.1/2.5/3

Important Note for custom TTF: If you have debloated the system, you have to rebloat again to make backup and restore fully functional.

If you're looking for flipfonts collection (over 1800+), go over here, download the zips and click thanks button of @rs_vanadium

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s20/themes/fonts-galaxy-s20-ultra-root-t4093615/page10

Original Thread for installing custom fonts. Click thanks button of __TrungDK__

https://xdaforums.com/t/google-product-sans-for-android-10-oneui-2-5-samsung-phone.4203153

Enjoy.

-
    SatySatsZB
    Hello! I made a video tutorial with the #mono_ app and credited this thread in the description. Thank you for developing such a great app! :D

I hope the video is helpful enough and it gave you a laugh! The tl;dr is in the description of course.

Please update, after last samsung one ui 5.1 update, the program is closing when i press the restore button. Not working
    I update apk and fix this bug on One UI 5.1
    Ugh so sad 😢😭. Purchased some new cute fonts and tried to change the font and it went back to not working. I really thought I had figured it out. Now I have to start all over. I don't understand why it's working for everyone else so easily with Android 11. I've enabled all the Samsung apps, done reboots, cleared cache/data and reboot again. Still nothing. And I've gone back and forth between mono font and zfont. But zfont does work flawlessly on my Note 10+ with Android 10/2.5. Why why why can't I enjoy mono font and custom fonts. I hope the developer or someone is monitoring this thread and can maybe figure out a fix please.

Are you using font.TTF?

If you Disabled/Uninstalled this :

com.samsung.android.app.settings.bixby

Try to Enable/Restore it back.

This culprit won't let you backup font settings to the Samsung Cloud if you disable or uninstall it. One bro in Telegram [ Cara calderaio (Pm=ban) ] told me that. Thanks to him. WORKED perfectly for me. Try and report back to help others.
    Update #mono_ version 2.1

Flipfont + Custom TTF installer.

What's New:
    + You can use any ttf file on your OneUI seamlessly - Android 10 and 11 (copy your ttf files to monofonts/ttf folder)
    + Added preview for custom ttf files.

Check main post for apk and original thread link

Have a great year!