[APP][MTD/BML] Transparent Messaging App Collection (GINGERBREAD) | 6/13

Search This thread

narddawg314

Jan 3, 2011
new mms?

I don't know if it was on purpose, or something is screwy on my theme, but I don't get a highlighted bar for new texts...they show up at the top and the notification bar shows I have new texts, but once I am in the actual text app, there is no indication as to which messages are new. Does that make sense?

RandomKing

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2011
Random Land
randomkings.wordpress.com
I don't know if it was on purpose, or something is screwy on my theme, but I don't get a highlighted bar for new texts...they show up at the top and the notification bar shows I have new texts, but once I am in the actual text app, there is no indication as to which messages are new. Does that make sense?

Yup. It was a screwup on my end I never got around to solving. I think an image is wrong.

-Sent from my Random Epic.

narddawg314

Jan 3, 2011
oh well...this was an issue with Legendary ROM when I installed it anyway...I was hoping your theming of it would help. Either way, I like the default image of Andy over the female silhouette you chose.

thanks for the randomness!

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
Anyone know if this will work on EL30? Current messaging app version is 2.3.6

Thanks.

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
I just flashed the blue and grey one onto CleanGB 1.12 EL30 MTD and it works fine. Don't forget to mount system if flashing on MTD.

Thanks for checking and responding in both threads!

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

It worked however it downgraded my messaging app from 2.3.6 to 2.3.4

Reactions: beltsnspoons

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Thanks for checking and responding in both threads!

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

It worked however it downgraded my messaging app from 2.3.6 to 2.3.4

Yeah...just a number. No features changed that I have seen. You can port the drawables but not sure which xmls need to be copied to keep the version. Randomking if you are listening which xmls need to be copied to 2.3.6 mms?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Reactions: beltsnspoons

RandomKing

Mar 4, 2011
Random Land
Yeah...just a number. No features changed that I have seen. You can port the drawables but not sure which xmls need to be copied to keep the version. Randomking if you are listening which xmls need to be copied to 2.3.6 mms?

Last I checked there wasn't any noticeable change, and it appears fully compatible. I can tear it apart and compare it later to be sure.

Btw, I took a look into Cyanogenmods messaging as far as transparency and got a bit lost. They integrate a fair amount of their theming into their theme apks.

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
anyone tried it on cm9? if not i'll give it a shot and report back. i just need to decide which one goes best with ice cream infusion. i dig the inverted mms that comes with the theme but, it can be a little much sometimes. :)

did turbosocks ever post a link for his "blue and black gradient" theme? i guess i could give him a call and ask him myself since he posted a screenie with his phone number in it, lol.

Last edited:

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
anyone tried it on cm9? if not i'll give it a shot and report back. i just need to decide which one goes best with ice cream infusion. i dig the inverted mms that comes with the theme but, it can be a little much sometimes. :)

did turbosocks ever post a link for his "blue and black gradient" theme? i guess i could give him a call and ask him myself since he posted a screenie with his phone number in it, lol.

No. These are TW dependent and will not work on AOSP ROMs.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
RK, one of The People found a small bug in using these and any mms.apk not made from the FC09 mms.apk. When you search messages, it turns up no results and then FCs. Can you update these from the FC09 MMS.APK?
Thanks. My GF loves the purple one and the blue/grey is awesome in The People's ROM.

Reactions: Naddict

RandomKing

Mar 4, 2011
Random Land
RK, one of The People found a small bug in using these and any mms.apk not made from the FC09 mms.apk. When you search messages, it turns up no results and then FCs. Can you update these from the FC09 MMS.APK?
Thanks. My GF loves the purple one and the blue/grey is awesome in The People's ROM.

I'm actually aware of the problem and have been attempting to port the coding into the FC09 version. For some reason, I've had troubles re-compiling. But I am working on it. :D

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Glad you like them. I've got two to re-upload. Then hopefully successfully port them all the the official FC09 version for max compatibility.

Best of luck to you sir;) I have been trying for a couple weeks to theme a transparent Mms.apk for fc09 for kennyglass123's The Peoples Rom and I have had no luck getting it to compile. (Sorry Kenny) I am definately crossing my fingers for you. Hope it works:cool:

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Best of luck to you sir;) I have been trying for a couple weeks to theme a transparent Mms.apk for fc09 for kennyglass123's The Peoples Rom and I have had no luck getting it to compile. (Sorry Kenny) I am definately crossing my fingers for you. Hope it works:cool:

Did you try copying the modded xml from the EL30 mms.apk into the FC09 mms.apk?

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Did you try copying the modded xml from the EL30 mms.apk into the FC09 mms.apk?

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

No, I figured that that would cause issues so I started from stock Mms.apk and did all the XML edits myself and it will not compile without a bunch of errors. Quite frustrating:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GINGERBREAD APP

EI22, EL30, FC09, FC19

Updates, Important Notices, and General Information Posted Here!

Donations appreciated. Never required.
    No subscription necessary.

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for problems you may incur.
    Please do some research if you are a first timer.
    Only you can choose to use this software.
    By downloading you agree to these terms.

SCREENSHOTS:

cap2012052409191.jpg
    cap2012052409311.jpg
    cap2012052409331.jpg

cap2012052409361.jpg

Description:

Here are my transparent themed MMS apps. They took some doing, but I finally got them to play nicely. These can now flash over any Gingerbread rom on BML or MTD.

I couldn’t find any transparent Mms.apk to work on Epic Gingerbread for me and I really missed it from EC05. So, I’ve made it work on my own.

Feel free to incorporate any of these into Roms, but be sure to give thanks and leave a link to here so people know where to find more!​

I'm actually aware of the problem and have been attempting to port the coding into the FC09 version. For some reason, I've had troubles re-compiling. But I am working on it. :D

Last I checked there wasn't any noticeable change, and it appears fully compatible. I can tear it apart and compare it later to be sure.

Btw, I took a look into Cyanogenmods messaging as far as transparency and got a bit lost. They integrate a fair amount of their theming into their theme apks.
    These are nice....thank you

Glad you like them. I've got two to re-upload. Then hopefully successfully port them all the the official FC09 version for max compatibility.
    Anyone know if this will work on EL30? Current messaging app version is 2.3.6

Thanks.

I just flashed the blue and grey one onto CleanGB 1.12 EL30 MTD and it works fine. Don't forget to mount system if flashing on MTD.