[App]Multi 2.0 - Show and Explain Dual-Touch Technology On Resistive Screens

Search This thread

TangoChen

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2010
Guangzhou
TangoChen.com
Multi 2.0 is an application that shows the Dual-Touch Technology and explain how it works!

[30,July 2010]explain more things about the Dual-Touch Technology.
... but when i press one of these two fingers a little bit stronger, the "Fake Point" is going crazy :p That does not appear when i am pressing with my nails, fortunately :d
Click to see this picture,it may tell you something about it.:

Also
It's Not exactly on the GamePad that "You can ONLY MOVE the SECOND finger you put with your First finger FIXED!"
Just do these step by step,if you wanna understand what I mean:
1.Run this app and turn to "Gamepad" page
2.Press the left-button with a finger of your left hand
3.Press a round-button with a finger of your right hand
-Now You can only move your right-hand finger.
4.Release your left-hand finger.
5.Do as the Step 2 again.
-Now You can only move your left-hand finger.
That's all.
[Explanation]
After Releasing your first finger.The Fake Point inside would go out of the screen.
So the app knows that you have release your first finger.
And it would treat the Second Point as a New First Point.
It means that you can set a New Second Point again and move it.without releasing all your fingers!

[27,July 2010]VGA & WQVGA versions Available Now!

Features:
  • Picture - You can drag the picture with one finger or stylus and zoom the picture with two fingers[Pinch to Zoom]
  • GamePad - An On-Screen GamePad that support up to two pressed buttons!
  • Fact - To show how this application works inside.

Just download and run it without installing..
It may work on all WinMo with resistive screens.
need .NET CF 3.5/3.7 which I think you all know it.

Notice:

1. :eek:My English may be too suck to be understood.
  2. Touch the screen with two fingers one by one but not at the same time!(You can do it quickly even it seems to be done at a time)
  3. To zoom the picture,a gab of about 2cm between two fingers is needed when you start touching the screen!
    A Chinese version of sentence for who may understand its translation better than the English version:想要缩放图片,两只手指在按下的时候必须有大约2cm的间距!
  4. You can ONLY MOVE the SECOND finger you put with your First finger FIXED![Not exactly on the GamePad]

:confused:How it works?
See the "Fact" part of the application.
And touch the screen with two fingers(one by one).
You'll get three points:
  1. Fixed Point - It is got when you put your First finger.
  2. Real Point - It is truely detected by the hardware when two fingers are put.
  3. Fake Point - where your second finger put.As a matter of fact,the hardware doesn't know anything of it.The position is worked out by the application.
How to get the Position of the second Finger?
NOTICE that when two or more fingers are put on the screen,the hardware would just get the Point in the central of shape which is made up by fingers' Positions.
So.Two fingers's positions(points) make a line.And the hardware gets the "Real Point" in the middle of the line.
Reversely think.We've got the First finger's Position and the Mid Position.
The Second Finger's Position should be in the direction opposite the First finger through the Mid Position.

PS
-This is my first post here.
-:)I know some members here has been developing the Multi-Touch(Dual-Touch) technology.But I had the idea of creating multi-touch application last year.
-The picture on the application written "Mobile 2.0" but not "Multi 2.0".It's a website[mobile20.com.cn] in China that make evaluations of mobile.The Chinese version of this application was released there on June 7,2010
-Sorry for my poor English..

Attachments

• Demo(GIF).7z
    1.3 MB · Views: 545
  • Picture.png
    Picture.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 401
  • GamePad.png
    GamePad.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 442
  • Fact.png
    Fact.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:
Reactions: htinfo

iceeyes91

Mar 19, 2009
Ffm
Pretty interesting app just tested it on my wvga phone

But what really caught my eye was the gamepad thing. Would love to see this in morphgear so we have dualtouch which would make many games more playable.
Maybe I dream to much but still would be great :p

TangoChen

Apr 25, 2010
Guangzhou
TangoChen.com
Pretty interesting app just tested it on my wvga phone

But what really caught my eye was the gamepad thing. Would love to see this in morphgear so we have dualtouch which would make many games more playable.
Maybe I dream to much but still would be great :p

:)I'm willing to give the code to anyone who wants it.
(It's written in VB.NET)
But I really have to modify it.As the code is in a mess within some Chinese comments.
Maybe I'll write a 'GamePad'-only(or 'Picture'-only) program for developers.

iceeyes91

Mar 19, 2009
Ffm
:)I'm willing to give the code to anyone who wants it.
(It's written in VB.NET)
But I really have to modify it.As the code is in a mess within some Chinese comments.
Maybe I'll write a 'GamePad'-only(or 'Picture'-only) program for developers.

Wonderfull :)
Sadly I dunno anything about programming , so I can only support by testing/donating
Keep up the work, it would extend all my expection having dual touch on my phone

TangoChen

Apr 25, 2010
Guangzhou
TangoChen.com
Hey,Ge Men,Nice work!
Hi.a Chinese guy.
I just couldn't understand what is 'Ge Men'.
But after searching for it on Google.It returns'您是不是要找: 哥们 各门 格门'
lol.It means man in Chinese.

Wonderfull :)
Sadly I dunno anything about programming , so I can only support by testing/donating
Keep up the work, it would extend all my expection having dual touch on my phone
Thx!!But I haven't got a paypal account yet..It may takes one year till I'm 18 years old.

KobiP

Jun 22, 2007
Great App! I have tested it on my Touch Pro (VGA Screen). In Gamepad mode I have only one round button but everything else worked good!

If both fingers are horizontal to the screen its pretty precise, if I have my fingers diagonal on the screen it differs much.

But: Thank you for your app, it shows that it is possible :)

Greets

nemuro

Apr 2, 2010
The QVGA won't work on my kaiser :(.

The pinch zoom works though, Nice work!

The second finger on the screen is a bit off, from the fact tab, so that's why the gamepad doesn't work too well. It registers a press in another spot.

Last edited:

TangoChen

Apr 25, 2010
Guangzhou
TangoChen.com
Great App! I have tested it on my Touch Pro (VGA Screen). In Gamepad mode I have only one round button but everything else worked good!

Which file do u use on VGA?
Multi2.0 QVGA.7z or Multi2.0 WVGA.7z ?

Sorry for omitting the vga version!
And it's uploaded just now.

If both fingers are horizontal to the screen its pretty precise, if I have my fingers diagonal on the screen it differs much.

But: Thank you for your app, it shows that it is possible :)

Greets
Ya I found the problem,too.
And I thought it was the screen/hardware's problem.
Maybe I'll add a feature for a future project to adjust the value.
Thanks for reminding me!

The QVGA won't work on my kaiser :(.

The pinch zoom works though, Nice work!

The second finger on the screen is a bit off, from the fact tab, so that's why the gamepad doesn't work too well. It registers a press in another spot.

Oh.Thanks for reporting the problem!

downiel

May 30, 2009
Very good work! :) Gamepad works very well, resizing the image not as good, but that's also a great progress ;) Maybe just my phone has this problem (Touch HD), but when i press one of these two fingers a little bit stronger, the "Fake Point" is going crazy :p That does not appear when i am pressing with my nails, fortunately :d

Sorry for my english and keep creating such a good applications! ;d

kain144000

Jan 19, 2008
Any plans to work on a ..?

@TangoChen Any plans to work on a system–wide pinch to zoom solution? OndraSter has been workin' on one here, but has gone on holiday. Perhaps, you two should collaborate.

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
It would be great if you managed to replace the HD2's resources files and fool the entire system in thinking you actually have a capacitive screen.

The DLL (or any other kind of resource files, I didn't study this in detail, but for instance, just checking the "Pinch to zoom" menu in BSB Tweaks instantly crashes the HD ! :D) could then be added in cooked ROMs and simulate the official "pinch to zoom" behavior...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Multi 2.0 is an application that shows the Dual-Touch Technology and explain how it works!

[30,July 2010]explain more things about the Dual-Touch Technology.
    ... but when i press one of these two fingers a little bit stronger, the "Fake Point" is going crazy :p That does not appear when i am pressing with my nails, fortunately :d
    Click to see this picture,it may tell you something about it.:

Also
    It's Not exactly on the GamePad that "You can ONLY MOVE the SECOND finger you put with your First finger FIXED!"
    Just do these step by step,if you wanna understand what I mean:
    1.Run this app and turn to "Gamepad" page
    2.Press the left-button with a finger of your left hand
    3.Press a round-button with a finger of your right hand
    -Now You can only move your right-hand finger.
    4.Release your left-hand finger.
    5.Do as the Step 2 again.
    -Now You can only move your left-hand finger.
    That's all.
    [Explanation]
    After Releasing your first finger.The Fake Point inside would go out of the screen.
    So the app knows that you have release your first finger.
    And it would treat the Second Point as a New First Point.
    It means that you can set a New Second Point again and move it.without releasing all your fingers!

[27,July 2010]VGA & WQVGA versions Available Now!

Features:
    • Picture - You can drag the picture with one finger or stylus and zoom the picture with two fingers[Pinch to Zoom]
    • GamePad - An On-Screen GamePad that support up to two pressed buttons!
    • Fact - To show how this application works inside.

Just download and run it without installing..
    It may work on all WinMo with resistive screens.
    need .NET CF 3.5/3.7 which I think you all know it.

Notice:

1. :eek:My English may be too suck to be understood.
    2. Touch the screen with two fingers one by one but not at the same time!(You can do it quickly even it seems to be done at a time)
    3. To zoom the picture,a gab of about 2cm between two fingers is needed when you start touching the screen!
      A Chinese version of sentence for who may understand its translation better than the English version:想要缩放图片,两只手指在按下的时候必须有大约2cm的间距!
    4. You can ONLY MOVE the SECOND finger you put with your First finger FIXED![Not exactly on the GamePad]

:confused:How it works?
    See the "Fact" part of the application.
    And touch the screen with two fingers(one by one).
    You'll get three points:
    1. Fixed Point - It is got when you put your First finger.
    2. Real Point - It is truely detected by the hardware when two fingers are put.
    3. Fake Point - where your second finger put.As a matter of fact,the hardware doesn't know anything of it.The position is worked out by the application.
    How to get the Position of the second Finger?
    NOTICE that when two or more fingers are put on the screen,the hardware would just get the Point in the central of shape which is made up by fingers' Positions.
    So.Two fingers's positions(points) make a line.And the hardware gets the "Real Point" in the middle of the line.
    Reversely think.We've got the First finger's Position and the Mid Position.
    The Second Finger's Position should be in the direction opposite the First finger through the Mid Position.

PS
    -This is my first post here.
    -:)I know some members here has been developing the Multi-Touch(Dual-Touch) technology.But I had the idea of creating multi-touch application last year.
    -The picture on the application written "Mobile 2.0" but not "Multi 2.0".It's a website[mobile20.com.cn] in China that make evaluations of mobile.The Chinese version of this application was released there on June 7,2010
    -Sorry for my poor English..
    @TangoChen Any plans to work on a system–wide pinch to zoom solution? OndraSter has been workin' on one here, but has gone on holiday. Perhaps, you two should collaborate.
    I'm on holiday and on end of July I'm coming back. This stuff works on 100% the same way, as my pinch to zoom - except this one, just as the original "multitouch resistive SDK" posted here few months ago, works only in apps developed on top of this. Mine solution actually "enables" sending two touch points on screen (where it guesses which one is probably holded on the same place), so for Opera I send the positions and it scales itself. My solution enables it on existing apps, where the base works totally different. But multitouch/pinch to zoom/... detection and what not works exactly the same :).
    No, it isn't.

Well it is, but the app would have to be made "simple" way, to check MouseDown and NOT check which button is it - either LEFT or RIGHT (or MIDDLE I think is in WinCE supported too, would have to check MSDN). If the app doesn't support it - you are f.k up and all you can do is very fast send messages always mousedown@pos1, mouseup@pos1, mousedown@pos2, mouseup@pos2 -- but this isn't pretty much usable for any 2D platformer.

But if the app doesn't check left/right button, I can just simply send MouseDown@pos1@left, mousedown@pos2@right, mouseup etc.

When I get home, I will have another 1 month of holidays so I can try it eg for FPseCE (or I can talk to the developer if he would allow using right clicks etc).

The main issue is - there is like 0 apps that support HD2's multitouch.

Oh and also note, that in WM6.5 is new message WM_GESTURE (0x119 or 119 dec? MSDN :p) that is send eg when scrolling in Start etc. I think that it contains mouse position too, and this is exactly what blocks mine PinchToZoom in Album. I have to decode this message first and play with it more :).

If you have questions, drop me PM or MSN (same as email)/ICQ (nickname OndraSter) - preferably MSN :)

// oh and for these stuff, I'd say get rid of .NET CF and use native code. To make it in current applications, your app has go through EVERYTHING the window receives, and I'm afraid of creating small (in miliseconds, but still) lag :). Even I switched to C for this project from .NET :)