• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][MULTI WINDOWS][4.0+][MATERIAL DESIGN] SMS Small Application for all devices

Search This thread

luutinhit.1412

Oct 28, 2014
HaNoi
SMS Small App is useful when you want to quickly read/reply to text messages without leaving your current activity.
Features:

- Read and reply text messages.
- Quickly read/reply to maximum 5 persons on the same screen, simply swipe to change screen.
- Quickly call to the person you are conversing.
- Quickly create new a conversation.
- Change background for application.
To run this app, press the recent apps button and look for the SMS Small App or choose SMS Small App when you open a new incoming message.

Screenshot_2015-01-07-11-09-44.png

Screenshot_2015-01-07-11-10-00.png

Screenshot_2015-01-07-11-10-28.png

Screenshot_2015-01-14-01-49-15.png

Screenshot_2015-01-14-01-49-28.png

Screenshot_2015-01-14-01-50-40.png

Screenshot_2015-01-13-16-22-58.png

Screenshot_2015-01-13-16-23-34.png

Screenshot_2015-01-13-16-24-12.png

Video with xperia device: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcd751vWbEY

31 December 2014: FREE Version 1.3.
1 January 2015: FREE Version 1.5.
6 January 2015: FREE Version 1.8.1
6 January 2015: PRO Version 2.0.0 - MATERIAL DESIGN
7 January 2015: FRE Version 1.8.3 - support android 2.3.3+ (with 2.3.3 to 4.0 have some bug)
7 January 2015: PRO Version 2.0.3 - support android 2.3.3+ (with android 2.3.3 to 4.0 have some bug)
8 January 2015: FRE Version 2.0.3
- Material design.
- Fix layout android version 4.0.
- Don't split receive message.
- Support type phone number in the US.
8 January 2015: PRO Version 2.0.6
14 January 2015: PRO Version 2.0.9
- Fix bug receive message.
- Add more material themes for application :)
19 January 2015: PRO Version 2.3.8
- Add function save history conversation.
- Add function show chat head when receive message.
- Add function change custom background from memory.
- Fix bug show double message when receive new message.
20 January 2015: PRO Version 2.5.2
- Fix bug choose background.
- Clear all notification on notification bar, clear badge notification in icon stock message samsung and sony devices.
20 January 2015: FREE Version 2.5.0
- Add chat head icon.
- Clear all notification on notification bar.
Next release, i will add function load history conversation same pro version :)
20 January 2015: FREE Version 2.5.5
- add function load history conversation same pro version :)

DOWNLOAD FREE VERSION:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallapp.main

If you like my work. Please donate for me with pro version :) Thanks

DOWNLOAD PRO VERSION:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallapppro.main

For sony xperia devices:
FREE: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallappsony.message
PRO: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallappsonypro.message

Last edited:

migueldbr

Nov 30, 2011
Coimbra
the idea is very good, but in my opinion it needs a better design. I dont know if you plan to change the design of the app, but you should think about that, maybe switch bubbles style and some of the icons and add some material design or something. Its one of the main things that users look when choosing a sms app because there are already a lot of sms apps to choose from with lots of features.

hope you dont take my opinion the wrong way.For such a new release, the app is very good!

Charlie

Nov 7, 2012
Thessaloniki
the idea is very good, but in my opinion it needs a better design. I dont know if you plan to change the design of the app, but you should think about that, maybe switch bubbles style and some of the icons and add some material design or something. Its one of the main things that users look when choosing a sms app because there are already a lot of sms apps to choose from with lots of features.

hope you dont take my opinion the wrong way.For such a new release, the app is very good!

Τhe main advantage of the app should be the speed.So design is in low priority for my opinion.Yes the design of an application is very important and many users love material!
OP keep up the good work and we are here to make your application even better! :beer:

Reactions: EXV

PetGS

Jan 5, 2015
gamestylus.com
Looks promising

But I can't see it at Google Play (Honor 3C)... One more thought: It could be hard to explain to a mass of users why they should download this app...

theturbanator

Aug 28, 2013
Nice app! I just have a couple of suggestions: can you make an option so that an incoming text starts the app, but with the closed "chathead" instead of the entire pop up? It can be pretty distracting to have the entire pop up show up all the time, but the chathead would be great (like FB Messenger).

Also, can you make the size and transparency of the chathead customizable? Currently it's a bit too big and opaque to have around for a longer period of time, which is what I'm looking for. Thanks so much!!

luutinhit.1412

Oct 28, 2014
HaNoi
Thanks

Is it available for ics

Nice app! I just have a couple of suggestions: can you make an option so that an incoming text starts the app, but with the closed "chathead" instead of the entire pop up? It can be pretty distracting to have the entire pop up show up all the time, but the chathead would be great (like FB Messenger).

Also, can you make the size and transparency of the chathead customizable? Currently it's a bit too big and opaque to have around for a longer period of time, which is what I'm looking for. Thanks so much!!

Thanks your comment, i will try :)

Reactions: atrix4g18

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
Great app. I like how it shows seconds as well for the sent and received times.
Would it be possible to add an option to display the times received messages were sent? This is a common option in many full SMS applications.
Lots of potential here. Subscribed to the thread and looking forward to future updates.

This is the only SMS app I've used that shows the times in seconds. Really great feature, especially if you can implement the sent times for received messages.

Last edited:

luutinhit.1412

Oct 28, 2014
HaNoi
Thanks your comment

Great app. I like how it shows seconds as well for the sent and received times.
Would it be possible to add an option to display the times received messages were sent? This is a common option in many full SMS applications.
Lots of potential here. Subscribed to the thread and looking forward to future updates.

This is the only SMS app I've used that shows the times in seconds. Really great feature, especially if you can implement the sent times for received messages.

Thank you very much your comment :)
I will try make perfect :)

Reactions: atrix4g18

theturbanator

Aug 28, 2013
Thanks your comment, i will try :)

That would be great – being able to get a closed chat head pop up that we can click to respond to the message rather than the full pop up would make this app so much more usable for me! Thank you!

Also, I can't seem to select a contact from the list without entering in their full number without any parentheses () or dashes -. Is that ability only available in the pro version?

Thanks for the continued development!

migueldbr

Nov 30, 2011
Coimbra
That would be great – being able to get a closed chat head pop up that we can click to respond to the message rather than the full pop up would make this app so much more usable for me! Thank you!

Also, I can't seem to select a contact from the list without entering in their full number without any parentheses () or dashes -. Is that ability only available in the pro version?

Thanks for the continued development!

+1 on the closed popup! and maybe show contact pic when available on the closed icon popup?if it does not give too much work

Looking good!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SMS Small App is useful when you want to quickly read/reply to text messages without leaving your current activity.
    Features:

- Read and reply text messages.
    - Quickly read/reply to maximum 5 persons on the same screen, simply swipe to change screen.
    - Quickly call to the person you are conversing.
    - Quickly create new a conversation.
    - Change background for application.
    To run this app, press the recent apps button and look for the SMS Small App or choose SMS Small App when you open a new incoming message.

Screenshot_2015-01-07-11-09-44.png

Screenshot_2015-01-07-11-10-00.png

Screenshot_2015-01-07-11-10-28.png

Screenshot_2015-01-14-01-49-15.png

Screenshot_2015-01-14-01-49-28.png

Screenshot_2015-01-14-01-50-40.png

Screenshot_2015-01-13-16-22-58.png

Screenshot_2015-01-13-16-23-34.png

Screenshot_2015-01-13-16-24-12.png

Video with xperia device: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcd751vWbEY

31 December 2014: FREE Version 1.3.
    1 January 2015: FREE Version 1.5.
    6 January 2015: FREE Version 1.8.1
    6 January 2015: PRO Version 2.0.0 - MATERIAL DESIGN
    7 January 2015: FRE Version 1.8.3 - support android 2.3.3+ (with 2.3.3 to 4.0 have some bug)
    7 January 2015: PRO Version 2.0.3 - support android 2.3.3+ (with android 2.3.3 to 4.0 have some bug)
    8 January 2015: FRE Version 2.0.3
    - Material design.
    - Don't split receive message.
    8 January 2015: PRO Version 2.0.6
    14 January 2015: PRO Version 2.0.9
    - Fix bug receive message.
    - Add more material themes for application :)
    19 January 2015: PRO Version 2.3.8
    20 January 2015: PRO Version 2.5.2
    - Fix bug choose background.
    - Clear all notification on notification bar, clear badge notification in icon stock message samsung and sony devices.
    20 January 2015: FREE Version 2.5.0
    - Add chat head icon.
    - Clear all notification on notification bar.
    Next release, i will add function load history conversation same pro version :)
    20 January 2015: FREE Version 2.5.5
    - add function load history conversation same pro version :)

DOWNLOAD FREE VERSION:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallapp.main

If you like my work. Please donate for me with pro version :) Thanks

DOWNLOAD PRO VERSION:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallapppro.main

For sony xperia devices:
    FREE: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallappsony.message
    PRO: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smallappsonypro.message
    New PRO version 2.3.8:

NOTE: Tomorrow, I will porting to FREE version :)
    Thanks all !
    Thank you :)

Thanks for the update! Any chance that you're making progress on incoming SMSs showing up as a small, closed chathead on the side of the screen rather than as a full pop-up? That's the only thing that's keeping me from being able to use this app in its entirety. Thanks so much!!
    Thanks your comment :)
    I will make for app to perfect :)
    Updated new version 1.5 :)
    The pro version has been great so far, and the closed chat head appearing with incoming SMSs is nicely implemented. A couple things to suggest/report:

1. Can you add in an option to disable the notification access request? I'm fine with not having the notifications be dismissed, so I want to get rid of the notification access request every time the app/chat head opens. That would be really, really great.

2. Whenever I get a text and the chat head appears, it "breathes" (fades in and out) until I finally respond from the chat head popup. I think it should breathe only until the chat head is opened to show the SMS because sometimes you don't want to reply right away, and so the chat head just keeps fading in and out nonstop, which is a bit distracting.

Thanks!!
    Thank you very much with your suggest/report :)
    I will fix it in next release version :)