• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] MusicPlayer.apk ... and now MiuiMusic.apk

Search This thread

mrrobc97

Feb 22, 2011
Tucson
Hey I would like to share my blue themed stock music player from my Blutiful1.4 theme for all yall who would like to try it out. Its still my favorite music player for the fact that it has a great EQ function plus you have the Music Effects that really enhance the sound and you got that cool visualization that looks great in your car at night...

-replaced the colored bubble images that shows up when no album art with a blue android tile image (dim when visualization is on) and a splashing blue android on the music list.
-replaced the transparent bottom EQ reflection bars with solid ones and themed both top & bottom blue so it now looks like one big blue wave (visualization must be on).
-Replaced the music title background with blue "android" wallpaper.
-new HD blue menu icons
-themed the music controls blue
-new blue glassy status bar play/pause icons

...enjoy and let me know if you like it/hate it, or if I should go jump off a cliff for ever trying to theme something, but if you do like it shoot me a thx.

[EDIT] Might wanna add that this probably works only on a 2.2 ROM since I'm running BionixV 1.3.1.

UPDATE 8/25/11 So I got the MIUI music player from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=854766&highlight=MIUI+MUSIC (THX lightninbug) and I like it but I did not dig the purplelish color so I themed it (obviously) blue to match the rest of my theme.Too bad it wont go on landscape mode. I felt I had to put it here for those crazy enough to want it.

-Android blue background
-New HD blue icons
-Blue music visualization
-Blue, Blue, and more Blue

same as the MusicPlayer.apk, just push it to the system/app folder using Root Explorer (or equivalent) file manager and reboot. Enjoy.

Pics: 1-3 SGS Music player
4-6 MIUI music player

Last edited:

mrrobc97

Feb 22, 2011
Tucson
Use a file manager program (like Root Explorer or Astro File Manager) to either install the MusicPlayer.apk file by using their built-in installer or push (copy) the file directly to the system/app folder and then reboot. There are also stand alone app installers in the market (like ApkInstaller) that you could download and use to install "apk" files.

thcnme956

Sep 9, 2010
Is this compatible with the sgs4g? Im liking the theme.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

pro2kon

Sep 28, 2010
Nice could u tell me where did u get the battery n icons on top

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

mrrobc97

Feb 22, 2011
Tucson
Is this compatible with the sgs4g? Im liking the theme.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Sorry I couldn't tell you if it is. I'm pretty sure someone with more knowledge tell u if the Vibrant and the SGS4g could share the same stock apps. I'm gonna try to find out also and I'll let u know as soon as I do.

Last edited:

mrrobc97

Feb 22, 2011
Tucson
Nice could u tell me where did u get the battery n icons on top

I extracted the battery from this theme it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1003975but for the rest of my Blutiful theme,I extracted alot of stuff from many other themes including non-Vibrant themes like this one. If you do extract it for your phone make sure you pay attention how the icons in the charging animation are set up in your theme cuz u gonna have to follow that same pattern when you install a new icon set or your charging animation will be off.

Last edited:

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Idk what the problem is but I cant get it to install using any method. Ive pushed it, flashed it, used apk install, and built in installers. Idk if the upload is bad or what cause I have downloaded it 5 times to test. Can you try making a mediafire mirror? And has anyone installed successfully?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

rpolito73

Jul 25, 2010
Idk what the problem is but I cant get it to install using any method. Ive pushed it, flashed it, used apk install, and built in installers. Idk if the upload is bad or what cause I have downloaded it 5 times to test. Can you try making a mediafire mirror? And has anyone installed successfully?

I pushed it successfully. It froze up & ran like crap. Deleted app & reinstalled the original from my titanium backup. Don't waste your time. Nice thought tho.

mrrobc97

Feb 22, 2011
Tucson
I pushed it successfully. It froze up & ran like crap. Deleted app & reinstalled the original from my titanium backup. Don't waste your time. Nice thought tho.

Really? Im not sure what happened. I've been running this on both of my Vibrants for about a month already and I use this all day long at work and then docked to my car stereo when going home with no problems. Sorry for any inconvenience but I would like to see if someone else is having the same problem so I could rule out a bad download.

[EDIT] OK I deleted the MusicPlayer.apk in my phone then I downloaded one from the op link and pushed it to my system/app folder using RootExplorer and rebooted. Everything looks fine on my end.

Last edited:

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Really? Im not sure what happened. I've been running this on both of my Vibrants for about a month already and I use this all day long at work and then docked to my car stereo when going home with no problems. Sorry for any inconvenience but I would like to see if someone else is having the same problem so I could rule out a bad download.

[EDIT] OK I deleted the MusicPlayer.apk in my phone then I downloaded one from the op link and pushed it to my system/app folder using RootExplorer and rebooted. Everything looks fine on my end.

Hmm ok ill try some more when I get to better signal. Im stuck on edge at home, could be causing bad downloads thanks for the app and the info. Once I can get it going I will let you know.

mrrobc97

Feb 22, 2011
Tucson
Hmm ok ill try some more when I get to better signal. Im stuck on edge at home, could be causing bad downloads thanks for the app and the info. Once I can get it going I will let you know.

Freezes and fc on gingerbread.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I guess it will only run on a 2.2 ROM since I'm still running BionixV 1.3.1.
Sorry people, didn't know that it would cause a problem on GB.

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Im on project v so its 2.2 also. If nothing else I might break down the apk and see if I can get it working like that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey I would like to share my blue themed stock music player from my Blutiful1.4 theme for all yall who would like to try it out. Its still my favorite music player for the fact that it has a great EQ function plus you have the Music Effects that really enhance the sound and you got that cool visualization that looks great in your car at night...

-replaced the colored bubble images that shows up when no album art with a blue android tile image (dim when visualization is on) and a splashing blue android on the music list.
    -replaced the transparent bottom EQ reflection bars with solid ones and themed both top & bottom blue so it now looks like one big blue wave (visualization must be on).
    -Replaced the music title background with blue "android" wallpaper.
    -new HD blue menu icons
    -themed the music controls blue
    -new blue glassy status bar play/pause icons

...enjoy and let me know if you like it/hate it, or if I should go jump off a cliff for ever trying to theme something, but if you do like it shoot me a thx.

[EDIT] Might wanna add that this probably works only on a 2.2 ROM since I'm running BionixV 1.3.1.

UPDATE 8/25/11 So I got the MIUI music player from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=854766&highlight=MIUI+MUSIC (THX lightninbug) and I like it but I did not dig the purplelish color so I themed it (obviously) blue to match the rest of my theme.Too bad it wont go on landscape mode. I felt I had to put it here for those crazy enough to want it.

-Android blue background
    -New HD blue icons
    -Blue music visualization
    -Blue, Blue, and more Blue

same as the MusicPlayer.apk, just push it to the system/app folder using Root Explorer (or equivalent) file manager and reboot. Enjoy.

Pics: 1-3 SGS Music player
    4-6 MIUI music player

It's not the themed app that's causing the problem.It runs flawlessly on my phone,using Tard rom/Bali X 1.2

Nice work dude! Very nice with Tard Rom, all blends in nicely.

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my Tard 2.1 powered ROM....
    Just installed the theme. Pretty sick, awesome job man! :D