[APP] MySQL Manager

Search This thread

teleknEsis

Sep 5, 2009
I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of demand there is out there for a MySQL manager for Android.

Obviously there's only going to be a small niche of people who would want/use one, myself included, so I guess I wanted to get the feedback of the people on these forums to see what demand is like.

I'm currently building one that I plan to stick on the Android Market in the next week or so, and I'll let everyone who expresses interest know when that happens. The first version I put out will be a "lite" version. Features will include:

• Create/Edit/Delete server/db credentials
  • View a list of all Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures in a db
  • View first 100 records of any Table or View
  • Drop Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures
  • Add/Edit Views
  • Add/Edit Stored Procedures
  • Run custom queries

If the demand and responses are good, I will completely re-do the UI, add some nice graphics, and put out a much more feature-rich version. Not going to waste my time to do that, though, if I don't feel there is enough need.

Thanks in advance to everyone who responds!

-teleknEsis

Attachments

• AndSQL.apk
    44.3 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Reactions: oriundus

jameztcc

Aug 4, 2010
Any plan for SSL authentication like desktop client?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
  • Run custom queries

I would definitely use this. Personally, running custom queries would be the only thing I would use it for tho (i'm a sql/command line ninja haha). Hard saying how often I would use it. Currently I just ssh into a nix box and use mysql client from there when I'm remote/without a laptop and need to fix something.

teleknEsis

Sep 5, 2009
Look forward to it. Thanks.

I have released the initial version of my app on the market. Search for AndSQL.

Keep in mind, this is a very rough first version and is not intended to be complete with features. If response/feedback is good I will re-do UI, add graphics, and style it. Any feedback is greatly welcomed. Thanks!!

-teleknEsis

__max__

Dec 16, 2009
Can't find on the market, is there a download link?
Also, about "Run custom queries" is there the option to save/load the queries too?
I will appreciate that because i often run the same queries, so i save and load them when i need :)

teleknEsis

Sep 5, 2009
Can't find on the market, is there a download link?
Also, about "Run custom queries" is there the option to save/load the queries too?
I will appreciate that because i often run the same queries, so i save and load them when i need :)

As of right now there is not. This would be a feature I would definitely add if I decide to make a 'full' version. This was really more or less just a quick tool I made for myself to do quick db edits/checks on the fly when problems are reported. It has a ton of potential, I'm just not sure how large the demand is for a 'full' version of this.

My app targets 2.1 and up so not sure why you don't see it in the Market, but I'll go ahead and post it in the OP. Look for it there.

__max__

Dec 16, 2009
Ok, thanks for reply, it's quite useful already to do quick and emergency checks.
I'm on froyo now, so i should be able to find it in the market...

__max__

Dec 16, 2009
Downloaded from here.
It seems to connect, at least i don't receive any error, but i don't see the tables/views/sproc, and if i try to run a query the result is empty..
Tried with 2 different db on 2 different servers.

teleknEsis

Sep 5, 2009
Downloaded from here.
It seems to connect, at least i don't receive any error, but i don't see the tables/views/sproc, and if i try to run a query the result is empty..
Tried with 2 different db on 2 different servers.

There's likely a bug in my connection error reporting. If you're not seeing any tables or views then there's probably something wrong w/ your connection settings.

Make sure your MySQL db is set to allow remote connections, and also verify that the port you specified is correct. Hope that helps

__max__

Dec 16, 2009
Im' pretty sure everything it's ok, from my home pc i can connect without any problem...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of demand there is out there for a MySQL manager for Android.

Obviously there's only going to be a small niche of people who would want/use one, myself included, so I guess I wanted to get the feedback of the people on these forums to see what demand is like.

I'm currently building one that I plan to stick on the Android Market in the next week or so, and I'll let everyone who expresses interest know when that happens. The first version I put out will be a "lite" version. Features will include:

• View a list of all Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures in a db
    • View first 100 records of any Table or View
    • Drop Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures
    • Add/Edit Views
    • Add/Edit Stored Procedures
    • Run custom queries

If the demand and responses are good, I will completely re-do the UI, add some nice graphics, and put out a much more feature-rich version. Not going to waste my time to do that, though, if I don't feel there is enough need.

Thanks in advance to everyone who responds!

-teleknEsis
    Im' pretty sure everything it's ok, from my home pc i can connect without any problem...

Hmmm well works fine for me with several different MySQL db's on different servers, different hosting solutions. I'll make sure connection error reporting is working tonight and submit an updated app for you.