[APP][Netflix V2.1.2] Netflix Rotation Enabled App - Black /Subtitle Size Fix for TV

Search This thread

iGoOsE76

Nov 20, 2009
Manassas Park, Va.
www.facebook.com
stupid questions are asked here all the time so here's mine... Will this work on a stock mytouch 4g? I'm only asking cuz my wife has that phone and I have the sensation. it works on mine but not hers. I am wondering if its because I'm on a Gingerbread rom and she's still on froyo rom.. and I'm not sure she would let me hack her phone...

Dblfstr

Mar 25, 2010
stupid questions are asked here all the time so here's mine... Will this work on a stock mytouch 4g? I'm only asking cuz my wife has that phone and I have the sensation. it works on mine but not hers. I am wondering if its because I'm on a Gingerbread rom and she's still on froyo rom.. and I'm not sure she would let me hack her phone...

Not a stupid question. So far only custom ROMs have been able to run Netflix on their MT4G. I have not heard anything about the new V1.3.

Could you test it our and report back?

Thanks

Sweet Peaches

Oct 15, 2010
The rotation version of the application won't install I think it's because of the ROM I have on my HD2, but the new stock version does, now I don't have to worry about the lame nag "would you like to check for a new version?" XD it still worked though despite that nag.

Dblfstr

Mar 25, 2010
The rotation version of the application won't install I think it's because of the ROM I have on my HD2, but the new stock version does, now I don't have to worry about the lame nag "would you like to check for a new version?" XD it still worked though despite that nag.

You, as well as I, must uninstall the old app before instilling the modded app. Since they are signed with different keys.

The stock update will overwrite the previous stock version. But on my HD2 the mod would not overwrite the mod and the stock would not overwrite the mod and the mod would not overwrite the stock... confused? Uninstall first :D

Also, what ROM do you have?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweet Peaches

Sweet Peaches

Oct 15, 2010
You, as well as I, must uninstall the old app before instilling the modded app. Since they are signed with different keys.

The stock update will overwrite the previous stock version. But on my HD2 the mod would not overwrite the mod and the stock would not overwrite the mod and the mod would not overwrite the stock... confused? Uninstall first :D

Also, what ROM do you have?

Thanks for the information I will uninstall the Netflix application and just install the modded one and see how that goes and I'm using Lady Boo's MIUI ROM (old version but it's gingerbread) :)

.A.J.

Oct 11, 2009
lol no problem. I had no intention of making a Black one. But, I was asked to, and it seems to be pretty popular.

I really appreciate all of the feedback that you guys are giving. What do you all think about the icons?

Thank you very much for sharing your work! I am using the black version on my G2 running Cyanogenmod 7.1 Nightly 144. It's working exactly as the stock version plus the rotation. The icon looks great.

contact.ace

Apr 9, 2006
1.3 Working on Streak 5

Hi,

I tried the 1.3 Rotation Black on Dell Streak 5 with official 2.2.2.
It is working great.
Thank you.

Dblfstr

Mar 25, 2010
I hope everyone enjoyed that lengthy post containing the androidmanifest.xml

Quite amusing.

Thanks everyone for reporting back to me the device you have so I can keep the list of confirmed devices growing. And thanks for the feedback on the icons, I thought they looked awesome too!

s0be

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2007
Seattle, WA
It was alright when you posted in my thread, now the game has change...(lol) I hope you don't mind if I use some of your photoshop work, which I thought was very good, take care guy...(lol)

I can tell you're new to forums, so I'll explain this.

The first person to post in a thread(the so called Original Poster), is generally considered the thread owner. They even get a little "| OP |" next to their forum title to indicate as much. Just because you post the most in a thread does not give you squatters rights. This thread is directly about dblstfr's netflix app releases, so your post about yours would be considered marginally off topic, but even if on topic, unwelcome. I will gladly come back to 'your thread' and follow each of your release messages up with an outline of why your release does nothing special, but now that you've had your signature amended, I decided to let you just flood the other threads without being called out(as they no longer concern me).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dblfstr

Chosen_on184

Jul 27, 2009
When you apk is installedd does the market recognize it as a updated apk. I have the black version and the market still saying update available

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First and foremost: A special thanks to John, Hartley, Sam, and Keith.

<**************** Netflix-Rotation-Color ****************>

netflix3_by_farfromthebox-d41vl6a.jpg

The stock app will only allow you to browse in portrait and stream in Landscape. This app is for those of us who do not want to be limited to only these two views. This app will now allow for the screen to automatically rotate when you rotate your phone. Now you can browse in landscape and stream in portrait [if you want...]
    The attached files are modified versions of the stock market V1.4.1
    I have edited some xml files to allow screen rotation while browsing or streaming.
    I have also altered the loading screens to GREEN, ORANGE, PINK, BLACK, BLUE, and the original Netflix RED.
    The icons are created by me and correspond to the color of the loading screens. Nothing else has been touched.

Updated to version 2.1.2 Black-Rotation & Black-Rotation with large subs. (3/1/2013)

Updated to version 2.1.1 Just Black this time. (1/31/2013)

>Updated to new version 1.5.2 (11/08/2011)
    >Enabled Rotation
    >Changed loading screen to Red, Green, Orange, Pink, Black, or Blue
    >Added custom icon with android logo: red, green, orange, pink, Black, or blue.
    All mods actually done by flappjaxxx per my instructions.

>Updated to new version 1.4.1 (9/23/2011)
    >Enabled Rotation

>Updated to new version 1.4 (9/9/2011)
    >Enabled Rotation

>Updated to new version 1.3 (7/20/2011)
    >Enabled Rotation

**************************************************************************************************************************
    **************************************************************************************************************************​

If one of these apps will not install, try clearing data and uninstalling your previous app first. This should fix it.

New Netflix Rotation Enabled Apps V2.1.1: (Edited by: Dblfstr, but thanks to flappjaxxx for the rest of the colored parts. :D)
    ───────────────────────────────────
    New Netflix Black:
    Netflix-Black-Rotation-V2.1.2.apk - 11.13 MB
    Netflix-Black-Rotation-V2.1.1.apk - 11.12 MB
    Netflix-Black-Rotation-V2.1.0.apk - 11.07 MB
    Netflix-Black-Rotation-V2.0.0.apk - 9.76 MB

New Stock V2.1.1:
    Stock Netflix 2.1.1:
    com.netflix.mediaclient.apk - 11.33 MB

**************************************************************************************************************************
    **************************************************************************************************************************​
    Stock Apps - Update Check Disabled

<**************** Thanks ****************>

netflixxda_by_farfromthebox-d41adsf.png

Please give thanks to the following:
    s0be for his research in proving my assumptions.
    Mistar Muffin for his in depth analysis.
    gottahavit for giving me the idea to do all of this.
    skyjedi for letting me hijack his thread for so long.
    diablo2224 for testing and for the volume fix information.
    dizgustipated for featuring my Blue Netflix in his ROM
    flappjaxxx for updating the 1.4 (and 1.4.1) (AND OTHERS )releases of Netflix per my instructions.
    taksen for creating the subtitle modification for large subs on TV

And thanks to everyone who has downloaded and helped me test this over the past few weeks! Keep supporting xda!

FIXED SUBTITLE SIZE FOR TELEVISION DISPLAY - BY TAKSAN

This version would not be possible without the work of taksen. If you feel it necessary to show thanks to someone, please go here. It is his original post with the modded subtitle app.
    Show taksen some THANKS!

Netflix Rotation Enabled Apps with large subtitles V2.1.2: (Edited by: Dblfstr, but thanks to taksan for the subtitle code. :D)
    New Netflix Black with large subtitles for output to a television:
    Netflix-Black-Rotation-LargeSubs-V2.1.2.apk - 11.13 MB
    Netflix-Black-Rotation-LargeSubs-V2.1.1.apk - 11.12 MB

Stock with large subs V2.1.2:
    Netflix-Stock-LargeSubs-V2.1.2.apk - 11.36 MB

SCREENSHOTS

Television before modification:
    Normal+subs.jpg

Television after modification:
    Modded+subs.jpg

I would send my apk (it works for sure, it's running on my mk802), but it exceeds my file size limit.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I just uploaded the APK that I tested and worked for sure in the following place:

http://ubuntuone.com/5OhHx9zl6wf0rBBvfrCpbh
    Check out previous post!

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Here they are. Again Dblfstr made this all work I just put it in place. This should disable any update checks too. Please report back any issues

Netflix-1.5.2-Black-Rotation.apk
    Netflix-1.5.2-Blue-Rotation.apk
    Netflix-1.5.2-Green-Rotation.apk
    Netflix-1.5.2-Orange-Rotation.apk
    Netflix-1.5.2-Pink-Rotation.apk
    Netflix-1.5.2-Red-Rotation.apk