• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] NetX - Network Discovery Tools

Search This thread

NetGEL

Oct 13, 2015
Hello,
I would like to introduce my application.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tools.netgel.netx&hl

Network scan: discovers all devices connected at the network.
Displays most important information for each device connected, IP Address, MAC Address, Vendor, Bonjour Name, NetBIOS Name and Domain.
Wake On LAN (WOL): switch on a remote device from your phone or tablet when you are connected via wifi or with a mobile data connection.

Secure SHell (SSH): put a remote device in stand-by or shutdown from your phone or tablet when you are connected via wifi or with a mobile data connection.
Displays the operative system version installed on the remote device. (In the remote device must be installed and started a SSH server)

Loads off-line all devices of a network previously detected.

Adds a new network or a new device manually in order to manage all functionality for a no detected device.

Shows information about the wifi connection (external IP, signal strength, download and upload speed, subnetmask, gateway, DNS).

Shows information about the mobile provider (external IP, signal strength, download and upload speed, CID, LAC, MCC, MNC).

Wifi scan: find nearby wifi and displays SSID, signal strength, channel, encryption.

Shows graphically the band width and the overlapping between channels of wifi networks.

Themes available.

Available languages: English, Italian, German and Russian.

For questions or problems please conctact me.
Thanks.

Last edited:

NetGEL

Oct 13, 2015
I understand because I cannot paste the link. Because I'm a new user. You can search in google play NetX - Network Discovery Tools and you'll find the app.
Thanks

Last edited:

NetGEL

Oct 13, 2015
Version 1.3.0.0
- Ability to zoom the graphic channels of wireless networks detected
- Added monitoring and diagnostic of remote devices (CPU usage, RAM usage and display of free memory disks).
It's necessary SSH server installed on the remote device.

NetGEL

Oct 13, 2015
I'm adding the possibility to monitor the network.
If an unknown device is connected to the network that you are monitoring you receive a notification.
As soon as possible I'll put on the store a new release with this feature and other improvements.

Reactions: SektorZero

NetGEL

Oct 13, 2015
Version 2.0.0.0
Added a background service that monitors access to WiFi networks choices.
It's possible to monitor the access of a new device or a device unregistered (unknown).
When one of these devices is connect to the network a notification is sent.

NetGEL

Oct 13, 2015
With the new release I add these icons. If someone has some request write me.

e8ksCeD.png

G

GuestK00193

I'm adding the possibility to monitor the network.
If an unknown device is connected to the network that you are monitoring you receive a notification.

now this is interesting, something that makes this app stand out from the rest. ill download it now and will report with my experience with it.

thanks.

G

GuestK00193

K, installed it but:
-where is the new device notification setting?

The ui is great, simple. Some feature suggestions:
-traceroute / ip location
-whois
-current connections / open ports
-dns lookup and resverse lookup

An advance feature suggestion:
-os detection feature from nmap!

NetGEL

Oct 13, 2015
K, installed it but:
-where is the new device notification setting?

The ui is great, simple. Some feature suggestions:
-traceroute / ip location
-whois
-current connections / open ports
-dns lookup and resverse lookup

An advance feature suggestion:
-os detection feature from nmap!

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll implement these feature in future :)

About new device notification if you open the settings page you can see "Monitoring Wifi" parameter.
This means that every x seconds the app scans the network and checks if a new device is connected.

In order to monitoring the network you must click on the wifi symbol on the main page.
When you click on the wifi symbol you see a yellow triangle near the symbol, this means that you are monitoring that network

G

GuestK00193

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll implement these feature in future :)

About new device notification if you open the settings page you can see "Monitoring Wifi" parameter.
This means that every x seconds the app scans the network and checks if a new device is connected.

In order to monitoring the network you must click on the wifi symbol on the main page.
When you click on the wifi symbol you see a yellow triangle near the symbol, this means that you are monitoring that network
Thanks, no instruction in app about this ;)
Also you could add notification icon option for those who wanna know that the app is running in background, this also helps preventing it from being closed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    I would like to introduce my application.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tools.netgel.netx&hl

Network scan: discovers all devices connected at the network.
    Displays most important information for each device connected, IP Address, MAC Address, Vendor, Bonjour Name, NetBIOS Name and Domain.
    Wake On LAN (WOL): switch on a remote device from your phone or tablet when you are connected via wifi or with a mobile data connection.

Secure SHell (SSH): put a remote device in stand-by or shutdown from your phone or tablet when you are connected via wifi or with a mobile data connection.
    Displays the operative system version installed on the remote device. (In the remote device must be installed and started a SSH server)

Loads off-line all devices of a network previously detected.

Adds a new network or a new device manually in order to manage all functionality for a no detected device.

Shows information about the wifi connection (external IP, signal strength, download and upload speed, subnetmask, gateway, DNS).

Shows information about the mobile provider (external IP, signal strength, download and upload speed, CID, LAC, MCC, MNC).

Wifi scan: find nearby wifi and displays SSID, signal strength, channel, encryption.

Shows graphically the band width and the overlapping between channels of wifi networks.

Themes available.

Available languages: English, Italian, German and Russian.

For questions or problems please conctact me.
    Thanks.
    if someone has used my app, any advice is welcome.
    Thanks a lot
    With the new release I add these icons. If someone has some request write me.

e8ksCeD.png
    This evening I'll put on the google store the new release with some graphical improvements and a new language.