• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] New Android Market

Search This thread

Vulpix

Mar 25, 2006
Singapore
Is the mysteriously missing "update" button bug fixed yet also? Whenever I see an app with an update beside it, going into the app shows me open and uninstall, no update. WTF?

luminus

Aug 16, 2006
Antwerpen
I went back to the previous version, way to slow, my apps page take ages to load.
Overall much slower, like some say the comments for apps are not sorted by date, an app that had several updates and the first comment is one from months back is useless.
In the first place an app store should work without hickups-fast and clear to find and read about apps. The new app market doesn't fulfill those needs.

Freekers1337

Oct 20, 2010
I went back to the previous version, way to slow, my apps page take ages to load.
Overall much slower, like some say the comments for apps are not sorted by date, an app that had several updates and the first comment is one from months back is useless.
In the first place an app store should work without hickups-fast and clear to find and read about apps. The new app market doesn't fulfill those needs.

Same problem here. How can I prevent the market from updating itself ?

Thanks

yumms

Dec 13, 2010
Well the reviews on the new market are now worthless...why can't we sort the reviews by date?

I'm getting reviews from months ago.

Aiakio

Oct 18, 2010
i never did anything like that before..
got a link or something for me showing me how?

Shut down your phone -> Remove battery -> insert it again -> Press Power-Button while holding Vol-down

You are in Bootloader (now you can release Vol-down) -> Select "Recovery" with your Volume-buttons -> If selected: Press Power.

Now you see your Recovery (CWM or 4EXT or whatever)
I use 4EXT but i think its the same under ClockworkMod.
I'm sorry, i don't know your phone and setup...

advanced -> fix permissions
(navigate with volume-keys and enter with power button)

If you have any FC's, this is the first thing you can try. It will help in most cases ;)

---

Or just do it with "Rom Manager" ;)

Last edited:

JTaylor69

Feb 13, 2011
Telford
5eac3170-5774-eb29.jpg

Anyone notice something odd on the market?
Clicking it searches for it but yields no results.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Is the mysteriously missing "update" button bug fixed yet also? Whenever I see an app with an update beside it, going into the app shows me open and uninstall, no update. WTF?

The new market seems to show you EVERY app regardless of if its compatible with your device, and at the same time added additional filtering for compatibility.

I have several apps on my Nook Color which work just fine and installed from the market with no problem but the new market won't let me install or update them.

I think I'll go with the remove MarketUpdater trick and remove the update.. Meh.

XthelordinatorX

Oct 3, 2010
Shut down your phone -> Remove battery -> insert it again -> Press Power-Button while holding Vol-down

You are in Bootloader (now you can release Vol-down) -> Select "Recovery" with your Volume-buttons -> If selected: Press Power.

Now you see your Recovery (CWM or 4EXT or whatever)
I use 4EXT but i think its the same under ClockworkMod.
I'm sorry, i don't know your phone and setup...

advanced -> fix permissions
(navigate with volume-keys and enter with power button)

If you have any FC's, this is the first thing you can try. It will help in most cases ;)

---

Or just do it with "Rom Manager" ;)

i tried litterally everyting with the fixing permissions but it only gives me more fc's..

Jake-CT

Jul 27, 2011
Am-Android-Samsung!?

5eac3170-5774-eb29.jpg

Anyone notice something odd on the market?
Clicking it searches for it but yields no results.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

I saw that too. I also have the feeling that my market is no longer offering updates for any of my apps - does anyone else see that? I saw there was a new version of google+, went to update but my apps aren't showing any updates, then I scrolled down and saw google+ listed as "not installed" (when it was!) so I "re-installed" it to get the update. On rooted KG6 2.3.4 on Galaxy S2 - could be the problem? Also, the market is embarrassingly slow ever since this new version came out where the old one was very fast... suggestions welcome!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is!

Edit: Sorry for the late post, couldnt be on XDA that much today!
    Edit 2: Thanks everyone for making this my first big post! :D
    No I will not marry you, but Will take all the Thank You clicks you can give :) .

You're all welcome, gald I could help finally!
    Anyone have a workaround for rooted devices to rent movies?

you can rent the movie with a rooted device...you just can't watch it (but you can with this trick)

open terminal on phone
    Code:
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    mv /system/bin/su /system/bin/mu

close terminal and you will be able to watch rented movies on your rooted device

to revert open terminal
    Code:
    mu
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    mv /system/bin/mu /system/bin/su

google movie looks for su by name, easy work around because naming it to mu you still have suid, but rooted apps (as well as google movie) are looking for su "name" as well..with the terminal you can tell it suid is mu;)
    gsript doesn't work on this because it too looks for su on the revert
    you can copy the code to a notepad and paste it in terminal so you don't have to type every time:p