[APP] New Android Market

Search This thread

tally114

Sep 22, 2009
Hi guys,
Is it normal when you install the new market you don't get the market like on the pictures? I have a different market.

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
Got a strange issue where in the 'My Apps' list, all apps ive purchased are there, but if i go to install something it doesnt seem to sync with my gmail or something so it always asks to buy the apps, even thiugh i already have.
Anyone else had this issue/any fixes?

Sent from my GT-I9100

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Hi guys,
Is it normal when you install the new market you don't get the market like on the pictures? I have a different market.

I think you are referring to not having a 'Videos' link upon opening the Market app? It's because certain functions are locked down if your device is rooted, which is a restriction imposed by the movie rights holders.

I've rolled back to the old Market myself as the new one seems slow and clunky to me.

Reactions: roboMr.Burns

TheMathMan

Dec 30, 2009
Brighton
Right... got 3.0.27 on Cognition 1.31 but the Market is showing a lot of my paid apps as 'Buy Now's rather than 'Installing

Is this a glitch in the new Market? If so how do I install the old (on mobile so Tapatalk search is rubbish) or is there a fix?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

shinji257

Got a strange issue where in the 'My Apps' list, all apps ive purchased are there, but if i go to install something it doesnt seem to sync with my gmail or something so it always asks to buy the apps, even thiugh i already have.
Anyone else had this issue/any fixes?

Sent from my GT-I9100

Nope. It's been fine for me.

Right... got 3.0.27 on Cognition 1.31 but the Market is showing a lot of my paid apps as 'Buy Now's rather than 'Installing

Is this a glitch in the new Market? If so how do I install the old (on mobile so Tapatalk search is rubbish) or is there a fix?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Ditto as for the same as above. I've got the new market.

I think you are referring to not having a 'Videos' link upon opening the Market app? It's because certain functions are locked down if your device is rooted, which is a restriction imposed by the movie rights holders.

I've rolled back to the old Market myself as the new one seems slow and clunky to me.

I got the new one pushed to me today. I'm also using the root bypass patched version of Google Videos and it works fine. I didn't apply it myself but rather I just used the pre-patched one.

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=16930

I take no credit. It was posted a page or two back.

bluebrent420

Oct 9, 2008
houston
thanks for this

however i wish we could charge the movies and books to our account like the apps. Is that software or is that sprint not letting us.

Francois88

Jan 7, 2011
Gatineau
This new market is so laggy/slow, everytime I opened it I ended up closing it because the experience using it is so unpleasant. I can't believe Google's pushing for that. I'd much rather keep the older, maybe a bit less nicer design, but way more functional market.

sunsean

Apr 3, 2010
Anyone help me out? I just flashed to a new ROM that was bundled with the old market, but every time I try to install the .apk for the new market it says "problem parsing package" - can't get it to work!

Any tips? Tried downloading file 3 times, haven't gotten it to work.

EDIT: Worked it out with a mod, never mind.

Last edited:

07blackwater

Jul 16, 2011
This new market is so laggy/slow, everytime I opened it I ended up closing it because the experience using it is so unpleasant. I can't believe Google's pushing for that. I'd much rather keep the older, maybe a bit less nicer design, but way more functional market.

I like the old one better as well. Simple and clean.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is!

Edit: Sorry for the late post, couldnt be on XDA that much today!
    Edit 2: Thanks everyone for making this my first big post! :D
    No I will not marry you, but Will take all the Thank You clicks you can give :) .

You're all welcome, gald I could help finally!
    Anyone have a workaround for rooted devices to rent movies?

you can rent the movie with a rooted device...you just can't watch it (but you can with this trick)

open terminal on phone
    Code:
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    mv /system/bin/su /system/bin/mu

close terminal and you will be able to watch rented movies on your rooted device

to revert open terminal
    Code:
    mu
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    mv /system/bin/mu /system/bin/su

google movie looks for su by name, easy work around because naming it to mu you still have suid, but rooted apps (as well as google movie) are looking for su "name" as well..with the terminal you can tell it suid is mu;)
    gsript doesn't work on this because it too looks for su on the revert
    you can copy the code to a notepad and paste it in terminal so you don't have to type every time:p