[APP] new free utility: BlueStarter

paulwal

Dec 31, 2008
www.smartmobiletools.com
Check out Smart Mobile Tools for a free tool to automatically start an application when a configured bluetooth device is discovered.

Features:

• Starts an application on bluetooth device discovery
  • Easy Bluetooth device selection
  • Optional application start arguments
  • Low power consumption (no background service running)
  • Test option using the test button
  • 2 search modes; on a timed event or on wake up (power button pressed)

Usage examples:

• Start you GPS navigaton software when GPS mouse is switched on
  • Start Activesync when PC bluetooth device is discovered
  • Start your own application at Bluetooth device discovery

22/2/09: version 1.0.1 released solving issue with program arguments

23/8/11: version 2.0.0 released (finally), change list:
  • Widcomm Bluetooth stack support!
  • Support for up to 5 different profiles; check for different devices
  • Improved UI
  • Interval config issue fixed

please let me now your feedback or make a small donation via
Smart Mobile Tools kind regards,
Paul

Attachments

Last edited:

bsw11

Aug 29, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
alphabase.com
This is a nice app. I have one key idea for you to add to this that would make a bunch of users very happy:

The issue is that when using a stereo blue tooth device, one has to always manually activate it to make the stereo connection work.

All that is needed is to detect that the device being connect has stereo capability and force that connection to activate correctly. I have to do this manually either via A2DP toggle or HTC BT Quicklink - a royal pain.

Thanks,

Barry

vanilaguy

Sep 26, 2008
Bluetooth Stereo Connection

This is a nice app. I have one key idea for you to add to this that would make a bunch of users very happy:

The issue is that when using a stereo blue tooth device, one has to always manually activate it to make the stereo connection work.

All that is needed is to detect that the device being connect has stereo capability and force that connection to activate correctly. I have to do this manually either via A2DP toggle or HTC BT Quicklink - a royal pain.

Thanks,

Barry
Phone: HTC Touch Elfin
Headset: Motorola S9 HD
MP3 Player: S2P by A_C

Whenever i turn on my headset, it automatically fires up my mp3 player in stereo mode. And when i turn off my headset, the player also quits.

Never had a problem with it,

I suggest you check your settings.

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
All I'm getting is:

BlueStarter.exe
ArgumentNullException
An error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly containing it cannot be found

at ObjectCollection.Add()
at BlueStarter.BlueStarter..ctor()
at BlueStarter.Program.Main()

wanwarlock

Aug 13, 2006

Thanks,

Barry
+1, would like this as well. had to press a button on my o2 a2dp to have it stereo

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
It should be located in the root of your device
Nothing there, so I tried putting an empty file there. I got a different error so you could be on the right track. Or maybe it just errored out earlier.
Any other ideas?

BTW, putting a file called settings.ini in the root directory isn't a great idea anyway.

smotrs

Nov 16, 2008
So. Calif.
Touch Pro

Anyone know what the command line is to Toggle Bluetooth on or off in the presence of a know BT device? Right now I run the phone with BT turned off and have to remember to turn it on when I get in my car.

paulwal

Dec 31, 2008
www.smartmobiletools.com
Nothing there, so I tried putting an empty file there. I got a different error so you could be on the right track. Or maybe it just errored out earlier.
Any other ideas?

BTW, putting a file called settings.ini in the root directory isn't a great idea anyway.
An settings.ini should be created when you start BlueStarter, press Save and then Exit, the file should then look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!--ini file-->
<AppSettings>
<add Name="Program" Value="" />
<add Name="DeviceName" Value="empty" />
<add Name="ProgramArgument" Value="" />
</AppSettings>

You are right for version 1.1 this settings.ini file would be moved.

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
An settings.ini should be created when you start BlueStarter, press Save and then Exit, the file should then look like:

You are right for version 1.1 this settings.ini file would be moved.
I just tried creating that file with the contents you suggested and I'm back to the original error. It looks like the error happens after the settings file is read.

JukEboXAuDiO

Apr 9, 2008
How do i get this to automatically connect with bluetooth over activesync to a device?

also

How do I get this to auto connect as a hand free head set for headset?

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of Wi
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Anyone know what the command line is to Toggle Bluetooth on or off in the presence of a know BT device? Right now I run the phone with BT turned off and have to remember to turn it on when I get in my car.
How is your phone supposed to know it's in the presence of a known BT device if bluetooth is turned off ?!? DOH!

Baxxx

Nov 25, 2008
Hi!

Take a look at WifiLocations at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=448783&page=2.

It is able to switch on/off different things depending on the radio broadcasting cell you are in. So you could switch on Wifi when arriving at home or switch Bluetooth on when leavin home ....

This one in combination with Blustarter should do the trick ....

Greetz Bax

PS: haven't tried WifiLocation up to now, so don't beat me if it doesn't work...

paulwal

Dec 31, 2008
www.smartmobiletools.com
How do I set this up to automatically sync via bluetooth once in range of my PC?
the activesync application you should configure is \\windows\\repllog.exe

I found the following parameters:
/remote which appears just to start the Activesync application and
brings it to the foreground
/remote /all which starts the Activesync application, brings it to the
foreground and starts synchronising
/remote /all /h which starts the Activesync application and starts
synchronising without bringing it to the foreground

www.smartmobiletools.com