• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] NewsJet (NewsBlur/Feedly/TT-RSS/InoReader/BazQux/The Old Reader)

Search This thread

nikanorov

Jan 2, 2011
St. Petersburg
NewsJet is a smart and beautiful android feed reader app. Our mission is to develop the best feed reading experience for Android. We believe that feed reader app should be smart, fast and with awesome UI. And this is what we follow when bringing NewsJet to life.

We support the following services:

Screens:
1_framed_s.png
2_framed_s.png
3_framed_s.png

Download
Install app via Google Play

It would be great if you could give us a hand and translate this application into languages spoken by you (and regretfully not by us): http://translate.newsjet.mobi

XDA:DevDB Information
NewsJet, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
nikanorov, nikanorov

Version Information

Created 2017-03-21
Last Updated 2017-06-06

Attachments

• NewsJet-r63.apk
    2.9 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Pfhortune

Nov 13, 2012
Portland, OR
Very nice start! This is very promising! I like how you are handling the article listings, with the large thumbnails behind the headline.

A few changes I would make:
* Include an option to group together articles under a single source header. The source headers take a lot of real estate and are very visually distracting due to their brightness.
* make the source headers a outlet more subdued visually, dim the background and the text.

A couple of things I would need to make it a daily driver:
* A dark mode
* A widget

I went ahead and bought the ad free IAP to show my support. Good luck and thank you for sharing your app!

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

nikanorov

Jan 2, 2011
St. Petersburg
Very nice start! This is very promising! I like how you are handling the article listings, with the large thumbnails behind the headline.

A few changes I would make:
* Include an option to group together articles under a single source header. The source headers take a lot of real estate and are very visually distracting due to their brightness.
* make the source headers a outlet more subdued visually, dim the background and the text.

A couple of things I would need to make it a daily driver:
* A dark mode
* A widget

I went ahead and bought the ad free IAP to show my support. Good luck and thank you for sharing your app!

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
Thank you! The idea with grouping is very cool, will try to implement. Dark mode and widget are on list.

nikanorov

Jan 2, 2011
St. Petersburg
New update uploaded to Google Play (will be available in few hours)
Changelog:
  • Sync on launch option
  • Ad-layout fix
  • RTL languages fix
  • Other bug fixes
  • Localization updates
  • Feedback form

nikanorov

Jan 2, 2011
St. Petersburg
0.6.1 uploaded to Google Play [BETA]. Will be available in few hours.

All BETA users please upgrade to 0.6.1 (r19). Previous beta version had an issue that prevents NewsJet to receive new items. Please do clean install or re-sync (Settings->Experimental->Re-sync All) for the missed items.

Release version is unaffected.

nikanorov

Jan 2, 2011
St. Petersburg
New release version uploaded to Google Play. Changelog:
  • Widget (Android 3.0 and up)
  • The Old Reader API bug fix (significant sync speed increase and decrease in traffic usage)
  • [EXPERIMENTAL] Prefetch post for selected feeds option (more details: http://newsjet.mobi/full-posts-offline)
  • The Old Reader starred support
  • Drawler (feed list) font size
  • Bug fixes
  • Updated localizations

nikanorov

Jan 2, 2011
St. Petersburg
New BETA version is uploaded to Google Play. Will be available for beta testers in few hours.

Changelog:
  • Widget on lock screen
  • Widget resize fix
  • In-app web browser
  • Image save
  • Progress bar for in-app browser, Readability etc
  • Other bug fixes

nikanorov

Jan 2, 2011
St. Petersburg
Upload update to Google Play (will be available in few hours as usual). "The target server failed to respond" error fixed. If you had problems, please try again after update in few hours.

Top Liked Posts