[App] NightStand 01-04-2010

Search This thread

hermanm

Mar 26, 2008
NightStand is a simple alarm clock application with large numbers to be easily seen.

It allows for the phone to dim the screen but keeps it from turning off for that middle of the night glance to see what time it is.

Features Include:

Alarm with 8 sounds
Custom Color of the Digits
5 Minute Snooze Button
Solve an easy math problem to help you wake up (to you turn alarm off)
Automatically runs on AC power (optional)
Keep the device awake or let it go to sleep (optional)
12/24 Hour setting

How To Use:
When you run the application click on the configure button (upper right corner) to set all the settings

Three sliders allow you to set the custom color.
Alarm toggle to set the alarm and the sound.
AC Toggle to set Auto mode.

When the alarm is going off, click the snooze button to snooze or click anywhere on the screen to stop the alarm.

Update 1.1
The alarm should now go off regardless of what phase the phone is in (device awake or sleep), the app is running or not.
Screen is flipped

Update 1.2
Added an option to flip the screen

Update 1.2.1
Minor Update to start NightStand with correct orientation, Flip Screen option takes effect right away
Updated to work on HD2

Update 1.2.2
Fixed shifted screen on WVGA resolution (I think)
Added toggle for math question on exit
Phone stays awake while alarm is going off (for heavy sleepers like myself ;))

Attachments

• NightStand0.jpg
    NightStand0.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,436
  • libGLES_CM.CAB
    89 KB · Views: 520
  • NightStand_v1.1.CAB
    412.8 KB · Views: 254
  • NightStand_v1.2.CAB
    412.3 KB · Views: 157
  • NightStand_v1.2.1.CAB
    402.9 KB · Views: 379
  • NightStand_v1.2.2.CAB
    404.7 KB · Views: 2,032
  • NightStand1.jpg
    NightStand1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 785
  • NightStand2.jpg
    NightStand2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Looks nice.

A couple of issues on my TP2. The display is rotated the wrong way, and sliding the keyboard our causes it to get distorted. I'd prefer to use it with the keyboard out as I can tilt my phone ;).

I like it though, nice start.

P.S. let me know if you want the thread moving to the Development & Hacking apps forum from the Diamond one.

Dave

hermanm

Mar 26, 2008
I just uploaded an updated version, try it out and let me know if it works better with the keyboard out.

Thanks

jent.le

Apr 15, 2009
Harbin
Awesome work!I really like the big number.but,why not add a toggle button to turn off the backlight in the settings.I think it will waste lots of power when the device keeps dim.Perhaps you can add a sensor to lighten the lcd when we want to see what's the time now.

Last edited:

remotek

Oct 12, 2009
This Doesnt Work on my HTC HD2 even tho it suports WVGA Screens, WHY??

thanx.

NightStand is a simple alarm clock application with large numbers to be easily seen.

It allows for the phone to dim the screen but keeps it from turning off for that middle of the night glance to see what time it is.

Features Include:

Alarm with 8 sounds
Custom Color of the Digits
5 Minute Snooze Button
Solve an easy math problem to help you wake up (to you turn alarm off)
Automatically runs on AC power (optional)
12/24 Hour setting

How To Use:
When you run the application click on the configure button (upper right corner) to set all the settings

Three sliders allow you to set the custom color.
Alarm toggle to set the alarm and the sound.
AC Toggle to set Auto mode.

When the alarm is going off, click the snooze button to snooze or click anywhere on the screen to stop the alarm.

shiguo

It crashes if you run the app with the keyboard out, and it is still upside down if I open the Keyboard after running the app.

Ta
Dave

same here. Great work though! Love it.

it rotates correctly on my tp2, thanks just what i was looking for

does yours work when u slide open the keyboard and tilt it? i know i can use changescreen to change to rotation but it doesn't work with the keyboard open.

edit: i've jus hard reset and it works fine now even with keyboard open. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

bensson83

Jul 12, 2009
same here, on my HD2:( I've got only two color squares in the corners and one big rectangle in the middle... so no clock. settings and exit "square" button work well.

Last edited:

davecash

Nov 7, 2008
Not working on my HD2 either. Two boxes of colour on each side of the left hand side of the screen - one to change settings and one to exit plus a big box in the middle which is meant to be the digits i guess.

Feldhege

Jan 19, 2009
I got the same error on my omnia.

Can't find PInvoke DLL 'libgles_cm.dll'.

Please try to fix it. This is the program that I have been waiting for. Too Cool.

Robb

godsimon

Jan 5, 2010
I got this error message when opening this program:
"MissingMethodException
This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft® .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on this device."

Please help.

Feldhege

Jan 19, 2009
Ok now working on my Omnia after installing 1.1 and the libgs cab you posted.

Two things.

First, if you have SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 installed, the app comes up but is shifted slightly. I believe this is because they do something with the top windows start bar. Not a huge deal but something I thought you could check into.

Secondly, Could you have a setting to determine which way to have the screen flip? I would like it 180 from where it is now. My power plug ends up on the bottom and so the phone won't sit level. If it was landscape but the other way, it would be perfect for the omnia.

Thanks,
Robb