[APP][NO ROOT] SkyGo for Fire TV

Search This thread

I_did_it_just_tmrrow

Feb 27, 2011
hi there,
would love an install guide. got all necceassry tools... (tank)
This is amazing work.
Will it work for Italian Sky Go app?
Can it be packed as magisk module or anything able to not make people flash a whole different image?

Thanks for this great work.
Pino.
I would be interested as well! That would be really nice.
I write statto99 pn to bring our progress together. I think this would be a great idea and it is not boring for me to bring up this alone.
Yesterday I did a checkout of my self created magisk-module. I need to check if its still running and working.

Reactions: puppinoo

gb160

Oct 20, 2019
http:**www*mediafire.com/file/cha1q0d934gl30d/sky.zip/file

Theres a services.jar file in the zip that needs changing once sky go is working. Should then hopfully allow prime video to work also

adb reboot recovery
adb mount -o rw /system
adb push services.jar /system/framework/
adb reboot

Any chance you can re-up this buddy?
That link is down for me.

dennis148

Aug 15, 2008
any1 knows what to do when booting fireiso and get the msg videomode not supported?
(Dell Lattitude 3510)

gb160

Oct 20, 2019
@statto99

It would be really appreciated if yourself, or any other user could re-upload the latest zip file for this.
I have the issue where Prime isn't working so I need the services.jar file which wasn't included in the original zip.

Cheers.

gb160

Oct 20, 2019
Well it looks like @statto99 has disappeared from existence.

If anyone else even has the original zip (with 6.2.7.3-mantis-skygo.zip and the original skygo.apk) it would be massively appreciated, I'm getting desperate here.

Cheers.

Reactions: puppinoo

G S W

Mar 27, 2017
Anyone can reuplaod the apk? Mega link is down:

Reactions: skylow

I_did_it_just_tmrrow

Feb 27, 2011
http:**www*mediafire.com/file/cha1q0d934gl30d/sky.zip/file

Theres a services.jar file in the zip that needs changing once sky go is working. Should then hopfully allow prime video to work also

adb reboot recovery
adb mount -o rw /system
adb push services.jar /system/framework/
adb reboot
hey @statto99 . I did a test this weekend of my old hdmi state disable magisk module. I did what it should, it changed the state of the hdmi-bit file but sadly sky-go app is going crazy and seems to check more stuff.

Can you tell us a bit more about the changes you made and where we can get the source-rom. I think I am able to do the build on a azure-vm but I need to know the steps I need to made.

Greetings by Idijt

Reactions: johnny_cage

I_did_it_just_tmrrow

Feb 27, 2011

If anyone else even has the original zip (with 6.2.7.3-mantis-skygo.zip and the original skygo.apk) it would be massively appreciated, I'm getting desperate here.

Cheers.
Can anyone reupload the latest File? The Link is down

Found it in an old backup of 6.2.7.3-mantis-skygo.zip:
MD5
Code:
ac77a16f261e04424d317fc92bc5dbdd
alt:

My dl-date of this file was Mo 19 Okt 2020, so I think it does not contain the prime-video fixes

Greetings by Idijt

Last edited:

I_did_it_just_tmrrow

Feb 27, 2011
I just discovered this solution and it works well on my rooted tablet (latest magisk) with the latest sky go germany app. To disable the "vgdrm helper service" i used warden.

Would you think this maybe a solution for a rooted aftv as well?
Thx for the information. App manager is awesome and brings back sky-go on my rooted davinci phone but not on my nvidia shieldtv (foster) yet.

What did you exactly do with Warden and did you combined it with app manager?

BTW: ushare module sounds nice:

neonblind

May 2, 2015
I only use warden and did the exact same thing as mentioned in the other sky go thread, disabling the specific service. i think warden and app manager have many features in common.

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
This forum hasnt had any updates in a long time. I'm interested in fixing Skygo for the NS6273 version and for the time being, if theres any other active developers interested in fixing up the Fire OS specifically for the 4K (mantis), I'd strongly appreciate it. I'm wanting to fix this app and learn as I go if anyone can help?

Reactions: puppinoo and dom019

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Modified version of SkyGo for Fire TV

Sky-Go-2018.04.12.apk

Modifications:
    • App is up and running again
    • Updates blocked
    • Icon customized

This is the German version, the UK app cannot be patched.

The liboemcrypto disablers only result was that Netflix did not work anymore so I removed it.
    Trying to add debugging output to VGDrmBaseService.smali did not work either, then the VGDrmBaseService Threads do not start and you get a TimeOutException. My guess is, that this is started from the libvgc.so and the size/checksum/contents of the class is checked, because even changing one constant from 0x04 to 0x02 led to that behaviour, reverting the smali back to what it was fixed the problem.

Cheers.
    Can anyone reupload the latest File? The Link is down

Found it in an old backup of 6.2.7.3-mantis-skygo.zip:
    MD5
    Code:
    ac77a16f261e04424d317fc92bc5dbdd
    alt:

My dl-date of this file was Mo 19 Okt 2020, so I think it does not contain the prime-video fixes

Greetings by Idijt
    Interesting. Keep investigating/reporting, please ;) :good:
    One thing I know from my tablet is that Magisk hide is necessary... and the magisk manager needs to be repacked/renamed to manager, easy to do as there is an option for that in settings.
    Can't remember in detail, I think without gapps the app won't play too, but I haven't tried it for a year or so, idk.
    Since Kindle/Fire Tablets are supported by Sky Go App these days, spoofing the manufacturer is probably not neccessary as well as installing play services (gms and gsf), there is code that builds the URL to query either amazon store or playstore (depending if manufacturer is Amazon it returns either one as default and the other as backup). There is probably a check (I have not found it yet) if the sky package is available in either of the stores and if its not, then the app is probably throwing an error message.
    The URL could possibly be used to compare the installed version vs. the available versions in the store to make things more difficult.
    Not to mention the check if /sys/devices/virtual/switch/hdmi/state contains anything other than 0. Which is also done in libvgc.so. I need to check if the 0 can be injected without harm to the running fireos. In addition sky registers a listener to get notified if the state changes (plug/unplug).

So in theory the app should run on fire os, but making it pass the checks is the challenge.
    And yes, I am talking about using the app with a valid payed Sky account, just on the device of my choice (Fire TV Stick 4k). If the Apps on the Sky boxes weren't that limited (no Eurosport Player, no Amazon, almost all other streaming vendors missing except Netflix), I would save the efforts. The sky mini box is too big, limited in apps too and I still would need the fire tv stick and switch hdmi ports on the TV and use two remotes, which is a pain.
    I had a look at the sky app, as mentioned there are multiple checks. One of the checks is for manufacturer=Amazon, which can be fixed by using Magisk.
    Another thing is that the sky app asks the UI manager what type it is and if UI_MODE_TYPE_TELEVISION (4) it returns TV and quits with error 20190005 device not supported.
    Does anyone have an idea if the return value of class android.app.UiModeManager and method getCurrentModeType() can be tweaked with Magisk?
    The UiModeManager comes from a typecast from what method getSystemService(Context.UI_MODE_SERVICE) of class android.content.Context returns.
    There is also a check for ro.platform.has.tvuimode, but I have not found that being set in the firetv stick 4k.