Jul 31, 2016
Munich

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
same quality.
du kleiner perfektionist :D
beneaNo.png

You apparently didn't install v2, because the icon is now only black & white to exclude all other "error" sources ;)

anubis.genix

May 29, 2006
That's how v2 looks on mine. Quite strange that the previous colored logo still can be found under my apps and channels.
Logos like twitch or rocket beans look crisp. It shouldn't be a scaling issue or does it look better on a 4K TV? IMG_20181127_224058.jpeg

mbe23

Dec 5, 2018
No bt2020 for HDR

the xda youtube app is not using bt2020 for hdr, only rec709.
HDR mode is triggered but wrong color space.

Tested on FireTV Stick 4k.

Last edited:

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Ok this project was discontinued. But why 1st post contents were deleted?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Most of it doesn't work anymore anyway, Amazon has done everything to block such software and methods. I'm sorry for the removal of the apps, but I asked the XDA people if they could open their own channel for Sony Android TV or Mi Box, but I didn't get any feedback due to lack of interest? Therefore I am also not interested in leaving my guides and apps here.

Reactions: tw39515

Chlorophyll

Mar 2, 2012
kakinada AP
Most of it doesn't work anymore anyway, Amazon has done everything to block such software and methods. I'm sorry for the removal of the apps, but I asked the XDA people if they could open their own channel for Sony Android TV or Mi Box, but I didn't get any feedback due to lack of interest? Therefore I am also not interested in leaving my guides and apps here.
Thanks for the reply bro. But youtube tv app still working for me on firetv gen 2.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

tw39515

Oct 14, 2006
HTC Leo
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

I am sorry you feel that way, Just wanted say your work was much appreciated.

Reactions: rainman74

funnypanks

Aug 10, 2013
then be glad, and see how long it goes on ;)

Did I miss something? Did something change lately? Your apps have been awesome on my machines and I really appreciate all that you've done. I'm just wondering what made you decide to leave? Your youtube runs perfectly on my pendent ftv3. And launcherhijack was just updated to work on it as well!

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Did I miss something? Did something change lately? Your apps have been awesome on my machines and I really appreciate all that you've done. I'm just wondering what made you decide to leave? Your youtube runs perfectly on my pendent ftv3. And launcherhijack was just updated to work on it as well!

yes with new hacks and workarounds again and again it may go on for a while, but the way Amazon enforces its restrictions is no longer tolerable for me. With my Mi Box S as an example I have the newest ingenious Android TV 8.1, all apps work including YouTube, YouTube Live TV & Amazon Prime out of the box and you don't have to modify anything at all. Any app you don't need can be deactivated or uninstalled at any time. And about the high quality of Google Assistant compared to Alexa I won't start now... ;)

And you don't need sideloading any more, it's all in the Google Play Store, Kodi, etc..

And faster than any Fire TV the Mi Box is also, both in the menu, and in Ultra HD with 60fps. Amazon's strategy of wanting to be like a closed system like Apple TV is ridiculous. It has only disadvantages, I really see no reason to buy a Fire TV again and then modify it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts