j4velin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de

I'm proud to present my new app: Notification Toggle.

With this app, you can place different toggles into your Android status/notification bar for quick access without having a dozen toggle-widgets on your homescreens ;)

You can choose which toggles to display in the settings of the app. You can also change the color of the icons as well as the icons completly to fit your systems design.

The app is for free in the Play Store, would be nice to get some feedback :)

Download

Some notes:
  • not every toggle will work on every device: especially the flashlight functionallity is very erratic and every manufacturer implemented it somehow different. you should install TeslaLED in addition to notification toggle
  • some settings aren't changeable by user apps, so it will bring you directly to the android settings (like GPS since Android 2.3)
  • if have a rooted device, you can install the app in /system/app to directly toggle GPS even on Android 2.3+ Click here for more information
  • Issues with the TalkBack service? See here

Some nice icons: (you can also use this app on Android 2.3+ to download the icons)

XDA:DevDB Information
Notification Toggle, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
Last Updated 2014-11-06

Attachments

Last edited:

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Works great, needs some theme support or basic coloring of the icons would be great,

Any chance that we can change stuff straight from the status bar, without having the pop-up menu like in CM7 status bar,
yeah, some skinning stuff is on my to-do list... edit: icons are now changable through menu -> skin
toggling without the pop-up is possible on some devices (e.g. on a htc legend with stock rom) but on most it handles only one click-event per notification. unfortunately it seems not to be possible for user apps to change that

Last edited:

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
well, there might be some hacks to somehow toggle the GPS, but the official google API doesn't allow you to do that.
actually, android itself turns the GPS off is no app is using it. so google intention is that you let the gps settings enabled and let the system handle turning it on and off

martyxng

Sep 5, 2007
The app works well, except the flashlight (which was the main reason I downloaded the app) does not work for me at all. It's a Samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate on Verizon). The phone DOES have a flash, but no change when I toggle.

Ciela

Aug 20, 2010
Perth
Just gave it a try on my LeeDroid (2.4) Desire, works quite well

The lack of Power Control Widgets in the notification bar has been one of the major things stopping me from moving to the Gingerbread LeeDroid build, this may just make me move on over

cyruz1

Nov 24, 2010
Looks great, I'm about to try it out.

The marker screenshot shows that there's no percentage display for adjusting brightness. Would be great if I could actually see how much % of brightness I set! :)

JosephAGT

Oct 17, 2010
i recently changed from a gingerbread sense rom to a nexus S rom on my HD2
I much preferred it but the only thing i was missing was notification toggle....NOW i have again :) thank you very much!

One thing I would like is if notifications could appear ABOVE the settings rather than below it- if this is possible?

jkolner

Sep 8, 2009
Aalborg
Somthimes you find a app wich should have been part of Androide, and this is such a app!

1 thing im missing is the posibility to toggle betwen no sound AND no vibrate or Normal. Now you can only toggle betwen Normal and Vibrate.

adri_1

Mar 6, 2011
Just tried it on my Legend: works great.

Here's a couple of suggestions though :

Would be nice if the icons were grey whenever it's off. For example, if my WiFi is turned off, the icon would be grey, and black when it's turned on.
I also believe you can toggle GPS directly. Oh, and by the way, when I click on GPS my phone shows the security (lock screen and stuff) settings instead of the GPS settings.

I would love a Battery icon (with percentage) and a volume control shortcut.

Anyway, thanks for all your work ;)