[APP] [Nov/09]New Manila TV Player for TF3D 2.0/2.1/2.5

Search This thread

Anastomosys

Dec 20, 2009
Porto
Hello

Last night install Manilla TV Player 2.5 WVGA v1.1 cab, wth success but lost 3 icon inside TAB(Facebook, eReader and Call History).

My ROM version: 04.Jul.2010 WWE Energy Leo 23569 Sense2.5 GTX Themed 4 July.

Anyone Know what can i do to have new Manilla TV player inside TAB without lost other 3 icons?

I install manilla .cab after desactivate HTC Sense, but problem is the same.

Hope to have some help
Many Thanks

jrange1

Jul 29, 2008
Step 1 - Scroll to the top of this page
Step 2 - Just below the first banner ad, look for "Search this Thread"
Step 3 - In Search this Thread dialog box, type "US streams" (without the double quotes)
Step 4 - Tap "Go"
Step 5 - Read and download streams/channels
quite....very quite..lol
i have been reading for a week now and have not gotten anywhere but i will keep these steps in mind.
by the way i am still lost at "
1 - Edit ManilaTV.xml

Download clean ManilaTV.xml here
Open ManilaTV.xml with your xml editor you can see this
After editing replace ManilaTV.xml in your phone in \Application Date \Manila TV Player\
because the link dont work.......

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
Hello, great job, it works perfectly.

Only slight drawback : it doesn't feature a landcape display mode, so using for instance ChangeScreen won't display it nicely, but it's not lethal ! :D

The other drawback (not directly related to this mod) is the fact that you can never freely add a single tab to Manila : you have to update the entire tabs list by overwriting the previous one.

So just installing the CAB will generally result in a big mess, as some of your existing tabs will disappear, and not all of them will be manageable from the HTC parameters.

Actually, the CAB should be given in two parts : one with the necessary files to have the TV tab working, and another one to display it, made on purpose for the ROM you're actually using.

As I'm now using NRGZ28's Energy ROMs, I made a variant for this CAB that will work with them, without touching the existing tabs... But beware : it will only work with Energy ROMs or any other displaying the same tabs.

You'll then end up with 17 fully functional tabs, all being manageable in the HTC tabs parameters (to hide / display them and change their order).

This is done by manually modifying the 26948339_manila and the registry.

If you don't use an Energy ROM, please don't use the attached CAB, as tabs definitions contain links to M9 modules in Manila files that can be absent from your system, and TF3D / Sense could hang on startup.

Energy ROMs contain "Recent documents", "All phone calls", "Twitter" and "Facebook" tabs that may be absent from your own configuration, so Sense may crash on startup if you try to use this CAB while the necessary Manila files can't be found.

You can of course download it anyway and edit the 26948339_manila XML file if you're at ease with it, but you could do it from Drg's original file too, though I also fixed the registry entries in the attached CAB.

Note that in my CAB, the TV tab is numbered "16" (tabs are numbered from 0, so the number 16 is actually the 17th) so it doesn't interfere with the already existing tabs (that's why it appears in the list from HTC parameters and can be moved where you want to, while it couldn't be done in the original CAB). The original CAB was designed for a 12-tabs only template.

Also remember that if you wish to translate the new tab's buttons to another language, then you'll have to modify the usual 17956b33_manila file, too. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: eddyve

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas

Only slight drawback : it doesn't feature a landcape display mode, so using for instance ChangeScreen won't display it nicely, but it's not lethal ! :D

The other drawback (not directly related to this mod) is the fact that you can never freely add a single tab to Manila : you have to update the entire tabs list by overwriting the previous one.

So just installing the CAB will generally result in a big mess, as some of your existing tabs will disappear, and not all of them will be manageable from the HTC parameters.

Actually, the CAB should be given in two parts : one with the necessary files to have the TV tab working, and another one to display it, made on purpose for the ROM you're actually using.

As I'm now using NRGZ28's Energy ROMs, I made a variant for this CAB that will work with them, without touching the existing tabs... But beware : it will only work with Energy ROMs or any other displaying the same tabs.

You'll then end up with 17 fully functional tabs, all being manageable in the HTC tabs parameters (to hide / display them and change their order).

If you don't use an Energy ROM, please don't use the attached CAB, as tabs definitions contain links to M9 modules in Manila files that can be absent from your system, and TF3D / Sense could hang on startup.

Energy ROMs contain "Recent documents", "All phone calls", "Twitter" and "Facebook" tabs that may be absent from your own configuration, so Sense may crash on startup if you try to use this CAB while the necessary Manila files can't be found.

You can of course download it anyway and edit the 26948339_manila XML file if you're at ease with it, but you could do it from Drg's original file too, though I also fixed the registry entries in the attached CAB.

Note that in my CAB, the TV tab is numbered "16" (tabs are numbered from 0, so the number 16 is actually the 17th) so it doesn't interfere with the already existing tabs (that's why it appears in the list from HTC parameters and can be moved where you want to, while it couldn't be done in the original CAB). The original CAB was designed for a 12-tabs only template.

Also remember that if you wish to translate the new tab's buttons to another language, then you'll have to modify the usual 17956b33_manila file, too. :)

I installed this on my July 16th Energy Rom Sense 2.5 Standard and sense would no longer load :(

flow68

Sep 23, 2009

C'est vraiment du bon boulot (on peut parler francais je pense ^^)
it rocks
Mais pourrais tu fournir le cab avec les streams pour Bouygues ? les autres, sfr et orange, sont téléchargeables dans win-mobile forum. La config Bouygues est incluse dans le premier cab..... celui qui déconne.
Bref, si tu peux regarder.
Et encore merci, là ou j'ai échoué, tu as réussi ^^ bravo.

_LeCiel_

Sep 10, 2009
lukebasarab.deviantart.com
Testers needed

I need people who use the following Tab's in Sense 2.5 (WVGA) to help me fix the slider fo a new Sense 2.5 Theme/Mod .sencity:

- Facebook Tab
- E-Reader Tab
- Call History Tab
- Manila TV Tab
- Programs Tab (for Sense 2.5)
- GPS Tracker
- RSS Reader

You would be asked to:

Take a few screenshots of the UI (with ShakeAndSave) and send them to me in a PM. Then you'd get some modified manila files to copy to \Windows, restart and take screenshots again. After that you'll get the new, corrected files which one more time need to be copied to \Windows and "photographed" in action. If everything works file you can place the backed up files and move on with the slider you used before the testing. :) A hard reset shouldn't be required but it's something that should be took in consideration when testing my slider icons.

PM me if you'd like to help :)

raphaelb96

Aug 9, 2010
noob

im kinda a noob and i was wonderin what was th difference between wvga and vga. and what is the footprints about?

JBT1

Mar 20, 2007
Near Sainte Victoire, France

Hi Z80-Man,

I try your cab but it fail to works. Sence cannot start!

I have however a doubt. What do we have to install and in which order ?

I beleive Manila TV PLayer 2.5 WVGA need to be installed, but as mentioned by netdrg, the 2.5 version is dedicated to cookers, so installing it seems useless.

Here is what I try:
Stop sense, install netdrg cab in version 2.5 WGA then install your cab, reset, re-enable sense and then sense fail to start.

Any help is welcome because Orange TV player is not so sexy :)

I forgot to mention I hown a HD2 and running Energy.Leo.23127.Sense2.5.FRA.Cookie.Aug.28.

Thanks for your help.

Ps: as you I'm french, if you prefer talking in french to solve any issue, we can proced by PM and finally post the result.

InfX

May 1, 2008
...This is done by manually modifying the 26948339_manila and the registry...

Can you please provide some more info about this ?

About editing the 26948339_manila xml, my bet is that simply removing the tabs i don't have and re-numbering the "Order" attribute should be enough...

But what should i edit in the registry ?

Sorry for the noob questions, but i am really not familiar with manila internal configuration structure.

NOTE: I run one of the NRG ROMs, yet, i can't just use your cab file, i don't have the "docexplorer.page" tab in the ROM.

InfX

May 1, 2008
Forget my previous post, wasn't hard to find it out myself, sorry for asking. BTW, the task of adding/removing a tab to 26948339_manila + registry should, in fact, be a part of setup.dll, and really shouldn't be hard to code.

InfX

May 1, 2008
Grrr, i wish i could edit my own posts...

Anyway, after noticing this TV tab actually starts the normal WM player to play the streams, how the heck do i cause it to actually stretch the videos to full screen ?

polanco28

May 4, 2010
manila tv

some one can tell me what to do to see any chanel in my htc rhodium i instaled manila tv player for tf3d .i hve only the app but i can see nothing .iam in u.s.a.

tektus

Oct 17, 2007
germany
ManilaTv Player tab icons

Here is My new tab icons cab for ManilaTv player,With shadow and
Without shadow.

with.png
cab link....

without.png
cab link....

Last edited:

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
Hi !

Sorry, I should consider checking this topic more often... :p

BTW, the task of adding/removing a tab to 26948339_manila + registry should, in fact, be a part of setup.dll, and really shouldn't be hard to code.
Oh, it's not as simple.

It involves text recognition / adding relevant text to the existing one, plus tabs renumbering. Sort of a syntax analyzer...

Meltwater made that (check the "SenseUtil" topic), but I have to say I just tested it, and Sense just crashed on rebooting, so there's still some work to achieve (I'll post information on his topic soon to help him sorting things out).

Anyway, I found a simpler, yet a bit dull (for me to make the many CABs :p), method to add tabs without hassle. I just made a lot of small CABs for almost every tabs combination ! :p

I'm not finished yet, as I didn't go as far as RSS tab or other exotic ones, such as GPS navigation or old-fashioned "All Programs" tab, but the RSS one will be included soon anyway, and I'll add the Call History tab too, or more precisely, I'll remove it from some CABs, as what I'm offering now was made with Energy ROMs in mind, and they all include this tab.

Anyway, after noticing this TV tab actually starts the normal WM player to play the streams, how the heck do i cause it to actually stretch the videos to full screen ?
Just click on the "Full screen" button (the square with a smaller square in an angle) ! :p

OK, then time to download new versions.

Tab program and files :

This version is special, as it has absolutely NO TAB DEFINITION included, so it can't crash Sense by itself, but the tab won't show until you activate it using the procedure detailled below.

It also contains the new icons, "without shadow" version, plus a fully transparent 14A15EC1_manila, as Tektus' CAB actually still contained the old-fashion (square TV set) one ; anyway, this icon was intended for opaque sliders, and since Energy ROMs (and most modern themes) use a transparent slider, this one should not be used at all (actually, it's just fully transparent, so it doesn't show over the slider and the background icons).

Also note I didn't add new channels : you'll have to collect your own webTV channels addresses and add them in the database.

Here is the link to the CAB :

Z80_XDA_TV_Player_WVGA.cab

Tab activation :

To activate the tab, you'll have to modify 26948339_manila and the registry, but this task is now very easy, provided you have any of the combinations included in the zip file offered below.

The .zip file just contains a collection of tabs definitions, registry settings and a void manilaFull.xml to force Sense rebuilding. Just download it, open it, and copy to your phone the CAB that suits your exact setup.

The names should be self-explanatory. :)

The provided combinations in this version include the following tabs for now :

- Footprints
- Documents
- eReader
- XDA TV

All possible combinations are represented (except for the "none of them" one, as it should be your possible situation before adding any tab ! :p), so you should find what you're needing in it.

Note that the following tabs are considered already present :

- Twitter
- Facebook
- Call History

Plus of course all the original ones (Weather, Stocks, etc.)

You may have trouble if you try to install one of these CABs on a system that wouldn't have them already (Sense doen't like tabs definitions pointing to absent programs).

Remember I made them with Energy ROMs in mind.

Here is the link to the collection of tabs enabling CABs :

Manila_Tabs_Def.zip

One last important word : I renamed the "Manila TV" CAB to "XDA TV" on purpose, as the tab definition actually differs from the original HTC "Manila TV" : instead of a Mode9 program, the tab actually launches an LUA script.

These CABs are then absolutely specific to Netdrg's TV tab from this very topic. Don't use them with any other HTC Manila TV based CABs !

I still have to warn Meltwater on this and find a solution to take this difference in consideration and offer a choice between the two versions.

In the meanwhile, the CABs collection I offer here are made for the TV tab from this topic only. Of course, you are free to use all the other ones that don't involve the TV tab to add other tabs to your system (Footprints, Documents or eReader).

I tested this TV tab and my new "tab-less" Documents tab on my HD and my HD2, and activated the tabs using 17tabs_Doc_TV_FP.CAB on my HD2, and 16tabs_Doc_TV.CAB on my HD (since HD versions Energy ROMs don't have a Footprint tab), and all works flawlessly.

Enjoy ! :)

Attachments

• Manila_Tabs_Def.zip
    47 KB · Views: 73
  • Z80_XDA_TV_Player_WVGA.cab
    116.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi Z80-Man,

you are not alone ;). I have managed now that sense util from meltwater can run with more then one tab. All is fixed also for the manila tv player tab. In posting 108 of meltwaters sense util thread you can find all of them ;)

BTW - for all of us:
i am searching all the time for good channels and the right graphics. If there something for me? I am sooo lazy :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [size=+6]New Manila TV PLayer[/size]

Manila TV PLayer is a tab to add in TF3D & TF3D2 but in this the landscape don't work properly.
    This add-on is based on tab from orange tab tv i'm modificated to work with all languagues and other streams.

[size=+3]Now is many re-write to use more simple and now you can choose your stream player!![/size]

[size=+2] Videos in youtube[/size]

[size=+2]How to create your streams for Manila TV Player [/size]

[size=+1] 1 - Edit ManilaTV.xml[/size]

Download clean ManilaTV.xml here
    Open ManilaTV.xml with your xml editor you can see this
    After editing replace ManilaTV.xml in your phone in \Application Date \Manila TV Player\

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <Channels>
      <Channel ID="http://www.todaypda.com/en/stream/play/television_4141_Eurosportnews.asx"
               Name="Eurosport News"
               Description="24 hour sports news"
               LargeIconUrl="\Application Data\Manila TV Player\logos\?logo_name?.png"
               SmallIconUrl="\Application Data\Manila TV Player\logos\?logo_name?_mini.png" 
               Player="\Windows\wmplayer.exe" />
      <Channel ID=""
               Name=""
               Description=""
               LargeIconUrl="\Application Data\Manila TV Player\logos\?logo_name?.png"
               SmallIconUrl="\Application Data\Manila TV Player\logos\?logo_name?_mini.png" 
               Player="" />
    </Channels>

ID="The stream Link"
    Name="The stream name"
    Description="Here the drescription of stream"
    LargeIconUrl="\Application Data\Manila TV Player\logos\?logo_name?.png" - this png is 200x200 px
    SmallIconUrl="\Application Data\Manila TV Player\logos\?logo_name?_mini.png" - this png is 64x64 px
    Player="" - Your stream player , Coreplayer , TCPMP , WMplayer, Opera , IE , HTC Stream media
    ex:
    Player="\Windows\OperaL.exe"
    Player="\Windows\wmplayer.exe"
    Player="\Program Files\CorPlayer\player.exe"

Is planed make work in landscape but no date actually

[size=+1]Before install disable HTC Sense or TF3D[/size]

[size=+2]Manila HTC Sence 2.5.19xx[/size]

Manila TV PLayer 2.5 WVGA Only for cookers no find a way to active this after
    Manila TV PLayer 2.5 VGA Only for cookers no find a way to active this after

[size=+2]Manila HTC Sence 2.1.19xx[/size]

Manila TV PLayer 2.1 WVGA

[size=+2]Manila TF3D 2.0 & 2.1 [/size]

Manila TV PLayer 2.0 & 2.1 WVGA
    Manila TV PLayer 2.0 & 2.1 VGA

[size=+2]Manila TF3D 1.X[/size]

[size=+2]Thank's to donators[/size]

Code:

If you make stream files send me to share with others thank's ;)