[APP] NovaFreq v1.2.1 (For Novatek Panels Only) [ Updated 07/18/10 ]

Search This thread

TheMike1

Jun 15, 2010
Ok, running ffolkes kernel, was messing around with the settings and could not break the 30fps with 340, 361 or 400. Finally set it to 250, and am now getting AVG of 41fps pretty consistently. Nice :D

Jonnyshatter

Account currently disabled
Jun 22, 2010
Usa
i am an experienced crapple jailbreaker, but am new to the whole android "root" and etc... rooted for the first time yestersay (trial and error), so noob question:

-Any custom kernel that is built off of toastcfh's htc source

i am rooted and running fresh 1.0.1. will this work for me? and can i get a confirmation of a working camera? much appreciated response...

AssassinsLament

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2007
Twin Cities
i am an experienced crapple jailbreaker, but am new to the whole android "root" and etc... rooted for the first time yestersay (trial and error), so noob question:

-Any custom kernel that is built off of toastcfh's htc source

i am rooted and running fresh 1.0.1. will this work for me? and can i get a confirmation of a working camera? much appreciated response...

Working camera, but you'll need to flash netarchy's kernel... i posted the link above your post.

Jonnyshatter

Account currently disabled
Jun 22, 2010
Usa
so ill flash that kernal, then reboot and flash this one? is there bad, if any screen tearing too? and if i dont like it, i can nandroid restore to the point right before flashing, and keep the original kernal? thanks so much...

btw i have a novatek. so no screen tearing, right?

Last edited:

AssassinsLament

Jun 8, 2007
Twin Cities
so ill flash that kernal, then reboot and flash this one? is there bad, if any screen tearing too? and if i dont like it, i can nandroid restore to the point right before flashing, and keep the original kernal? thanks so much...

btw i have a novatek. so no screen tearing, right?

This is not a kernel, it's an application that changes settings in the kernel. There shouldn't be any screen tearing, but it depends on what your settings are at.

xweaponx

Nov 27, 2007
I got a FC with every attempt to change the "Favorite" from 429 to 250, 300, etc.

Change wouldn't take...

Running OMJ's latest 1.8
Netarchy 3.7.1
Normal volting overclocking to 1,152

catpunt

Apr 25, 2006
wow that new default of 380 is the smoothest i've seen, with the best fps/stddev i've gotten

AssassinsLament

Jun 8, 2007
Twin Cities
I got a FC with every attempt to change the "Favorite" from 429 to 250, 300, etc.

Change wouldn't take...

Running OMJ's latest 1.8
Netarchy 3.7.1
Normal volting overclocking to 1,152

Which version of NovaFreq are you using? I can't reproduce it, if it's still happening, uninstall, and reinstall. When doing commands, don't do them too fast because the system can't keep up. The graphics interface is usually busy, so doing too many commands, too fast... won't register correctly.

ViViDboarder

Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Hey, are there any downsides to running a lower number? Also, what do these numbers represent exactly?

Should I be going with the highest one that has a good smooth frame-rate? Or if 250 gets me a lot of fps should I just use that?

Thanks for the app!

AssassinsLament

Jun 8, 2007
Twin Cities
Hey, are there any downsides to running a lower number? Also, what do these numbers represent exactly?

Should I be going with the highest one that has a good smooth frame-rate? Or if 250 gets me a lot of fps should I just use that?

Thanks for the app!

The lower the number, the higher your LCD frequency is performing at. So 250, is putting your LCD frequency at 80hz. In theory, that would mean it is working more.

250 = 80hz
340 = 60hz (Stock)
380 = 54hz (netarchy's Kernel Default v3.7.2a)