[APP] OblyAutomator - An automatic tile downloader that works with OblyTile

Search This thread

thomasw234

Apr 22, 2009
Hello! If you've used OblyTile in the past, you'll know what an excellent piece of software it is. I always thought that the process of resizing icons was a bit tedious though, and when my Windows 8 install corrupt itself, I couldn't be bothered to start again. OblyAutomator should provide a solution to this. My website hosts an online database with applications, and icons that are suitable for each application. Users are presented with a choice of icons, and OblyAutomator calls OblyTile with the correct parameters, which creates the new tile.

This is a video of OblyAutomator in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZmr8tdUOaE

Attached is OblyAutomator. It also requires OblyTile (v0.91) in the same directory. Also included is TileUploader, which allows you to add links to icons to the database. I will moderate these, so your icon link won't appear until I've decided that it's suitable and of a high quality.

I'm not sure if there's a demand for an app like this. This is a very early version, and may have a lot of bugs. Please post your thoughts and comments below!

Thanks,
Thomas

12/06/2013: Version 0.11 Uploaded that prevents crashes when searching for applications, and when deleting temporary files.

Last edited:

jonezis

Oct 16, 2008
Thanks, this looks great, but I only get error when I start this program. See attachment.

thomasw234

Apr 22, 2009
Sorry to hear that! Please could you post a larger version of that screenshot? I can't quite make out what the error message says.

Thanks,
Thomas

sewa2k

capturaka.png
I have the same error i think.

Using Windows 8 Pro x64 - Spanish
Running as user or admin same result

Best Regards

Reactions: thomasw234

thomasw234

Apr 22, 2009
Now is working! nice app!, but it doesn't recognizes all of my apps (i.e. office ones)
Hi sewa2k, thanks for replying!

If it doesn't recognise all of your apps, then it must not have them in the database! I will have a look at the database and see what icons people are requesting, and try and add some more. Feel free to add them yourself though!

Currently there are 5500 apps that have been found, but only 24 of them have icons! Not all of the 5500 apps are ones that you'd want on your start screen, but today I'll be looking through for some popular apps to make tiles for.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello! If you've used OblyTile in the past, you'll know what an excellent piece of software it is. I always thought that the process of resizing icons was a bit tedious though, and when my Windows 8 install corrupt itself, I couldn't be bothered to start again. OblyAutomator should provide a solution to this. My website hosts an online database with applications, and icons that are suitable for each application. Users are presented with a choice of icons, and OblyAutomator calls OblyTile with the correct parameters, which creates the new tile.

This is a video of OblyAutomator in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZmr8tdUOaE

Attached is OblyAutomator. It also requires OblyTile (v0.91) in the same directory. Also included is TileUploader, which allows you to add links to icons to the database. I will moderate these, so your icon link won't appear until I've decided that it's suitable and of a high quality.

I'm not sure if there's a demand for an app like this. This is a very early version, and may have a lot of bugs. Please post your thoughts and comments below!

Thanks,
    Thomas

12/06/2013: Version 0.11 Uploaded that prevents crashes when searching for applications, and when deleting temporary files.
    capturaka.png
    I have the same error i think.

Using Windows 8 Pro x64 - Spanish
    Running as user or admin same result

Best Regards
    Hello Thomas

This is a great function, i like the idea! :good:
    Please keep working on it. :highfive:

Argony
    Now is working! nice app!, but it doesn't recognizes all of my apps (i.e. office ones)