[App] Official G-Sensor Calibration for Diamond

Search This thread

DarkRay_

Jun 7, 2008
Las Palmas
Hello

Today HTC relase the G-Sensor Calibration for Diamond, see in hotfix seccion

Download: http://dl.htc.com/downloadfiles/Driver/\HTC Touch Diamond\Diamond_GSensorCalibrator.cab

It's multilanguage, in my Diamond show in Spanish but with some issues :mad:

And now don't miss calibration after soft-reset.

Offcial Info: http://www.htc.com/www/SupportDownloadList.aspx?p_id=133&cat=0
Hot Fix for G-Sensor Calibration in HTC Touch Diamond
If you encounter a G-Sensor malfunction, for example when playing the “Teeter” game or changing your web browser orientation, please install this hot fix so that you can perform the calibration by yourself. Note: This hot fix can only be installed on devices with ROM version 1.93.XXX.X or above. To check your ROM version tap Start > Settings > System tab > Device Information to confirm the ROM version.
and the download page:
Date: 2008-09-26 Category: Hotfix

If you encounter a G-Sensor malfunction, for example when playing the “Teeter” game or changing your web browser orientation, please install this hot fix so that you can perform the calibration by yourself. Note: This hot fix can only be installed on devices with ROM version 1.93.XXX.X or above. To check your ROM version tap Start > Settings > System tab > Device Information to confirm the ROM version.

Installation Instructions: Follow the instructions below to install this software onto your device.

1. Make sure you have Microsoft ActiveSync® installed on your Windows XP PC or Windows Mobile Device Center on your Windows Vista® PC. You can find Microsoft ActiveSync from this link or Windows Mobile Device Center from this link.
2. Connect and synchronize your device with your PC via Microsoft ActiveSync® or Windows Mobile Device Center using the USB cable.
3. To download the hot fix, first select the check box below. Next, select the hot fix and the desired FTP site then click Download.
4. Copy the hot fix, which is a cab file, to your device.

To install, tap the hot fix and follow the on-screen instructions. After installation is done, please tap Start > Settings > System tab and select G-Sensor calibration program to proceed with the calibration process.

Note: If you perform a hard reset of your device, you will need to reinstall the hot fix after the hard reset.

For me, I needed soft-rest after install for show in tap Start > Settings > System tab

Last edited:

ycimpir

Jul 30, 2006
Cerkezkoy
www.negatif.com
Where is "About" ?

After install Diamond_GSensorCalibrator.cab About buton is missing.. :confused:
My old version was 1.0 (1817.1829) ..

I found new version info into _Setup.xml of CAB ..
It is 1_0_18182119_0 ..
It should be 1.0 (1818.2119) .. :D

Studebaker72

Jan 25, 2008
Does not work for me. Device pretends to calibrate, but after calibration it's the same than before. I'm using original German 1.93.407.1 Rom.

Studebaker72

Jan 25, 2008
Thanks pal, but also that did not work at all. Same phenomenon, in the end the settings jump back to what was there before.

TML1504

Nov 24, 2007
Vienna
another eventually interesting information:
a friend of mine got his diamond today, it's a german one with 1.37 and radio 03
preinstalled.

after flashing hardspl 1.40 dev, radio 08 and wildberry v1 he was able to calibrate
the sensor flawlessly.

my diamond was from the first uk batch, otherwise we have ident devices,
same spl, same radio and same rom. but for me the calibration is not working...

Da9L

Jan 31, 2007
This does not work

Does not work for me either.. Allthough i think i might have found the solution to why some people can get it to work while others can't..

How many degress is your device off calibrated before you try to calibrate it? I have discovered that the people who can get it to work, is if their device is less than 15 degress of calibrated. However if your device is more than 15 degress of, then it won't calibrate..

Can anyone confirm this theory? We discussed this back in the first thread that was created with the g-sensor calibrator tool some time ago..