• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

banzaip

Apr 12, 2007
Apt-x transmission requires a software codec on the audio source and the apt-x hardware component on the audio receiver. You can simply add an apt-x library/codec to /system/lib with 0644 if you'd like to take advantage of the apt-x hardware in one or more of your audio receivers.

Attached below is an archive containing the two apt-x libraries as found on the Samsung Note 7. These particular libraries don't vary much from device to device. :good:
My device note 4 910F (ROM nearly stock) already have this lib. How to know if bluetooth use aptX ? Do you think car audio (year around 2010) can use this codec ? (or too old)

ashwini215

Nov 17, 2014
Mumbai
Please help me guys !!
I'm facing the same problem again & again.
V4A installed perfectly and processing also worked perfectly the first time.
But after some time processing stops working. I have to restart every time to get the processing back again. Sometimes, when i open v4a app, processing will start again.

I have asked this before as well and many of you have provided your suggestions . I have tried all them but this problem keeps coming up :(
My phone details :-
Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 (android 5.1)
Stock Rom, Rooted with SuperSU & Permissive Kernel

Xx MOE

Jan 18, 2016
Yo, I need some help. I'm rocking CM 13 on my HTC one max (yes I know this isn't an HTC thread but all CM 13 are pretty similar). Anyways, I deleted the audioFX using Es file explorer but I still can't seem to get v4a to work properly. I keep getting an "abnormal driver" message. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

kattara

May 2, 2011
Vancouver
www.katzkorner.com
I'm loving the new update but I can't seem to get the hang of the new eq. With the old UI you could see the entire eq but with the new one you have to scroll to the right. This is causing me to adjust frequencies by accident. This goes for the presets too, I liked that you could see all the presets and easily pick one without having to hear another one along the way. Am I missing something? I really enjoy how easy it is to fine tune the sliders, I just wish I could see all the sliders at the same time.
Yup! Having the same issue.

Reactions: D_Rail

diyabolic

Nov 27, 2011
Cologne
I get a stuttering sound in Asus Zenfone 2 ZE 551ml(4g)(stock or custom based on stock LP or MM roms).Music sounds ok when in stock sound system.I have all enabled,in expert mode,except Field Surround,Diff,VHS+,Reverbration,Dynamic system,Tube simulator.It occurs mostly when screen is off.When i have screen on it plays without issues.Thanx in advance.
I have the same problem. It is ok with screen on and screen of but without headphones. With headphones, when I turn off the screen, I get this stuttering sound. I went back to 2.4.0 and it works great on mm

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dimitrakhs1

pcroland

Oct 11, 2015
Hi!
- I installed Stericson's Busybox
- set selinux to permissive
- removed AudioFX with Lucky Patcher
- installed the driver
- rebooted the phone
But the driver is still not enabled. I already tried compatible mode and force enable but none of them worked. I'm using a OnePlus 3 running CyanogenMod 13. Any suggestion?
i.imgur.com/fouDOfh.jpg

dimitrakhs1

Apr 21, 2013
I think,i found solution myself(and without downgrading).I went to devs options/inactive apps and stopped each app i don't use including native Sound effect.All my way home,phone jumping in my pocket,without one stutter!Yay!

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015
Im not completely sure what it does, but I think that it compresses the whole audio modification so you won't have many stutters. I found out that I don't like it as it decreases the volume at some parts of songs. I don't have any stutters, so it isn't needed for me.
Does the new viper work on your OP2? I couldn't get it working.. the driver always shows "processing: no"
Everything else is normal in the driver status.
I'm using the first zip posted by @guitardedhero

I even flashed the viper supolicy zip(think I got it from the material viper thread) that I used to flash with the old viper to try get it to work, but no luck.

Edit: going to try the new zip posted by @guitardedhero

The only viper zip that's worked so far for me on my OP2 is the one on @Seraph08 's basketbuild. I think it makes some changes that's needed for viper to work on the OnePlus 2.

Oh and I was wondering why the thread and OP and official website havent been updated with the new version. There's a different app signature as well for some reason.

Last edited:

FPSUsername

Jun 18, 2012
FPSUsername.cf
Does the new viper work on your OP2? I couldn't get it working.. the driver always shows "processing: no"
Everything else is normal in the driver status.
I'm using the first zip posted by @guitardedhero

I even flashed the viper supolicy zip(think I got it from the material viper thread) that I used to flash with the old viper to try get it to work, but no luck.

Edit: going to try the new zip posted by @guitardedhero

The only viper zip that's worked so far for me on my OP2 is the one on @Seraph08 's basketbuild. I think it makes some changes that's needed for viper to work on the OnePlus 2.

Oh and I was wondering why the thread and OP and official website havent been updated with the new version. There's a different app signature as well for some reason.
Yup, works fine after flashing the zip. I modified it to contain only the usable stuff. Here it is.
This was originally the zip from the materialized v4a zip, but I deleted the apk and a script that is meant only for the older version and adds nothing to the newest version as it doesn't "detect/use" that apk file

Last edited:

arch_geek

Jan 26, 2016
Traveling through gigabytes of data.
Hi!
- I installed Stericson's Busybox
- set selinux to permissive
- removed AudioFX with Lucky Patcher
- installed the driver
- rebooted the phone
But the driver is still not enabled. I already tried compatible mode and force enable but none of them worked. I'm using a OnePlus 3 running CyanogenMod 13. Any suggestion?
i.imgur.com/fouDOfh.jpg
Try A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems mod.
It has V4A drivers preinstalled correctly.
But be sure to remove the existing version of V4A from your device.

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone