[APP] One Click Lag Fix APK

Search This thread

pengages

Nov 25, 2008
I don't think so - I think the subject matter of this post and APP clearly deal with development as it pertains to the many lag fixes that are out now. Furthermore, any additional developments, questions, concerns, and problems would be much better address here by DEVELOPERS rather than the larger number of laymen who read the Themes and Apps section.

I am running Vibrant6 Eclair on my phone, and have ALWAYS had problems implementing any lag fix. Be it Ryan's one click, or MODACO's playlogos1 script hack. I've never been able to increase by Quadrant score, and have constantly run into "cannot read mounted card", "file already exists", i've even had the lag fix run all the way through, and had 890 quadrant scores.

This APP finally worked for me.

I installed the APK - then I "unrooted my phone" (option in the apk)

Then rebooted, then "re-rooted" my phone (with newest Busybox / SU )

Then rebooted, got into the phone, and ran this "one click app" again.

Chose "ONE CLICK LAG FIX"

Waited about 5-8 minutes, then phone auto rebooted.

I get on, run quadrant - 2125.

However, the phone seems to be running CHOPPIER and more SLUGGISH with regards to live wallpapers and home screen scrolling - whether or not the wallpaper is static or live. I was hoping that the lag fix, with such a high quadrant score, would make my phone UI run smoother (launcher pro) however, it doesn't seem to be the case. I have been using the phone for 3 hours now though, and not ONE single "hanging lag". Used to happen quite frequently - although for only 5-10 seconds and not overly annoying, still annoying to say the least.

Hopefully with the implementation of better roms, we will be able to get rid of this home screen lag issue.

Just wanted to confirm this lag fix works on my phone, running stock kernel, vibrant6 eclair. Just run the app and watch it go.

I can tell you from trying 10+ lag fixes.

This one is by far the BEST. Now I did not unroot. I dont know if that matterrs.

But i have a 2200+ Quad and the sleep->awake lag is GONE. and All the other lag is GONE.

I have no complains. Using a TMO vibrant here.

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
QUOTE=RyanZA; Ah, that issue! This lag fix will also take a long time to back up. It is not a different lag fix from the others, just a safer and easier to use lag fix. People who can already install the more advanced lag fixes should rather use those! This is aimed more at people who don't want the complications of those methods. = end quote

So people know, this is a simple ext2 lag fix... Most of the fixes in this forum are much more stable if you research... This app is for the lazy/ignorant if you don't know what you are doing or don't want to learn a better way of doing it... This is not a better/different fix... In fact this is a less stable lag fix..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Kryptyx

Jan 25, 2009
Yeah I posted this on the market for RyanZA - just search for Galaxy S, Vibrant or LagFix it should pop up. I'm running his 2.3 LagFix which has a few more enhancements over the current Market app.

My more recent Quadrant:
quadrant.png

Stock Kernel, RyanZA's 2.3 lagfix.

Last edited:

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
QUADRANT MEANS JACK $HIT... why is it constantly referenced as a good indicator?

Maybe everyone should flash cyanogens FAKE rom that had a 9k quadrant score, lol.

Kryptyx

Jan 25, 2009
QUADRANT MEANS JACK $HIT... why is it constantly referenced as a good indicator?

Maybe everyone should flash cyanogens FAKE rom that had a 9k quadrant score, lol.

Ok, give me a benchmark utility that you find as a good indicator, and I will post that instead. Just be sure to get your panties out of a wad when I do - ok?

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
Its not a bad benchmark app, especially when there are few variables.. But start comparing different phones and the free version is just an average of 4 different benchmarks... Our display is what has us at the top of the list.. Not cpu or memory..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

rshemeld

Mar 30, 2009
da beach
Letting ya know this works..I first ran the Quadrant and for a 750 then I did not unroot or anything installed the tools and did the oneclick lag fix ran the Quadrant again and got 2042

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
Here is a really good read on why I completely disregard Quadrant and the scores our lag fix generate. PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ARGUING.

Curious, what are the linpack scores after the lag fix? Stock is low 8's.

Last edited:

robavila721

Jul 7, 2009
Laredo
Here is a really good read on why I completely disregard Quadrant and the scores our lag fix generate. PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ARGUING.

The problem is that linpack only benchmarks the cpu, while the lag fixes address the i/o issue that plagues the vibrant, so linpack won't be a reliable solution either

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia

The thing is thats benchmarking different things... Linpack only benchmarks the ability of the Virtual Memory I think... and the lag fix doesnt change anything but how the data is read/written, but we can tell how much of a difference it makes on the data rw speeds...

now doing a quadrant with a vibrant in one hand and a droid x in the other is too many variables.. bc we can only get the average of the four tests it does.... now if you had the pro version it would be a little different...

I have been running the without a lag fix since last sat... had the lag fix for a while before taking it off... I cannot tell a difference in the two... I think its just a placebo effect... but like its been said before, this phone is fast before any tweaking..

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
Apologies, I was not implying Linpack is a better BM... just curious if they got the same score. I assume they do then. I just wish people would quit acting like the quadrant score means something with this lag fix, it does not.

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
I would much rather have stability than a high quadrant.... I show someone a 2000+ and they dont care...

If the do care they pull out their phone and show me FULL FLASH on their JIT compatible 2.2 enable device and that it works with a score less than 1500.. Then the guy with the i*hone starts laughing at me for being a douche...

blackerwater

Apr 17, 2007
Seattle
I've never had a lag problem with animations off. Only experienced some lag with animations turned "all on" . Try it . I don't think we really need this fix.

Sent using xda app....

vud911

May 10, 2010
You'll be surprised. I saw a huge difference after I applied this fix. What you think you don't need, and the difference you get after you apply this fix is huge.

Before in the android market I would get 'stalls'. Now I can go non-stop only stopping to fetch the next 20 or whatever apps.

What I'm trying to say is unless you try this fix, don't dismiss it. It is a huge boost in performance.