• Stock OP camera

Votes: 213 14.4%
  • GoogleCam Port

Votes: 1,271 85.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

dante`afk

Mar 1, 2014
taking pictures hangs like for 2 seconds with xl19 beta, anyone else?

what's the best gcam version atm for you?

rawyusie

Apr 23, 2019
I grabbed the GCam Tool Pro and only checked off one box now all is fine with selfies. No more flipping. It irritates me too. Nothing worse than wearing a hat or jersey and seeing it flipped. Hopefully my screenshot posts for the visual help.
Dude! You're a legend. Thank you so much man. Yes the camera does crash a bit but finally it doesn't flip my selfies anymore. Thank you so much bro

Reactions: whouston.jr

dj_ooms

Mar 8, 2008
Dude! You're a legend. Thank you so much man. Yes the camera does crash a bit but finally it doesn't flip my selfies anymore. Thank you so much bro

Just thought I'd give an update that I installed OOS 9.0.13 on my phone. The GCam Tool works fine and flips the selfie pictures the correct way. I am finding that the xtrme beta 20 seems to crash a lot more compared to when I was on the Pixel Experience ROM. I'll probably try a few different versions to see if there is a more stable one. I don't know if it's me, but I actually found the battery life and performance smoother on the Pixel Experience ROM and that's with xXx No Limits installed. I'll maybe wait a few charge cycles to see how it goes.

Ooms

DhruvinK25

Apr 27, 2019
When I try to click any pic through portrait mode, it just doesn't really work properly. In rear cam, pics isn't that good, while in front cam, it just gives a pinkish hue in the pic. I tried to fix it in HDR+ controls but it didn't work. And I don't think it will work considering that I get that hue in portrait mode and not in HDR+. So guys, please help me. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Last edited:

lendawg

Dec 31, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just thought I'd give an update that I installed OOS 9.0.13 on my phone. The GCam Tool works fine and flips the selfie pictures the correct way. I am finding that the xtrme beta 20 seems to crash a lot more compared to when I was on the Pixel Experience ROM. I'll probably try a few different versions to see if there is a more stable one. I don't know if it's me, but I actually found the battery life and performance smoother on the Pixel Experience ROM and that's with xXx No Limits installed. I'll maybe wait a few charge cycles to see how it goes.

Ooms
You were able to have xXx nolimits installed with pixel experience?

dj_ooms

Mar 8, 2008
You were able to have xXx nolimits installed with pixel experience?

No. I installed OOS 9.0.13 with xXx NoLimits, but somehow find that I had a smoother experience and better battery life when I was running the PE ROM. This seems to be contrary to the comments I have read elsewhere. The latest build wasn't on the XDA thread. I got it through their Telegram channel. The performance was improved compared to the last build. I find GCam more buggy in OOS compared to the AOSP based ROMs and it seems to crash more often compared to when I was on the PE ROM. I may reinstall a custom ROM as I am also having s few other issues at the moment with OOS, even after setting it up to how I normally like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: lendawg

dj_ooms

Mar 8, 2008
No. I installed OOS 9.0.13 with xXx NoLimits, but somehow find that I had a smoother experience and better battery life when I was running the PE ROM. This seems to be contrary to the comments I have read elsewhere. The latest build wasn't on the XDA thread. I got it through their Telegram channel. The performance was improved compared to the last build. I find GCam more buggy in OOS compared to the AOSP based ROMs and it seems to crash more often compared to when I was on the PE ROM. I may reinstall a custom ROM as I am also having s few other issues at the moment with OOS, even after setting it up to how I normally like it.

Okay. Looks like a new version of xXx NoLimits was released yesterday. Hadn't checked before installing the old version. Installed the new version and it seems to have fixed the other issues I was having in OOS beforehand. Installed Arnova's GCam 6.2 and it seems to be pretty stable on OOS. I have set the front camera to Nexus 6P and switched off Enhanced HDR+ under Photo > Advanced > Portrait in the settings and this seems to have fixed the issues with the tinting and weird front camera shots. I'll probably stick with OOS for now and see how it goes.

Shamaji

Jan 22, 2015
Please can anyone suggest me which version of Gcam should I use right now to get the maximum from My 6T's Camera? Please suggest it to me with links and other necessary files.

MikeG6

Apr 11, 2017
Warsaw
Change the front camera to Nexus 6P and switch off Enhanced HDR+ in settings under Photo > Advanced > Portrait. That worked for me. Only thing is the 4.0mp pictures from the standard selfies. Portrait are at 12.0mp and you get both a bokeh and non-bokeh picture, so use that instead.

Changed and working fine thanks! Should i change something else? In few days im going on vacation and want to take some beautiful landscape photos.

dante`afk

Mar 1, 2014
I'm having trouble finding the skin brush setting with the mod here, looking like Barby skin. Where is it?

dj_ooms

Mar 8, 2008
Changed and working fine thanks! Should i change something else? In few days im going on vacation and want to take some beautiful landscape photos.

The standard settings for the rear seems to work well enough. You can maybe change your HDR+ setting to HDR+ Enhanced in the viewfinder. Found the pictures taken with this had a bit more detail and didn't take much longer to get an image compared to the default HDR+ On setting. The app has crashed a few times on me though and even made the phone hang on one occasion. Had to force reboot the phone.

Reactions: MikeG6

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
Hi,
First of all thank you for guiding the users with the right APK files to use on their OnePlus 6/6T devices.

Sadly, the one thing that I do not understand is, why is my photo settings showing a Max setting off 12 MP only in the Photo category. I have the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition and the Photo resolution is 3000 x 4000 pixels. Can someone guide me with the process of forcing it to use 16 MP settings instead of the 12 MP.

Sincerely,
XxXKINGMAKXxX

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

I dont know what i did but somehow the focus tracking (tap on object) is not working anymore. How to turn it on?

If you are using the latest version (aka 6.2.x) you will have to enable Advanced settings by going into About section. After you have enabled them, you will have to back to the main settings screen and tap on the "Advanced" section under the Photo section and turn on "Motion Function" this will provide you with Focus tracking function on the main settings screen.

Sincerely,
XxXKINGMAKXxX

g_oral

Jun 12, 2011
Gdańsk
Hi,
First of all thank you for guiding the users with the right APK files to use on their OnePlus 6/6T devices.

Sadly, the one thing that I do not understand is, why is my photo settings showing a Max setting off 12 MP only in the Photo category. I have the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition and the Photo resolution is 3000 x 4000 pixels. Can someone guide me with the process of forcing it to use 16 MP settings instead of the 12 MP.

Sincerely,
XxXKINGMAKXxX

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

If you are using the latest version (aka 6.2.x) you will have to enable Advanced settings by going into About section. After you have enabled them, you will have to back to the main settings screen and tap on the "Advanced" section under the Photo section and turn on "Motion Function" this will provide you with Focus tracking function on the main settings screen.

Sincerely,
XxXKINGMAKXxX

Thanks for help.

Why we have 12mpix rather than 16mpix? I think its because this app is a fork from google pixels and those have 12 mpix aparatures.

I dont think that 12 mpix is worse than 16mpix in stock app because gcam captures more details in automode. Do the same picture in auto on both apps and compare in zoom. OP camera app produces oil paintings in auto mode. Alot of details are gone beside the photos are 16mpix.

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me

Thanks for help.

Why we have 12mpix rather than 16mpix? I think its because this app is a fork from google pixels and those have 12 mpix aparatures.

I dont think that 12 mpix is worse than 16mpix in stock app because gcam captures more details in automode. Do the same picture in auto on both apps and compare in zoom. OP camera app produces oil paintings in auto mode. Alot of details are gone beside the photos are 16mpix.

Some of the versions actually allowed us to achieve the 16MP camera settings. I believe it was via setting Pixel 2 config or so.
With Arnova's latest version, as he had clearly mentioned that XML files cannot be used with it. It doesn't allow for much customization besides the built-in settings. The 12 MP camera quality is actually amazing in my honest opinion though I would have preferred to use the 16 MP camera settings. Why not use every ounce of potential the device has.

Thank you for the quick response though.

Sincerely,
XxXKINGMAKXxX

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts