[APP][OOS] Snapdragon Gallery (caf)

Search This thread

oF2pks

May 22, 2016
...Coming directly from OnePlus 'darkware', open source and caf optimized :
https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android/tree/oneplus/QC8998_N_7.1?files=1
Code:
<project name="platform/packages/apps/SnapdragonGallery" path="packages/apps/SnapdragonGallery" revision="7cedc36eb9b0986bf8e754ae3455884d581b2a5b" upstream="android_ui.lnx.2.1.r13-rel"/>

NO need for su/Magisk, just normal app install.. This Snapdragon Gallery has his own Audio+(FX) and includes other options : trim, mute, loop, snapshots... and vertical control 'swipes' for Vol. & Brightness.

For info this Snapdragon App was already used in (/system) CAF Roms like UltraCaf or BlissRoms7.1-caf.
(Also is open source and caf optimized (battery & speed) : CS Browser )

Nota : please, if you have another Snapdragon device, do report if working ok, thanks.

Attachments

• SnapdragonGallery.apk
    10.5 MB · Views: 10,622
  • Screenshot_20170721-170843.jpg
    Screenshot_20170721-170843.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 11,514
  • Screenshot_20170721-171301.png
    Screenshot_20170721-171301.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 11,471
  • Screenshot_20170721-174152.png
    Screenshot_20170721-174152.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 11,384
Last edited:

oF2pks

May 22, 2016
Embedded PhotoEditor is broken

This app do not use _Advertising or _Analytics.
Attached is .zip for SnapdragonGallery.apk with symlinks to lib, from original /system /priv-app

Attachments

• SnapdragonGallery.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 2,086
  • Screenshot_20170721-172009.jpg
    Screenshot_20170721-172009.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 3,608
Last edited:
Reactions: mayosan

oF2pks

May 22, 2016
@oF2pks just awesome, excellent Gallery, smooth and Pictures/Videos are both available directly, great.

Now i hope a Snapdragon Camera :p

Thank you mate
On the 'paper', OOS is supposed to be CAF built and camera should be so ? Check attached build.prop. BTW I have no idea what is saltproject.
Whats the benefit of this app?
Video options like trim... & onscreen controls + video snapshot + split screen...
Also the print/PDF option for pictures is new to me.

Thnx! First looks are simple and fast! I like it!

Only thing is that when I tap on the edit button, the app closes!?
Indeed : PhotoEditor broken in OOS rom 4.5.6

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170722-132547.png
    Screenshot_20170722-132547.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,952
  • Snapdragon-System-lib-libjni_gallery.zip
    110.9 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Reactions: jaiiscool

reawo

Sep 30, 2012
On the 'paper', OOS is supposed to be CAF built and camera should be so ? Check attached build.prop. BTW I have no idea what is saltproject.

Video options like trim... & onscreen controls + video snapshot + split screen...
Also the print/PDF option for pictures is new to me.

Maybe related to FileManager not being on par. Indeed : PhotoEditor broken.

anything u can do to fix it?

nosphor

Apr 10, 2012
Metz
If someone can actually manage to make a dark version of this it would be superb. Not fan of light backgrounds on gallery apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: reawo and toobad12

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Indeed : PhotoEditor broken.
Isn't there an Intent on Android that launches a default image editor? On my usual Gallery, there is an "Edit" menu entry that launches Snapseed.

I was just thinking that launching an external editor would be an easy quick fix and then the internal one could be fixed later (or not).

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

uudruid74

May 27, 2014
Kerens
eddon.systems
Nota : please, if you have another Snapdragon device, do report if working ok, thanks.
OnePlus 3T on Vertex/EAS running fine.

Search XDA. I use Sultan's Snapdragon Camera for HAL3 (best with contrast and sharpness raised above defaults IMO)

If someone can actually manage to make a dark version of this it would be superb. Not fan of light backgrounds on gallery apps.
If you have Substratum, Swift Black will theme this app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170731-200045.jpg
    Screenshot_20170731-200045.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 1,564

oF2pks

May 22, 2016
OOSGallery is now part of Playstore; conversely to SnapdragonGallery it doesn't allow enhanced controls for video, has no libs symlink-ed, and like other gallery_apk, it provides embedded PhotoEditor's choice to camera_apk.

The weird thing is that on OOS github "darkware" :
- OOSGallery has "broken" PhotoEditor only, whereas SnapdragonGallery is working fine with a last modern embedded PhotoEditor version
- SnapdragonCamera is ok, with flash, but no 2x telephoto
- OOSCamera is working with 2x telephoto but with broken flash (and very 1st photo always void)

You can find some added (msm8998 / darkware) SnapdragonGallery libs, in post #7 , maybe some CAF devs can re-use them (?) ( @xdvs23 @joshuous ). I'm waiting for 4.5.8 update for more tests on darkware side.

(Nota : if some knows how to check, if a specific app is CAF optimized, please post info & link.)

Attachments

• lijni.png
    lijni.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

joshuous

Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2015
OOSGallery is now part of Playstore; conversely to SnapdragonGallery it doesn't allow enhanced controls for video, has no libs symlink-ed, and like other gallery_apk, it provides embedded PhotoEditor's choice to camera_apk.

The weird thing is that on OOS github "darkware" :
- OOSGallery has "broken" PhotoEditor only, whereas SnapdragonGallery is working fine with a last modern embedded PhotoEditor version
- SnapdragonCamera is ok, with flash, but no 2x telephoto
- OOSCamera is working with 2x telephoto but with broken flash (and very 1st photo always void)

You can find some added (msm8998 / darkware) SnapdragonGallery libs, in post #7 , maybe some CAF devs can re-use them (?) ( @xdvs23 @joshuous ). I'm waiting for 4.5.8 update for more tests on darkware side.

(Nota : if some knows how to check, if a specific app is CAF optimized, please post info & link.)

Hi @oF2pks, why do you call it "Darkware"? What makes it dark? Looking at the OOS manifest, it just looks like you're building plain SnapdragonGallery directly from CAF. I'm not so sure yet what's special about it. Please correct me if I'm missing anything out

oF2pks

May 22, 2016
Hi @oF2pks, why do you call it "Darkware"? What makes it dark? Looking at the OOS manifest, it just looks like you're building plain SnapdragonGallery directly from CAF. I'm not so sure yet what's special about it. Please correct me if I'm missing anything out
In fact I just built the complete github OOS rom.
First, I neither thought github OOS will build OK, but it does without any fixes AND with LLVM straight.
So I was naive to believe I could flash boot + system img on top of OOS 4.5.x : just bootloop; userdata.img has to be flashed coincidentally.
The resulting boot is what I named "darkware": a "stalk" aosp of H2O
- device Id : MSM8998 unrecognized by OPLaucher and no flash for OPCamera
- loose kernel
- outdated framework patched with recent fresh tweaks
- incompatible specifics with n-mr2 upgrade
- "tricky" complete fastboot_erase to recover a certified OOS 4.5.x
- *missing DRM Widevine

But the Snapdragon apps were real ok, and, for fun, I boot OK a patched OOS darkware with microG and WakelockBlockers : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120751353

Instead of open sources, Oneplus did a full msm8998 (intrinsync-like) factory images compatible with OP5 inside chips (rescue rom img ?). I even tried an ugly n-mr1 manifest (attached) that sync ok, but breaks on bluetooth
Code:
enumeration values not handled in switch: INTEROP_DISABLE_HF_INDICATOR', 'INTEROP_DISABLE_PLAYER_APPLICATION_SETTING_CMDS', 'INTEROP_DELAY_SCO_FOR_MT_CALL
(I don't think all this can help you, but I'm waiting with impatience to fire VertexOS on OP5...)

Attachments

• HAZYdefault.xml
    48.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

joshuous

Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2015
In fact I just built the complete github OOS rom.
First, I neither thought github OOS will build OK, but it does without any fixes AND with LLVM straight.
So I was naive to believe I could flash boot + system img on top of OOS 4.5.x : just bootloop; userdata.img has to be flashed coincidentally.
The resulting boot is what I named "darkware": a "stalk" aosp of H2O
- device Id : MSM8998 unrecognized by OPLaucher and no flash for OPCamera
- loose kernel
- outdated framework patched with recent fresh tweaks
- incompatible specifics with n-mr2 upgrade
- "tricky" complete fastboot_erase to recover a certified OOS 4.5.x

But the Snapdragon apps were real ok, and, for fun, I boot OK a patched OOS darkware with microG and WakelockBlockers : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120751353

Instead of open sources, Oneplus did a full msm8998 (intrinsync-like) factory images compatible with OP5 inside chips (rescue rom img ?). I even tried an ugly n-mr1 manifest (attached) that sync ok, but breaks on bluetooth
(I don't think all this can help you, but I'm waiting with impatience to fire VertexOS on OP5...)

Yeah the sources on GitHub are not meant for you to build a full ROM. They're meant for devs to pick core functionalities for the OP5, such as Dash Charge, NFC, etc.

And no one really needs the compilation fixes for the kernel as long as they know which make commands to use. Either way, the kernel compilation 'issues' will not pop up when you make a boot.img (packaged in the ROM) instead of zImage.

And VertexOS will come to OP5 maybe after Android O comes out. There's still some unfinished experiments to work on for the OP3

Reactions: Jsilver73

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...Coming directly from OnePlus 'darkware', open source and caf optimized :
    https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android/tree/oneplus/QC8998_N_7.1?files=1
    Code:
    <project name="platform/packages/apps/SnapdragonGallery" path="packages/apps/SnapdragonGallery" revision="7cedc36eb9b0986bf8e754ae3455884d581b2a5b" upstream="android_ui.lnx.2.1.r13-rel"/>

NO need for su/Magisk, just normal app install.. This Snapdragon Gallery has his own Audio+(FX) and includes other options : trim, mute, loop, snapshots... and vertical control 'swipes' for Vol. & Brightness.

For info this Snapdragon App was already used in (/system) CAF Roms like UltraCaf or BlissRoms7.1-caf.
    (Also is open source and caf optimized (battery & speed) : CS Browser )

OnePlus 3T on Vertex/EAS running fine.

Search XDA. I use Sultan's Snapdragon Camera for HAL3 (best with contrast and sharpness raised above defaults IMO)

If you have Substratum, Swift Black will theme this app.

Embedded PhotoEditor is broken

This app do not use _Advertising or _Analytics.
    Attached is .zip for SnapdragonGallery.apk with symlinks to lib, from original /system /priv-app
    Thnx! First looks are simple and fast! I like it!

Only thing is that when I tap on the edit button, the app closes!?