Search This thread

TheViciousGames

Feb 4, 2019
www.theviciousgames.com
S20 Advanced Lockscreen on Play Store
S20 Advanced Lockscreen on Github
Download size: less than 1MB
Requires root.

This app will switch to 48hz when screen is locked and to 120 when screen is unlocked.
Battery saving.

Added version 1.1:
App totally reworked.
Fixed crashes.
Removed toggle.
Much easier to use.

How to disable the notification:

pham_dang:
" I think he meant when there is a notification coming --> your screen turns on = it immediately starts the high refresh rate (presumably you set it at higher than 60hz). Also when never you use Always on display, although it seems that just the clock or some notifications are showing on a completely black screen, the screen still has that high refresh rate (because you set it system-wide). What this app does is forcing the everything shows in the lockscreen and AOD to keep the refresh rate at 48hz (no matter what refresh rate you set your system at). Hope this cools down the heat guys :D "

Simple explanation:
-pressing power button while screen is unlocked will trigger 48hz.
-pressing power button while screen is locked and mostly black will trigger 120hz.
-anything that happens after pressing the power button (while unlocked) will be displayed in 48hz (AOD,charging status,notifications,call UI,etc).

Last edited:

TheViciousGames

Feb 4, 2019
www.theviciousgames.com
I'm fairly sure that Samsung has 120hz implemented to be dynamic by default. 120hz on lineage feels very different because we don't have any of their OneUI parameters.

Just a hunch, I haven't really taken apart the OneUI ROMs.
The only way I could test this is by running one of my apps that reads the refresh rate from Android Studio while screen is off.The refresh rate remains the same when screen is closed.If 120 is set in settings,120 is always set (nothing dynamic).
I'm sure it feels better on your ROM.

Last edited:

Smartphones13

Apr 30, 2013
The only way I could test this is by running one of my apps that reads the refresh rate from Android Studio while screen is off.The refresh rate remains the same when screen is closed.If 120 is set in settings,120 is always set (nothing dynamic).
I'm sure it feels better on your ROM.

So do you have all you work combined in one app now?

vignesh188

Jul 17, 2016
Chennai
The GitHub repository doesn't contain any code. It's just readme.md file. Can you share the code?

Edit: Sorry I missed it. Thanks for the app.

Last edited:

TheViciousGames

Feb 4, 2019
www.theviciousgames.com
Fixed app crashes.The app will no longer crash after enabling the service.
"Context.startForegroundService() did not then call Service.startForeground()" this was the error encountered.It's very common on stackoverflow.Finally fixed it.
If someone else has this problem,it was pretty easy to fix,all I had to do was to create a notification channel and a notification builder with an id higher than 0,basically creating a notification for the service.
New version will be released later today or tommorow.

TheViciousGames

Feb 4, 2019
www.theviciousgames.com
I was so tired last night that I uploaded the old version again.I'm sorry,it should update now on Play Store.
Today I'll upload 2 videos:
-how to disable the notification for this app
-48hz while screen off proof

*I keep saying lockscreen but it's about while the screen is off.My bad*

Last edited:

TheViciousGames

Feb 4, 2019
www.theviciousgames.com
But, may I ask, what is the point of changing the refresh rate of the screen when it is off? I mean afaik when it is off, it already refreshes at 0Hz because, well, it is off.
You're wrong,you probably wanted to say 0 FPS and not 0 Hz.Changing this helps with AOD,clock,notifications,etc,that's when the display is not really off.

EDIT:
I meant 1 FPS,because nothing is moving.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it possible by using adb?
    I mean..you can change to 48hz using ADB but you cannot do that automatically while screen is off.
    You would have to run the command manually (to 48 and to 120) 100 times a day,I think you do not want that :D
    But, may I ask, what is the point of changing the refresh rate of the screen when it is off? I mean afaik when it is off, it already refreshes at 0Hz because, well, it is off.
    But what is there to refresh when the screen is off??
    I think he meant when there is a notification coming --> your screen turns on = it immediately starts the high refresh rate (presumably you set it at higher than 60hz). Also when never you use Always on display, although it seems that just the clock or some notifications are showing on a completely black screen, the screen still has that high refresh rate (because you set it system-wide). What this app does is forcing the everything shows in the lockscreen and AOD to keep the refresh rate at 48hz (no matter what refresh rate you set your system at). Hope this cools down the heat guys :D
    I'm not sure this app gets started after reboot. Because in the status bar at the top it's not their until launched manually.
    Thank you,if you got any suggestions please feel free to pm me!
    Have a good day
    A bit of a silly suggestion but it might be interesting if it kept track of how much battery it saved, or a rough estimate based on how much time the user spends on the lock screen.