[App] OpenMobileMaps v1.6 !!! 2013/11/01 NEW RELEASE !!!

Firefishy

Dec 11, 2009
Rename app please

Cipher: Great to see an app using OpenStreetMap.org, but could you kindly choose a different name for your app.

Naming the app after the OSM project will only lead to confusion and is unfair to the other apps which use the project.

Kind regards
Grant
Member of OpenStreetMap Sysadmin Team.

talontsi07

Feb 17, 2008
Calgary
So I got that menu to come up, the problem i was having is the program freezes so even if i get the menu up before it freezes it just freezes after iv opened it. And you say it uses GSM triangulation, well what about my CDMA phone how is that going to work?

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
It'd be nice if this could accept a KML file and project the waypoints contained onto the map like Google Maps does.

GCzII, a geocaching program, can send a list of caches in KML format to Google Maps and makes it easier to see how to navigate to a cache or to see what's nearby.. But many folks have noted that OSM often has better non-road maps, such as trails etc, which Google Maps does not. So in those cases, it'd be nice to be able to use OSM maps.

Cheers!

ss0mohit

Oct 16, 2009
just checking. this looks interesting. willing to test for qvga...
but does it involve data? because the vogue (my phone) has internal gps chip so should it be able to triangulate the location?

bonanza123

Nov 11, 2007
'schland
Thanks for this GREAT app!!!
working fine so far :)
but is there a way to show how exact the GSM-location is ?
just like in google-maps e.g. a radius of 100 m ...

and will it be possible to search for places, cities etc ?

on my device (htc touch pro ) scrolling isn't that smooth...but why? non cached maps ?

Last edited:

Cipher

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2006
Berlin
omm.mine.nu
I decided to change the name to OpenMobileMaps. So far I didn't find any app that is listed under the first pages on google with that name, so it shouldn't be in any conflict.

The next thing I'm about to implement is searching for an address, places etc. and showing them on the map.

And I will take a look at the apis for HD2. But without a device to actually test it will be like developing with eyes wide shut...

Last edited:

Cipher

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2006
Berlin
omm.mine.nu
Great idea! Thanks! but getting error after it begins to load map:
Can't find PInvoke DLL 'ril.dll'

I'm using an older hx4700-WM6.1 (wifi/pda only, not phone)
Installed program to main memory. Maps began to load at first and then error. Maps can be seen in cache. Tried storage on card with same error.
Could you please confirm if the latest version works for you, now?

datristan

Dec 25, 2008
Brisbane
Nice but not like google maps

This is a nice app; it's good to have access to the OpenMaps data base on my mobile but... google maps has basic several functions this is missing:
  • Search Function
  • Favorites
  • Directions

Sorry to whinge but...

tacchan23

Aug 3, 2009
Sorry if it's a dumb question... which format should I choose to save the maps if I download them on my PC from open street map website?