• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App][OpenSource] MaterialPowerMenu- Reveal animations in power menu

Search This thread

slider112

Sep 9, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
Great app. One minor thing: Would love it if when the app was opened it would open directly to the power options instead of the black screen first. The added click seems unnecessary. Maybe make the black screen a settings option somewhere? Love the style and look, definitely a keeper :good:

naman14

Feb 15, 2013
New Delhi
@slider112 I will be soon adding a home screen shortcut which launches directly power menu. Should be live in a couple of days. I am very busy currently so don't have much time.
And also an option to directly launch power menu when opening app.

Nalsnag

Dec 16, 2011
@slider112 I will be soon adding a home screen shortcut which launches directly power menu. Should be live in a couple of days. I am very busy currently so don't have much time.

That will be awesome. This app is beautiful and really well done, great job!

Last edited:

naman14

Feb 15, 2013
New Delhi
I have pushed the update with ability to add shortcut to home screen to directly open power menu and with some improvements on animations(animations should be a little bit faster). It may take up to 5-6 hours for the update to appear for you

Reactions: slider112

naman14

Feb 15, 2013
New Delhi
@1haumann1 Sorry for not replying but I was very busy ( I was at a 2 day hackathon in Delhi).
Can you please check the logs in Xposed installer?
ReInstall Power Menu on device on which its not working, open the app for one time from launcher and then open Xposed Installer and select logs. Xposed is unable to replace my method with the original menu method

Reactions: 1haumann1

1haumann1

Oct 28, 2011
Google Pixel 3 XL
@1haumann1 Sorry for not replying but I was very busy ( I was at a 2 day hackathon in Delhi).
Can you please check the logs in Xposed installer?
ReInstall Power Menu on device on which its not working, open the app for one time from launcher and then open Xposed Installer and select logs. Xposed is unable to replace my method with the original menu method
I don't know how to read this log things [emoji23]
So here you go https://copy.com/dgDfjiq7FBxAf6eW

keep calm and have a Nexus :D

Reactions: naman14

naman14

Feb 15, 2013
New Delhi
@1haumann1 Thanks! Got exactly what I was looking for. The method that I am replacing doesn't even exist on your ROM . They modified that method already from Stock ROM. I will have to look at ROM's source to see which method they are using or better I should find a completely different way to properly replace Power Menu.
Anyways I am looking into it to see what can be done

Reactions: 1haumann1

slider112

Sep 9, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
Love the new shortcut option in the update, but I cannot get it to work with gestures in Nova. Is there any way to pull that process out and make it an activity that Nova gestures could handle?

EDIT: I actually got this to work by choosing the xposed version of the process (XposedMainActivity instead of MainActivity), even though I don't have xposed installed. Works fine; now my Nova gesture opens directly to the reboot options. Digging it.

Last edited:

naman14

Feb 15, 2013
New Delhi
@slider112 Great! That's what I was going to suggest. Actually XposedMainActivity has nothing related to Xposed, its just the activity which gets launched when xposed is used. MainActivity contains the initial home screen while XposedMainActivity directly opens PowerMenu.

Reactions: slider112

madAdam6LOVE

Jul 8, 2010
Gilford, NH
Love the new shortcut option in the update, but I cannot get it to work with gestures in Nova. Is there any way to pull that process out and make it an activity that Nova gestures could handle?

EDIT: I actually got this to work by choosing the xposed version of the process (XposedMainActivity instead of MainActivity), even though I don't have xposed installed. Works fine; now my Nova gesture opens directly to the reboot options. Digging it.

I would like to do the same. Please share how to do this in Nova. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A while ago, I saw a gif on Google+ demonstrating a concept of Android Power menu in material design, it contained various Circular Reveal animations introduced in Lollipop and various other beautiful animations. I was able to replicate the concept using basic xml animations and Circular Reveal APIs. This repository is the demo of the original concept.
    https://github.com/naman14/MaterialPowerMenu
    Google play-
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naman14.powermenu

Concept by +Igor da Silva​​​
    https://dribbble.com/shots/1939117-Advanced-Power-Menu-Concept-Android-Lollipop

demo.gif

Apk for direct download(V1.2)-
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByTrPZ8aLNadellqaTFmTGNMVWc/edit?usp=docslist_api

I would like to do the same. Please share how to do this in Nova. Thanks!

Nova Settings
    Gestures and Buttons
    Select the gesture you'd like
    Shortcuts tab
    Activities
    Scroll down to power menu
    Click to expand, two options appear (MainActivity & XposedMainActivity)
    Select the Power Menu XposedMainActivity option.
    Done!
    Is there any other besides Xposed to make this app the default way to use the power menu?!