• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App][OpenSource] MaterialPowerMenu- Reveal animations in power menu

Search This thread

slider112

Sep 9, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
I would like to do the same. Please share how to do this in Nova. Thanks!

Nova Settings
Gestures and Buttons
Select the gesture you'd like
Shortcuts tab
Activities
Scroll down to power menu
Click to expand, two options appear (MainActivity & XposedMainActivity)
Select the Power Menu XposedMainActivity option.
Done!

fieryfairy

Jun 8, 2013
thanks!

Nova Settings
Gestures and Buttons
Select the gesture you'd like
Shortcuts tab
Activities
Scroll down to power menu
Click to expand, two options appear (MainActivity & XposedMainActivity)
Select the Power Menu XposedMainActivity option.
Done!

I have installed this app and activated it in xposed, but when i press the power off button, it just powers off and no pretty material design power menu appears. But it's kind of silly to need to press another button to get to the material design power menu if it had worked. Just when I thought I couldn't get my pretty power menu on my M7, I found your post and I have found this nova gesture workaround to work so much better than pressing the physical power button! So thank you for sharing this!
:good:

Reactions: slider112

CavyS

Jul 1, 2013
A while ago, I saw a gif on Google+ demonstrating a concept of Android Power menu in material design, it contained various Circular Reveal animations introduced in Lollipop and various other beautiful animations. I was able to replicate the concept using basic xml animations and Circular Reveal APIs. This repository is the demo of the original concept.
https://github.com/naman14/MaterialPowerMenu
Google play-
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naman14.powermenu

Concept by +Igor da Silva​​​
https://dribbble.com/shots/1939117-Advanced-Power-Menu-Concept-Android-Lollipop

demo.gif

Apk for direct download(V1.2)-
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByTrPZ8aLNadellqaTFmTGNMVWc/edit?usp=docslist_api

Any idea on when you'll be able to get it to replace stock power menu on Lollipop 5.1? Running M8 GPE right now.

BretAB

Dec 24, 2014
How to get rid of / remove / disable Material Power Menu nag screen.

Hi,

This is a wonderful free and non-invasive app that does a great service to the Android community. I just have one issue: Every time I install this app, I immediately manually move a copy of the app's icon to the home screen. Then, I go nuts trying to remember how to get rid of the nag screen. As a public service announcement, please let me post the following:

When you first run Material Power menu, you get a "nag screen" that wants you to share it or rate it. To be courteous to the developer, I rate it 100% (because it deserves it), but the nag screen remains. To get rid of that nag screen, you have to press the button/area that says "Add to home screen".

So the take away here is not to manually add the app icon to your home screen, but use the button/area mentioned above.

Regards . . .

xSam-H

Jun 7, 2012
Thanks Dev for the effort in making this. All is good but for some reason I can't get the xposed side of things to work. I have downloaded the app from the app store, given it supersu permissions, enabled the module in xposed and rebooted, but for some reason when I long press the power button then power off it just powers off and doesn't show the menu. Am I missing something?

robert1337

Jan 8, 2015
@naman14 i downloaded this app on play store because it is the latest..
firstly, the shortcut selector does not work, if i try to use launcher gesture to use the shortcut, when i click it, the power menu just shows up. there is no way to even make the launcher select the shortcut.
secondly, this power menu is nowhere close as what you showed in the picture, there are no airplane mode, fullscreen mode, silent/vibrate, quiet mode etc

halfez

Jan 13, 2010
Is this app still under development?

Wondering if the xposed integration bug will be fix

Thanks

Lum_UK

May 24, 2012
Bristol
dj.lum.uk
The xposed override doesn't work on my phone's crappy ROM (Oppo F1+, ColorOS3) so I'm using xposed additions pro to launch it via its ability to remap the power button to launch an app.

Minor cosmetic niggle, when it's launched this way, it's full screen with the settings window briefly visible behind, rather than a floating window. Is there any way to fix this?

Reactions: fiver5

Top Liked Posts