[app] OpenSSL for Windows RT

bfosterjr

Jan 13, 2013
All,

Please find the attached binaries, libs, and headers for OpenSSL 0.9.8x built for 'native' Windows RT. The port required some minor edits build scripts but no code changes.

I've gone through all the unit tests included in the OpenSSL package. There was a single failure on both the 'ecsa' and 'ecdh' tests - which both failed with 521bit primes only. All other tests passed with flying colors.

I'm no epileptic curve expert, or OpenSSL expert, so I can't explain the failures but I suspect they are non-critical for the vast majority of applications using OpenSSL.

Cheers!

Attachments

noloader

Jul 29, 2012
Baltimore, MD and New York, NY
Just to be clear I built it for Windows RT (not WinRT) ..

...https://windowsrtdev.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#libs/openssl/0.9.8x/src/
see BUILD_ARM.txt for build directions
I don't see OpenSSL; and I don't see BUILD_ARM.txt.

Did you rename it something else?

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

All,

Please find the attached binaries, libs, and headers for OpenSSL 0.9.8x built for 'native' Windows RT. The port required some minor edits build scripts but no code changes.

I've gone through all the unit tests included in the OpenSSL package. There was a single failure on both the 'ecsa' and 'ecdh' tests - which both failed with 521bit primes only. All other tests passed with flying colors.

I'm no epileptic curve expert, or OpenSSL expert, so I can't explain the failures but I suspect they are non-critical for the vast majority of applications using OpenSSL.
I frequently work with OpenSSL. Would you be able to supply a diff of your changes?

git clone git://git.openssl.org/openssl.git

Jeff

bfosterjr

Jan 13, 2013
I don't see OpenSSL; and I don't see BUILD_ARM.txt.

Did you rename it something else?

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Yeah.. i recently converted codeplex from SVN to github.. and it all went to hell. Still trying to sort out the issues.

I've mirrored everything on GitHub as well.. you can find it here

https://github.com/bfosterjr/windowsrtdev

You should be able to diff from there - its very straight forward.. basically just build changes.