[APP PACK] XDA APP-PACK v1.4

Search This thread

mgorman

Aug 18, 2009
Ypsilanti
Hello all,

I've thrown together an app-pack that includes apps that i see are necessary and important to have on my phone. I was getting very frustrated with constantly having to reinstall my apps after flashing a new rom on. So i decided to create a batch file that will allow you to install back all your apps very easily.

I know there are things such as ADB file explorer, but i think that this is a much simpler way of doing it. Its also very easy for me to add apps that you guys feel needs to be included.

Let me know what you guys think.

App list
1. Root booter
2. Set cpu
3. Move cache for root users
4. Swapper
5. WiFi teather
6. Google places
7. Tmo visual voicemail
8. Shop savvy
9. Shazamm
10. Movies
11. Free dictionary
12. Ad free
13. App Manager
14. Taskiller
15. aTrackdog
16. Biz Card Reader
17. Keep Screen Lite
18. Pure Calander Lite

Change log:
v1.1
-added ability to remove apps that you don't want installed on the phone

v1.2
-corrected app pack to follow xda rules

v1.3
-added 3 new apps

v1.4
-added bizcardreader, keep screen lite and pure calander lite
-replaced apps with new updated versions from market

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WKFMZH1Y

Last edited:

DementedJesus

Sep 8, 2009
Hello all,

I've thrown together an app-pack that includes apps that i see are necessary and important to have on my phone. I was getting very frustrated with constantly having to reinstall my apps after flashing a new rom on. So i decided to create a batch file that will allow you to install back all your apps very easily.

I know there are things such as ADB file explorer, but i think that this is a much simpler way of doing it. Its also very easy for me to add apps that you guys feel needs to be included.

Change log:
v1.1

v1.2
-corrected app pack to abide by xda rules

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=30UAKYX4

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

it's EXACTLY what I was prowling around the forums for - somehow it doesnt show up in the search results so I spent around 2 hrs looking around

but it was well worth the effort!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

DementedJesus

Sep 8, 2009
Np. At least I know someone's using it lol. If there are any apps that you think should be included let me know.

Xcuse my noobness but how do I get this to auto install?

I put it on the top level of my SD card and i copied the extracted folder but when i click on app-pack, it says *file type bat not found* which isnt true cuz the .bat file is very much in the folder!

DementedJesus

Sep 8, 2009
and my apps wish list would be: (no certain order, im just typing as it comes to my mind)

1. at.lightyearapps.gtranslate.apk
2. be.vbsteven.quickcopy.apk
3. cmupdaterapp.ui.apk
4. com.a0soft.gphone.aTrackDog.apk
5. com.adamrocker.android.commantalb.apk
6. com.akproduction.notepad.apk
7. com.aloqa.me.client_modules.android.apk
8. com.androbex.activity.apk
9. com.android.stumblevision.apk
10. com.avaw.luklukpro.apk
11. com.ap.AppDock.apk
12. com.dahutu.android.FindStarbucks.apk
13. com.codethought.android.androidconvert.apk
14. com.google.android.maps.mytracks.apk
15. com.google.android.netmeter.apk
16. com.google.android.apps.mymaps.apk
17. com.google.code.apndroid.apk
18. com.google.tts.apk
19. com.kolbysoft.steel.apk
20. com.meebo.apk
21. com.os2power.web.GBirthDay.apk
22. com.p1.chompsms.apk
23. com.paxmodept.palringo.android.main.apk
24. com.qik.android.apk
25. com.ringdroid.apk
26. com.schwimmer.android.barcontrol.apk
27. com.starobject.android.starcontact.apk
28. com.tni.TasKiller.apk
29. com.wefi.wefi.apk
30. com.wikitude.apk
31. com.xtremelabs.android.speedtest.apk
32. com.wingtseng123.SystemMemoryMonitor.apk
33. com.yuki.magicwall.apk
34. com.zyxsolutions.schedulersms.apk
35. de.droidan.android.infodroid.apk
36. de.klicktel.android.apk
37. edu.mit.locale.apk
38. info.marcelp.android.locmark.apk
39. net.jaqpot.netcounter.apk
40. org.andnav2.apk

Out of the 225 apps on my phone, those are the ones I most frequently use and reinstall after every flash :(

I tried to avoid any apps you've already included in the pack, apologies if I erred

mgorman

Aug 18, 2009
Ypsilanti
You extract the folder to c:\android and then run the .bat file.

This is done via ADB. It is not something you put on your phone and run. It is run through windows

mgorman

Aug 18, 2009
Ypsilanti
and my apps wish list would be: (no certain order, im just typing as it comes to my mind)

1. at.lightyearapps.gtranslate.apk
2. be.vbsteven.quickcopy.apk
3. cmupdaterapp.ui.apk
4. com.a0soft.gphone.aTrackDog.apk
5. com.adamrocker.android.commantalb.apk
6. com.akproduction.notepad.apk
7. com.aloqa.me.client_modules.android.apk
8. com.androbex.activity.apk
9. com.android.stumblevision.apk
10. com.avaw.luklukpro.apk
11. com.ap.AppDock.apk
12. com.dahutu.android.FindStarbucks.apk
13. com.codethought.android.androidconvert.apk
14. com.google.android.maps.mytracks.apk
15. com.google.android.netmeter.apk
16. com.google.android.apps.mymaps.apk
17. com.google.code.apndroid.apk
18. com.google.tts.apk
19. com.kolbysoft.steel.apk
20. com.meebo.apk
21. com.os2power.web.GBirthDay.apk
22. com.p1.chompsms.apk
23. com.paxmodept.palringo.android.main.apk
24. com.qik.android.apk
25. com.ringdroid.apk
26. com.schwimmer.android.barcontrol.apk
27. com.starobject.android.starcontact.apk
28. com.tni.TasKiller.apk
29. com.wefi.wefi.apk
30. com.wikitude.apk
31. com.xtremelabs.android.speedtest.apk
32. com.wingtseng123.SystemMemoryMonitor.apk
33. com.yuki.magicwall.apk
34. com.zyxsolutions.schedulersms.apk
35. de.droidan.android.infodroid.apk
36. de.klicktel.android.apk
37. edu.mit.locale.apk
38. info.marcelp.android.locmark.apk
39. net.jaqpot.netcounter.apk
40. org.andnav2.apk

Out of the 225 apps on my phone, those are the ones I most frequently use and reinstall after every flash :(

I tried to avoid any apps you've already included in the pack, apologies if I erred

I'm looking for apps that every one uses. Not just ones that you find important.

DementedJesus

Sep 8, 2009
I'm looking for apps that every one uses. Not just ones that you find important.

i do think most of the listed apps have common appeal ... which is why i boiled it down to those listed above. ok, a few listed above might not appeal to everybody but thats why you permitted an option to deselect apps users dont want, right? :)

technicolor

Sep 1, 2009
Can you telkl me what is the exact command i ll have to run using adb?? I have adb setup and used it to install apk files, copied to and from using adb push and pull options. But how would i run a bat file using adb. Exact command will be helpful thanks

I think you should add

Astro File Manager
Android face Book App
Twidgit Lite (Or another twitter app)
Google Voice will be nice too
Weather widget

This will make things so much easier, not going through the market to reinstall all the apps

mgorman

Aug 18, 2009
Ypsilanti
Can you telkl me what is the exact command i ll have to run using adb?? I have adb setup and used it to install apk files, copied to and from using adb push and pull options. But how would i run a bat file using adb. Exact command will be helpful thanks

I think you should add

Astro File Manager
Android face Book App
Twidgit Lite (Or another twitter app)
Google Voice will be nice too
Weather widget

This will make things so much easier, not going through the market to reinstall all the apps

If you send me the .apks ill add them to the app pack. Its a big hassle to goto market to dload them just to get the .apk. and all you have to do is extract the XDA APP-PACK folder to c:\android (you should have adb stuff in there if you followed the directions for running adb) and then just double click the batch file. it will do the rest.

DementedJesus

Sep 8, 2009
Hello all,

App list
1. Root booter
2. Set cpu
3. Move cache for root users
4. Swapper
5. WiFi teather
6. Google places
7. Tmo visual voicemail
8. Shop savvy
9. Shazamm
10. Movies
11. Free dictionary
12. Ad free
13. App Manager
14. Taskiller
15. aTrackdog
16. Biz Card Reader
17. Keep Screen Lite
18. Pure Calander Lite

Change log:
v1.1

v1.2
-corrected app pack to follow xda rules

v1.3
-added 3 new apps

v1.4
-added bizcardreader, keep screen lite and pure calander lite
-replaced apps with new updated versions from market

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WKFMZH1Y

what would be of IMMENSE help to a lot of users is a 'how to' document with the pack

you will have some eternally grateful people around you :D

mgorman

Aug 18, 2009
Ypsilanti
What do you mean a "how-to"? There is a read me file inside of the zip that says where you need to extract the folder too. Other then that its self explanatory.

DementedJesus

Sep 8, 2009
What do you mean a "how-to"? There is a read me file inside of the zip that says where you need to extract the folder too. Other then that its self explanatory.

but thats the point!

it's self explanatory to advanced users like you, not to the noobs like me

what im talking abt is a 'step 1 download the SDK / step 2 extract it to C:\' kinda thing

if you can just send this info to me and i can put it into a word document and send it back to you with text formatting and stuff so we can stick it into the .zip alongwith the files in there

mgorman

Aug 18, 2009
Ypsilanti
but thats the point!

it's self explanatory to advanced users like you, not to the noobs like me

what im talking abt is a 'step 1 download the SDK / step 2 extract it to C:\' kinda thing

if you can just send this info to me and i can put it into a word document and send it back to you with text formatting and stuff so we can stick it into the .zip alongwith the files in there

Step 1. Extract zip to c:/android
Step 2. Run the .bat file

This is all based around the fact that you should have adb installed and running on your computer. If you dont, search the forums to find out how to do it.

Crymson

Apr 24, 2008
Just curious...

If I install these apps this way, will they be listed under 'my downloads' in the market section, so I can see if they have been updated?