• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App][Patch] Messenger Original Chat Head on Android 11+ [Safe] [Self-Update]

Search This thread

n_boy86

Jul 9, 2009

NeonOrbit

Jul 14, 2021
Now it's just force close so no bug message only crash
Then I'll need some time to fix it.
You can use this one for now. (It's not patched, so few things might not work, eg: sharing post from fb to messenger won't work).
Wait for me to upload a patched version.

Attachments

• Facebook-v345.0.0.34.118-signed.apk
    70.7 MB · Views: 14

n_boy86

Jul 9, 2009
Then I'll need some time to fix it.
You can use this one for now. (It's not patched, so few things might not work, eg: sharing post from fb to messenger won't work).
Wait for me to upload a patched version.
Yes its ok .I hope you can fix it cause now messenger works. 😀Cause the patched version on android 11 press messenger symbol takes you directly to the chat or list. Most other is only takes me to window account like the signed version it's not takes me to messenger directly

Last edited:

NeonOrbit

Jul 14, 2021
Yes its ok .I hope you can fix it cause now messenger works. 😀Cause the patched version on android 11 press messenger symbol takes you directly to the chat or list. Most other is only takes me to window account like the signed version it's not takes me to messenger directly
I'm not on Android 12 yet, so I can't test it.
However I'll try to fix it soon.

Last edited:

NeonOrbit

Jul 14, 2021
Do I need adb can't I not create a bug rapport?
adb is fast. Bug report takes time to generate, you might have to send several times.
Install the patched facebook app that I sent you yesterday, open/close it 2/3 times (do the same for messenger). Then create a bug report and send me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Works like a charm on my Poco X3 Pro, chat head's working now. I'll come back if I encounter any bugs. Thanks!
    Find all apps from settings, and uninstall it from there.
    In some phone, it's inside Settings > Apps > Manage Apps

If you uninstall patched messenger, ChatHeadEnabler will be disabled itself anyway.
    thank you for information sir i though the app is hiddden
    Hello, thank you for this! It works great only bug I found is when you share from tiktok and chose messenger it gets you in google play store app on messenger.
    I have the same problem, the solution is to choose other at the share screen, then choose messenger again and it works.
    Hello, thank you for this! It works great only bug I found is when you share from tiktok and chose messenger it gets you in google play store app on messenger.
    This is not a messenger bug. Tiktok is redirecting to playstore if messenger signature doesn't match (I don't know why they even checking signature). There's no way to control it from messenger. Check previous reply for solution.
    I can install it without any problem, no idea what's the issue on ur device. Try this version. If still doesn't install, then I'm out of options.
    Ech, still no luck. Thank you for trying
    [No-Root] - [For All Devices] - [Self-Patch Available]

A clean way to bring back Messenger chat head for non-rooted devices.
    -> [Safe] -> [Open source] -> [All features are working] -> [Tools to patch new update yourself]

Notice: If your phone is rooted, you should follow this rooted method instead. (with rooted method, you can use official messenger from playstore). Check this Tutorial.

Enable Facebook Messenger Chat Head
    [Last Update: 05-Nov-2021]

Download:
    - ChatHeadEnabler-v2.2.1.apk (348 KB)
    - Messenger-v336.0.0.13.142.apk (48 MB)

Installation:
    - Uninstall all fb apps (only for the first time): facebook, messenger, facebook lite, etc.
    - First Install ChatHeadEnabler module.
    - After that, Install the Messenger app from here.
    - Optionally, Install other Facebook apps (from below).
    - Done

Optional Apps:
    - Facebook-v342.0.0.37.119.apk (72 MB)
    - Facebook-lite-v274.0.0.22.117.apk (1.6 MB)
    - Business-suite-v334.0.0.37.117.apk (76 MB)

If you are experiencing any issue, read this Notice.

For normal users, that's all. Come back to download new update from here, or watch the post to get notified.
    [If this was helpful to you, consider writing a comment and share this post with your device related group]

If you want to patch new update yourself, check Patching Instructions.

$--> For normal users, I might provide an Android app to patch messenger on your phone with simple clicks. (Only if enough peoples are interested, otherwise it's not worth the work.)

$--> For Advanced users, follow the Patching Instructions (PC Required)

Instructions:
    - Download MRVPatcher-5.1.1.jar
    - Download and Install Java JRE 11
    - Download Messenger apk from ApkMirror [1]
    - Move the MRVPatcher tool to a folder.
    - Move the Messenger apk to the same folder.
    - Open terminal (or cmd) on that folder.
    - Run command: [2]
    Code:
    java -jar MRVPatcher-5.1.1.jar Messenger.apk
    - A new file Messenger-mrv.apk will be produced.
    - Follow the same instructions for Facebook app or any other Facebook related apps.

[1]: Do not download aplha/beta version from ApkMirror.
    [2]: To sign with your own key, use -ks option. Do not sign patched apk manually.
    [*]: For more info, run java -jar MRVPatcher-5.1.1.jar -h

[MRVPatcher is based on lsposed (open source tool), customized and highly optimized for Facebook related apps only.]

[Customized code needs heavy refactor before publish. As seems no one is interested, I'm not motivated enough to do it quickly. If you want to be sure it's safe, simply check dex and library hash with lsposed binary and then decompile patch classes. I didn't use progaurd, so all codes are pretty readable.]

Source Code: Github
    This is the only method I found where chat head works on all landscape direction mode. Also finally external sharing problem solved. Thanks.
    Another bug I discovered in the fb app... When u send a reaction to someones story, the screen goes blackand u have to restart the app.
    I'm working on a new patch, hoping to fix all issues. It'll take some times
    Thanks alot for the messenger app with chat heads... You save MIUI users.
    I wish that you write subject about patch the app for Android users.
    Thanks, I'll try.
    It takes time to load on first launch, that's why shows white screen for few second.
    Here is the facebook app.
    Thank u 😀