[APP] Patched ad-free YouTube APKs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Bazcraig

Sep 12, 2009
This has been working for me flawlessly for months, but the last few days I cant stop the app store auto updating the YouTube app. I am able to get a few hours after flashing before Youtube updates and I get ads again. Is anyone else experiencing?

millbag

Aug 3, 2017
As of 2nd of August, I'm now receiving ads in full during video on the 12.27.53 and the old 12.19.56. Also, there is no skip button :crying: Strange that this happens periodically almost once a month for this year, but then disappears the next day. This time, not so. I didn't make any changes or modification to android. The weirdest part though is how I've read in the past that "logging out" of your youtube account eliminates ads. Sure enough, log out on 12.19.56 and I go back to the same videos as before, no ads and it goes right past the yellow markers where an ad would be. The current 12.27.53 has inconsistent results when logged out. Already used your installer to reinstall fresh multiple times to no success.

Hopefully my experiment there gives some clue to the puzzle. 5 to 6 one minute ads in a 15 min video with another one at the start and end of every video is really discouraging on android, thanks to youtube. Haven't seen a youtube ad on PC in probably a decade =/

Segnale007

Feb 24, 2010
Mexico City
twitter.com
@arter97 I have been using your modded youtube app for awhile and it is amazing.

However, I am trying to block youtube ads at home and LAN wide for those who don't have a rooted android phone or don't have an Android phone to begin with. Would you mind helping me with the blocked domains list you are using with your app?

Thanks

s.pwyll

Feb 17, 2011
Using Adaway and visiting YouTube in the Firefox browser still works to not see the ads. It's not as elegant as arter97's work, but it's what I was doing once I had to give up Xposed for the V20 before I found out he'd made a "non-Xposed" version. I'll install a fixed apk if Google hasn't figured out a way to shut arter97's brilliant work down completely, but until then I'm back to browsing the "desktop site" with Firefox and clicking on the full-screen view.

DanteGR

Dec 14, 2010
Thessaloniki
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 11
This has been working for me flawlessly for months, but the last few days I cant stop the app store auto updating the YouTube app. I am able to get a few hours after flashing before Youtube updates and I get ads again. Is anyone else experiencing?
I have auto updates set to off in play store and it never downloaded something automatically. Did you check that option?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Netsab

Aug 29, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
OnePlus 6
Last edited:

mackeftw1

Sep 12, 2015
Göteborg

baxtex

Oct 16, 2011
For the last 10 days i've been seeing ads on the 20 July version of this. Damn youtube is unusable with ads :D

Reactions: Netsab

abemore

Jul 31, 2012
To everyone looking for a working version just use the magisk module for iYTBP here-
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-iytbp-magisk-t3619705

I tried all of the arter97 apks, all of the iYTBP apks, and the xposed module and this is the only working method for me and all of my devices.
Thanks!

arter97's mod stopped working for me. This Magisk module works great AND it includes background playback!

For anyone moving to this Magisk module, don't forget to delete arter97's​ yt.sh script in /system/addon.d

baxtex

Oct 16, 2011
Hmm this is really weird. As I said I'm using the version from 20 July(currently latest with adblock enabled) but I'm still seeing ads. However today when I opened the app I have this new bottom navbar category called "shared"(not sure of the english translation here) so the app have somehow updated itself even though I have turned autoupdating off. And if I got to the Play store and look I can still manually update the youitube app... really weird.

Brds7t7

Sep 25, 2010
Nottingham
Hmm this is really weird. As I said I'm using the version from 20 July(currently latest with adblock enabled) but I'm still seeing ads. However today when I opened the app I have this new bottom navbar category called "shared"(not sure of the english translation here) so the app have somehow updated itself even though I have turned autoupdating off. And if I got to the Play store and look I can still manually update the youitube app... really weird.

The shared functionality is a server-side update. Even if you're using an older version it will still appear without you updating the app.

Last edited:

magician369

Jan 30, 2011
abu dhabi
To everyone looking for a working version just use the magisk module for iYTBP here-
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-iytbp-magisk-t3619705

I tried all of the arter97 apks, all of the iYTBP apks, and the xposed module and this is the only working method for me and all of my devices.
I have the adfree youtube app from this thread. If i want to install the module do I have to roll back to the original youtube app and then do the Magisk methode ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: BossStang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huge thanks to @wanam for helping me doing it in the smali way :)

/* Info */

We all know removing ads is possible via YouTube AdAway module on Xposed.
    Unfortunately, there's a quite a bit of people who don't want to go install Xposed just because of it.
    So here are patched APKs, which don't require Xposed.

Unfortunately, this requires root :/

I'll update whenever I have time.

/* Downloads */

APK : http://arter97.com/browse/youtube/adaway
    Installer : http://arter97.com/browse/youtube/arter97-youtube-installer.zip
    Please read the instructions!
    nodpi works for every device.
    However, if you're annoyed to see Play Store's update pending, use the APK dedicated for your device's DPI.

/* Notes about the installer */

I've made this installer to make it easier for the users to install.
    This installer is only for Android 4.4+.
    If you're running older versions of Android, install manually.

This installer is not a complete flashable zip file!
    It still requires the APK file to be in /sdcard/Download.
    My installer will search through the download directory and install the latest APK.
    (This means, you don't have to remove the old versions of the APK in /sdcard/Download)

The installer will extract the APK and install the necessary libraries.

If the ROM is compatible, the installer will also install an addon.d script,
    so that you won't have to run the installer again whenever you upgrade your ROM.

/* Steps */

1. Download the apk.zip file
    (Refer to http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/youtube/ for which apk you should download)
    2. Extract the zip and place the apk file in /sdcard/Download
    3. Download the installer
    4. Flash the installer in the recovery

/* Thanks to */

Wanam
    apkmirror.com
    OpenGapps
    New 20 APKs posted(version 12.05.53).
    Thanks to @wanam

Following the newly updated adaway module by @wanam,
    some major new changes has been made.

The exact way on how to block ads is a bit different from Xposed-way, but the final results should be similar.
    I tested by start playing about 200 videos and no ads were shown.

http://www.arter97.com/browse/youtube/adaway/

Please let me know if you encounter any FCs.
    And as always, please use the installer from the OP.
    Updated to 12.12.53
    Updated to 12.13.53
    Updated to 11.47.72