app permissions removed by phone without asking!

Search This thread

revized

May 30, 2009
united sins of america
I always had suspected that Samsung would infringe on my new phone, finally received evidence directly from Samsung so its undeniable now!

Attachments

• 2021_07_19_12.01.13.jpg
    2021_07_19_12.01.13.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 41
I always had suspected that Samsung would infringe on my new phone, finally received evidence directly from Samsung so its undeniable now!
You should probably spend some time learning about Android 11 and up and the permissions. If you look, you will see this is an option YOU can control.

Don't blame Samsung for your lack of knowledge.

Start here:

Last edited:

revized

May 30, 2009
united sins of america
i like getting home from work or using weekends spending the evening ticking boxes windows 10 style has always been a favorite of mine, phew windows xp was so boring, nothing to always fix, and thanks android 11 now I get to have all kinds of fun reading through litigation style setting the power that be keep implementing on MY device, kinda like buying a car and regularly functions change, causing annoying problems, (oh wait maybe updates never cause problems? )
so should we start updating automobiles for all that fun downtime and relaxing manual reading goodness? 🤔

nah window xp and note 10 is the way for me see👌

Reactions: blackhawk
yup.... I wont go on a rant (which means I will...) but this, along with other compromises like this have convinced me there needs to be a minor Revolution in handsets. I mean a device created remind you of the device next to it. Unfortunately I smashed my phone a few months ago and at an inopportune time was forced to choose a new one. I left the whole table open (barring how ridiculous). I chose a pixel 4XL. There were many factors ( mostly personal preferences), but in the end I saw the writing on the wall. Nothing impressed me. A brand new phone would be painful proper rooting. This left only the devices worked over by better individuals (xda members).
And when it came down to it if the bootloader couldn't be unlocked, it was a deal-breaker.

I think the last genuine phone for the average nerd was the Nexus 6.

.... Okay I vented 😁.

I had the same issue in Android 12 with my new handset except only Google didn't tell me like Samsung told you. They just did it.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
yup.... I wont go on a rant (which means I will...) but this, along with other compromises like this have convinced me there needs to be a minor Revolution in handsets. I mean a device created remind you of the device next to it. Unfortunately I smashed my phone a few months ago and at an inopportune time was forced to choose a new one. I left the whole table open (barring how ridiculous). I chose a pixel 4XL. There were many factors ( mostly personal preferences), but in the end I saw the writing on the wall. Nothing impressed me. A brand new phone would be painful proper rooting. This left only the devices worked over by better individuals (xda members).
And when it came down to it if the bootloader couldn't be unlocked, it was a deal-breaker.

.... Okay I vented 😁.

I had the same issue in Android 12 are my new handset only Google tell me like Samsung told you. They just did it.
Android and Samsung are a mess now. I got my 2nd new N10+ less a year ago. Both are stock running on 9 and 10. Even though I disable firmware updates/upgrades I still fight with Samsung apps like Wearables for the Buds+.
It's updates and performance zenithed about a year ago, everything since just degrades it, including the audio. I roll it back but it wants to force update. Fighting with it now, again*.

Samsung hasn't released anything near as good since the N10+, they've lost their minds. Fk em.
Android reached their zenith at 9, scoped storage sucks and isn't needed. This N10+ running on 9 has no issues other than what Samsung continues to screw with🤣
I use whatever works and comes in handy even if it's 3 years old. That goes for hardware and firmware... I don't give a rat's arse about having the newest if it isn't a well balanced, clean running improvement.

* edit, fixed. Uninstalled all Buds and Wearables updates, reinstalled older saved versions, after firewall blocking specific update UIDs. Old UI and the sound volume/Q restored.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilgrimsprogress

Pilgrimsprogress

Aug 9, 2022
You should probably spend some time learning about Android 11 and up and the permissions. If you look, you will see this is an option YOU can control.

Don't blame Samsung for your lack of knowledge.

Start here:

I completely understand what your saying, I just think phone owners can spend free time if they chose to just use the phone and be cool, not need to get a huge secrets and tips book like for windows 7 and now 1 of those books for each new phones because of all the absurd changes that went along with scraping the world best os xp and note 3 in my option. Companies lost it to long ago, can't do a make over on a UI without all kinda of restrictions oh I meant goodness. So long gone are the super chill days, it's time to become a mini tech support technician when you get home from work 😆

Android and Samsung are a mess now. I got my 2nd new N10+ less a year ago. Both are stock running on 9 and 10. Even though I disable firmware updates/upgrades I still fight with Samsung apps like Wearables for the Buds+.
It's updates and performance zenithed about a year ago, everything since just degrades it, including the audio. I roll it back but it wants to force update. Fighting with it now, again*.

Samsung hasn't released anything near as good since the N10+, they've lost their minds. Fk em.
Android reached their zenith at 9, scoped storage sucks and isn't needed. This N10+ running on 9 has no issues other than what Samsung continues to screw with🤣
I use whatever works and comes in handy even if it's 3 years old. That goes for hardware and firmware... I don't give a rat's arse about having the newest if it isn't a well balanced, clean running improvement.

* edit, fixed. Uninstalled all Buds and Wearables updates, reinstalled older saved versions, after firewall blocking specific update UIDs. Old UI and the sound volume/Q restored.
One of the few features of Samsung that I like is that of you keep your Samsung account and Google account sperated (not sure if this is actually necessary) and your phone is compromised you may have a 2nd chance at redemption... Samsung seems to give more hardware for the $ tho..... 🤔

But that makes you that much more of their product in my opinion....

I do miss my note pen sometimes tho 🤏

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
One of the few features of Samsung that I like is that of you keep your Samsung account and Google account sperated (not sure if this is actually necessary) and your phone is compromised you may have a 2nd chance at redemption... Samsung seems to give more hardware for the $ tho..... 🤔

But that makes you that much more of their product in my opinion....

I do miss my note pen sometimes tho 🤏
I never set a lock on the phone and make sure I have the Google account password impossibly long, complex and etched in stone.
Find my Device is always disabled.
No social media apps on the phone, wifi always disabled.

Lol, being a Google product sucks. Zero trust in the ruling elites; they've weaponized our devices along with most everything else.

The spen is very useful when you need it. In the N10+ it just nests, protected, until it's needed. Some things can't be done easily or at all without it. Smart select rocks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

.... Okay I vented 😁.

I had the same issue in Android 12 with my new handset except only Google didn't tell me like Samsung told you. They just did it.
    Since Pie and especially 11 onward Android is full of unpleasant surprises.
    I would have it left on 10... I'm deliberately still running Pie on my 10+
    i like getting home from work or using weekends spending the evening ticking boxes windows 10 style has always been a favorite of mine, phew windows xp was so boring, nothing to always fix, and thanks android 11 now I get to have all kinds of fun reading through litigation style setting the power that be keep implementing on MY device, kinda like buying a car and regularly functions change, causing annoying problems, (oh wait maybe updates never cause problems? )
    so should we start updating automobiles for all that fun downtime and relaxing manual reading goodness? 🤔

nah window xp and note 10 is the way for me see👌

.... Okay I vented 😁.

I had the same issue in Android 12 are my new handset only Google tell me like Samsung told you. They just did it.