• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] POPUP 7 A Concept Notification Center for Andorid, WP7 themed(Updated V3.1)

Search This thread

smartdevs

Feb 27, 2011
Attached some ScreenShots...
HI there,
Introducing POPUP 7
A application which shows sms with sender photo and sms contents without disturbing any of your works. It comes from background and disappears.
Do not halt/pause your Games, any other work. Amazingly you can access your work even when this app is showing messages.
Click on popup to view sms thread just like in Windows Phone 7.
You can completely Customize look for this app.
1. Ability to show hide contact Image.
2. Ability to change color.
3. Ability to set duration.
4. Ability to show number of message lines.
5. Click on arrow to view complete message.
Any Suggestions are welcome.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.np.smsPopupPlusfree&feature=search_result

***NOTE***
For those who are using GOSMSPRO and Popup 7 is not working
In goSmsPro go to menu->setting ->ReceiveSetting... Please UNCHECK "DISABLE OTHER MESSAGE NOTIFICATION " option.
This will resolve problem.. please do not RATE low as this is not a fault of this app, that settings in go sms suppresses androids default Intents for sms received.

ToDO:

Working to make POPUP 7 as complete Notification center for android. If anyone wants to join me or give suggestions they are welcome.
Here is Concept what it will look like:
(This concept is originally from Yanko Andreev who joined me to make it true, this is just a concept, POPUP 7 will not be exactly like this.)
This is Concept picture of Notification Center, This kind of notification center will be implemented for POPUP 7. It is not there right now but it is in development.
notification_center_wp7_by_yankoa-d4cah58.jpg

Attachments

• device-2011-09-05-000306.png
    device-2011-09-05-000306.png
    27 KB · Views: 10,606
  • device-2011-09-05-000405.png
    device-2011-09-05-000405.png
    59 KB · Views: 9,700
  • device-2011-09-05-000448.png
    device-2011-09-05-000448.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 7,791
  • device-2011-09-05-000529.png
    device-2011-09-05-000529.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 6,628
Last edited:

om252345

Sep 14, 2010
Nice App, need to add more options..

app is nice, do not disturb any of work in background, its amazing that will replying I can still access my background work.
I want to see some other options too in this..

Reactions: smartdevs

ajk1311

Oct 25, 2010
app is nice, do not disturb any of work in background, its amazing that will replying I can still access my background work.

Yeah I agree. This app is pretty cool so far, but it does not handle multiple texts well. Some features I'd suggest are to display the message text while the reply entry box is up, open keyboard automatically when "reply" is pressed, close popup when "read" is pressed, not make the whole popup background open SMS app (easily do this by accident when trying to press arrow), and custom color choice, including transparency.

Like i said tho, great app so far, especially considering it just came out. So keep up the development and I can see this turning into a success

Reactions: smartdevs

karthik1der

Jun 26, 2011
seems good but i dont want to message content to be displayed in the popup unless i click some button to show it..please do add this feature and i would definitely buy it.

smartdevs

Feb 27, 2011
Updates are coming...

Yeah I agree. This app is pretty cool so far, but it does not handle multiple texts well.
Hi ajk1311,
Thanks for your suggestions :), these all things are considered and I am releasing one update for multimessage handling.
Some features I'd suggest are to display the message text while the reply entry box is up, open keyboard automatically when "reply" is pressed,
Idea behind this app is to make user read/reply message but being very less obtrusive. User should be able to access background work while doing these activities, so I think showing original message while replying will make message window large.;)
close popup when "read" is pressed, not make the whole popup background open SMS app (easily do this by accident when trying to press arrow), and custom color choice, including transparency.
These suggestions will be in next update. :)
Like i said tho, great app so far, especially considering it just came out. So keep up the development and I can see this turning into a success

POPUP 7 is intended for much more than just sms messaging and next few updates will prove that. :cool:

Reactions: ajk1311

jamaljmys

Dec 16, 2007
very nice application thank you.
may i suggest to include popup for E.mails also (K9)? it will be unique one on android.

thanks again

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
This looks promising, but I think if you want to attract more users, to some degree you should really work on getting better (higher-res) images on the Market app page. They do not make the app look attractive, enough to the extent that it can easily dissuade many [superficial albeit average] users.
Just wondering, how does the app handle incoming texts when the screen is off and lockscreen enabled? Can it turn on the screen and bypass the lockscreen? Also, I'm looking at the pay version and from the screenshots, the Reply, Read, and Delete buttons look quite ugly and unfitting given this is supposedly inspired by WP7.
Other than those points, everything I had in mind was already nicely stated by ajk1311. This app looks promising, I will keep an eye out on this development...

smartdevs

Feb 27, 2011
Next Update plans

This looks promising, but I think if you want to attract more users, to some degree you should really work on getting better (higher-res) images on the Market app page. They do not make the app look attractive, enough to the extent that it can easily dissuade many [superficial albeit average] users.
Just wondering, how does the app handle incoming texts when the screen is off and lockscreen enabled? Can it turn on the screen and bypass the lockscreen? Also, I'm looking at the pay version and from the screenshots, the Reply, Read, and Delete buttons look quite ugly and unfitting given this is supposedly inspired by WP7.
Other than those points, everything I had in mind was already nicely stated by ajk1311. This app looks promising, I will keep an eye out on this development...

Hi c00ller,
Thanks for feedback,
Next update(after 2 days) for this app will handle Ringtones, Lockscreen and wake locks.
After implementation of bug free basic functionalities I am going to add some more advance functionalities like reminder for sms, missed call alert, kmail Integration and Incall popup, outgoing call popup.
The idea behind such implementation is to make life easy on mobiles and give some high usable apps. :)

Reactions: c00ller

bryant_16

May 3, 2007
Thanks for this application dev!

Certainly bringing convenience to us. Will there be an update where it will handle the SMS at the top for reply straight? It will be very convenient for us if this is available.

Will be looking forward to the update!

karthik1der

Jun 26, 2011
Hey dev is there any chance to include message content privacy feature ...surely there would be many like me who woudnt want others to see the message content easily and as others said the ability to reply with in the popup itself instead of going to the message application

ajk1311

Oct 25, 2010
I like the update! Makes the popup a little more user friendly. After pressing the 'reply' button, however, the popup gets kind of distorted with a noticeable separation between the entry box and the rest of the popup. Another feature, that idk if is development or not, that i thought of was a way to return to the message text after pressing reply, so we can refer to the message content if need be. Good update and I love the quick responses and development! Keep it up!

citizen_x

Aug 30, 2011
blazingdroid.blogspot.com
First of all, you already know it's a good idea and it will catch up if you make it snappy and jazzy looking.

Secondly, try googling some wp7 icons, and put those instead of the simple rectangular buttons. +1 for good looks and wp7 feel.

third thing - I don't know if it's possible, but consider overtaking the notification bar for a while to have more screen real estate. Stock vanilla sms app can do it, I remember sense sms app can do it too - it overtakes the notification bar space, leaving just the clock, battery and reception icons and displays a newly arrived text message for a short period of time.

Quite useful, it's just the notification bar itself it often not big enough, so I'm just thinking, maybe you could break the message in two parts, send one part to the notification bar, the rest to your view, then you'd have the whole message on a bigger screen estate.

abee_13

Oct 7, 2010
Love this app . In a future update can you add like a fade away ?
Also a plain black or white background?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smartdevs

Feb 27, 2011
Update 1.4 With some new buttons..

Hi All,
I have updated POPUP 7 paid app with some new buttons and functionality to reply also changed.
Check out new Update.

smartdevs

Feb 27, 2011
Privacy Feature in POPUP 7

Hey dev is there any chance to include message content privacy feature ...surely there would be many like me who woudnt want others to see the message content easily and as others said the ability to reply with in the popup itself instead of going to the message application
Hi karthik1der,
Content Privacy feature will be there in next update.
But tell me one thing, what Kind of Privacy feature you are refering to?
One I am thinking is give user ability not to show sms Content for some specified Contacts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attached some ScreenShots...
    HI there,
    Introducing POPUP 7
    A application which shows sms with sender photo and sms contents without disturbing any of your works. It comes from background and disappears.
    Do not halt/pause your Games, any other work. Amazingly you can access your work even when this app is showing messages.
    Click on popup to view sms thread just like in Windows Phone 7.
    You can completely Customize look for this app.
    1. Ability to show hide contact Image.
    2. Ability to change color.
    3. Ability to set duration.
    4. Ability to show number of message lines.
    5. Click on arrow to view complete message.
    Any Suggestions are welcome.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.np.smsPopupPlusfree&feature=search_result

***NOTE***
    For those who are using GOSMSPRO and Popup 7 is not working
    In goSmsPro go to menu->setting ->ReceiveSetting... Please UNCHECK "DISABLE OTHER MESSAGE NOTIFICATION " option.
    This will resolve problem.. please do not RATE low as this is not a fault of this app, that settings in go sms suppresses androids default Intents for sms received.

ToDO:

Working to make POPUP 7 as complete Notification center for android. If anyone wants to join me or give suggestions they are welcome.
    Here is Concept what it will look like:
    (This concept is originally from Yanko Andreev who joined me to make it true, this is just a concept, POPUP 7 will not be exactly like this.)
    This is Concept picture of Notification Center, This kind of notification center will be implemented for POPUP 7. It is not there right now but it is in development.
    notification_center_wp7_by_yankoa-d4cah58.jpg
    This bug fixed with some others reported..

Idk if this has to do with the last update but sometimes when I reply from popup 7 it won't actually send the message. I go into chomp to check on the message and the spinner just hangs there like its not sent
    This bug is fixed now with some other reported.
    Sorry for inconvenience caused by this.
    v1.77 pushed to market, update once it is available.

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

When you disable notification in popup 7 it disables the theme setting too.

Sent from my ME525+ using xda premium

Hi,
    this is fixed in new update version 1.77.
    please check and update from market..

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

I really like this app, but it wouldn't mark my messages as read and there were several times that the LED wouldn't stop blinking until I restarted my phone. I ended up uninstalling it because of the bugs, but hopefully they can be fixed and I'll give it another try in the future.
    Send me details about your phone, will fix the bugs you are facing...

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

It would be great if you could make this work with Google Voice because that is what I send all of my text through.
    GV feature with some other features like K9-Email and Miss call alerts are in ToDo for POPUP7.
    you will get these features soon, may be in 15 days..
    Nice App, need to add more options..

Yeah I agree. This app is pretty cool so far, but it does not handle multiple texts well. Some features I'd suggest are to display the message text while the reply entry box is up, open keyboard automatically when "reply" is pressed, close popup when "read" is pressed, not make the whole popup background open SMS app (easily do this by accident when trying to press arrow), and custom color choice, including transparency.

I am extremely sorry for the delay. I am checking this after long time. I was kinda stuck in personal problems. I am not giving up on this development. Concept shown in first post will be implemented. Support for MMS and other notification is ready but i messed with code and did not.get time to correct that. So couldn't release new update. Will update it soon.
    Pls bear with me.