[APP][PORT]CM13 Trebuchet (Laucher) for any ROM (v 6.0.1)

Search This thread

alesimula

Apr 2, 2016
19f5228b-5309-43dd-b219-400fd812c8d4.png

TREBUCHET CM13-SNAPSHOT LAUNCHER PORTING v6.0.1.6

Newer version (from LineageOS 15)
Enjoy the CyanogenMod launcher on any device
Just install the apk file and set it as default android launcher
DOWNLOAD APP (XDA LABS STORE)
DOWNLOAD APK (MEDIAFIRE)

INSTALLER FOR CM12/12.1 (FLASHABLE)(CMfeatures)

Screenshots
7f7b7a29-f651-452d-bcf2-64011cb5318c.png
442ff5b5-3222-44d4-9313-6f19e9e182ab.png
83ba9fc9-cbfc-44d7-a34f-97d6feb3118e.png
c3505519-408b-49c1-9b20-003bbda05a4e.png
b1ec405c-7148-4a96-a843-db3604a234fc.png
1a2e7fe5-438c-4a3f-a64b-41a4ed529459.png
281419dc-8b28-47cb-9191-c3957f7ffd93.png
30fc2d3f-b4a0-4f8b-8e2b-982c8515ab9b.png

Known bugs and fixes
To see the SearchBar, Google app must be installed and you have to grant Trebuchet the permission; just add a random witdget, a popup asking you to grant the permission will then appear
Please state your ROM and Android version when reporting bugs

Tested on
Android 5 (Lollipop) based roms
Android 5.1 (Lollipop) based roms
Android 6 (MarshMallow) based roms
Android 7.x (Nougat) based roms

Please notice that this porting required work and dedication; Trebuchet launcher belongs to Cyanogen so i cannot force you not resharing the porting as your work as i don't own its rights, but it would be nice of you if you didn't and if you shared the XDA thread link instead; thanks for understanding.

(MODDED FILES) (LOLLIPOP COMPATIBILITY MOD) (modified smali and res + original Trebuchet decompiled apk) (stoppped providing with new versions due to the big amount of modified files) (these are just to clear the minds of people telling me i "copied the apk from the ROM", which wouldn't even work; if you don't know what they are do not download them)

Last edited:

pankajdj007

Jul 7, 2014
Navi Mumbai
TREBUCHET CM13-SNAPSHOT LAUNCHER PORTING v 6.0.1

(sorry for the fragmented link but as a new member i cannot post external links, just remove the "___")

Known bugs and fixes
To see the SearchBar Google app must be installed and you have to grant Trebuchet the permission; just add a random witdget, a popup asking you to grant the permission will then appear

Tested on

Please notice that this porting required work and dedication; Trebuchet launcher belongs to Cyanogen so i cannot force you not resharing the porting as your work as i don't own its right, but it would be nice of you if you didn't and if you shared the XDA thread link instead; thanks for understanding.

you can attach file in your post, click edit and check Additional Options below
Additional Options>Attach Files>Manage attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: robert hesele

alesimula

Apr 2, 2016
Not really a "port" when you just pull the apk from the ROM...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Like the apk pulled from the ROM even works (atleast the new 6.0.1 version);
Anyway here's the source with the classes i modified in a different folder

And since you just jumped to conclusions, here's what i did to patch the app:

1) Pulled the original apk from the ROM and decompiled it with apktool (we'll call it decompiledAPK).
2) Pulled the app source from the original Github Trebuchet page and created a new Android Studio project.
3) Removed all cyanogenmod dependencies with android studio; (at this point the app had some API related bugs and glitches so i couldn't just build it from android studio).
4) Compiled the (Buggy) app i had created with Android Studio, than decompiled it again with apktool to obatin all the modified smali files (we'll call it decompiledMOD).
5) Pulled the Github source again and created Android Studio project again, but this time instead of correcting the errors related to CM dependencies i highlighted them.
6) I searched the same highlited methos inside the SMALIs of decompiledAPK and corrected them by copying there the equivalent methods from decompiledMOD.
7) Modded OverviewSettingsPanel.java to remove "Protected Apps" option, then modded the equivalent smali by repeating step 6 for this one.
8) Modded user_folder.xml to remove the lock icon overlay, wich was referring to a cyanogenmod feature (protected apps and folders)
9) Removed the cyanogenmod package as i had already cleared all dependencies.
10) Recompiled the newly-modified decompiledAPK, recreated the APK and signed it.

And here's how you "pull an apk from the ROM"

Last edited:
G

GuestK0087

Reopened.

OP resolved.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Ozgurce

Jun 29, 2011
www.mnyk.net
Note 5 tw 6.01 it's working fine.

Effects doesn't seem to included though. Is it deleted on the stock too ?

SM-G930F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

NOSTALGIA

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 11, 2012
Cebu
no protected apps ?? :( i wanted that feature..... coz i wanna hide some apps on my app drawer

alesimula

Apr 2, 2016
Note 5 tw 6.01 it's working fine.

Effects doesn't seem to included though. Is it deleted on the stock too ?

SM-G930F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Yes, effects were actually removed by cyanogen in the new trebuchet version, as they changed page scroll to vertical scrolling.

alesimula

Apr 2, 2016
no protected apps ?? :( i wanted that feature..... coz i wanna hide some apps on my app drawer

Sorry, i removed that feature as it would make non-cyanogenmod devices crash, because it required CyanogenMod libraries to work.

There are however many apps and even an xposed module if i remember well which add that feature to your phone :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NOSTALGIA

NOSTALGIA

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 11, 2012
Cebu
Sorry, i removed that feature as it would make non-cyanogenmod devices crash, because it required CyanogenMod libraries to work.

There are however many apps and even an xposed module if i remember well which add that feature to your phone :)

im running full stock as of the moment. tired of rooting and flashing xposed. i hope it can be supported soon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    19f5228b-5309-43dd-b219-400fd812c8d4.png

TREBUCHET CM13-SNAPSHOT LAUNCHER PORTING v6.0.1.6

Newer version (from LineageOS 15)
    DOWNLOAD APP (XDA LABS STORE)
    DOWNLOAD APK (MEDIAFIRE)

INSTALLER FOR CM12/12.1 (FLASHABLE)(CMfeatures)

Screenshots
    7f7b7a29-f651-452d-bcf2-64011cb5318c.png
    442ff5b5-3222-44d4-9313-6f19e9e182ab.png
    83ba9fc9-cbfc-44d7-a34f-97d6feb3118e.png
    c3505519-408b-49c1-9b20-003bbda05a4e.png
    b1ec405c-7148-4a96-a843-db3604a234fc.png
    1a2e7fe5-438c-4a3f-a64b-41a4ed529459.png
    281419dc-8b28-47cb-9191-c3957f7ffd93.png
    30fc2d3f-b4a0-4f8b-8e2b-982c8515ab9b.png

Known bugs and fixes
    To see the SearchBar, Google app must be installed and you have to grant Trebuchet the permission; just add a random witdget, a popup asking you to grant the permission will then appear
    Please state your ROM and Android version when reporting bugs

Tested on
    Android 5 (Lollipop) based roms
    Android 5.1 (Lollipop) based roms
    Android 7.x (Nougat) based roms

Please notice that this porting required work and dedication; Trebuchet launcher belongs to Cyanogen so i cannot force you not resharing the porting as your work as i don't own its rights, but it would be nice of you if you didn't and if you shared the XDA thread link instead; thanks for understanding.

(MODDED FILES) (LOLLIPOP COMPATIBILITY MOD) (modified smali and res + original Trebuchet decompiled apk) (stoppped providing with new versions due to the big amount of modified files) (these are just to clear the minds of people telling me i "copied the apk from the ROM", which wouldn't even work; if you don't know what they are do not download them)
    Not really a "port" when you just pull the apk from the ROM...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Like the apk pulled from the ROM even works (atleast the new 6.0.1 version);
    Anyway here's the source with the classes i modified in a different folder

And since you just jumped to conclusions, here's what i did to patch the app:

1) Pulled the original apk from the ROM and decompiled it with apktool (we'll call it decompiledAPK).
    2) Pulled the app source from the original Github Trebuchet page and created a new Android Studio project.
    3) Removed all cyanogenmod dependencies with android studio; (at this point the app had some API related bugs and glitches so i couldn't just build it from android studio).
    4) Compiled the (Buggy) app i had created with Android Studio, than decompiled it again with apktool to obatin all the modified smali files (we'll call it decompiledMOD).
    5) Pulled the Github source again and created Android Studio project again, but this time instead of correcting the errors related to CM dependencies i highlighted them.
    6) I searched the same highlited methos inside the SMALIs of decompiledAPK and corrected them by copying there the equivalent methods from decompiledMOD.
    7) Modded OverviewSettingsPanel.java to remove "Protected Apps" option, then modded the equivalent smali by repeating step 6 for this one.
    8) Modded user_folder.xml to remove the lock icon overlay, wich was referring to a cyanogenmod feature (protected apps and folders)
    9) Removed the cyanogenmod package as i had already cleared all dependencies.
    10) Recompiled the newly-modified decompiledAPK, recreated the APK and signed it.

And here's how you "pull an apk from the ROM"
    4df.ly link?? oh please
    I can't seem to find this anymore from XDA-Labs. Even link on this topics 1st page in going nowhere. Any reason for that???

Sorry for late response, i was busy with college (University) (why this UK-USA difference btw?)

Anyway i don't know why it did that, but it seems i have fixed that by bumping the app.
    @alesimula can you add icon pack support?

Could be cool, but this is a porting.
    Yes, i could add new features but i want to keep it the same as the cm launcher as much as possibile.

Yes, in CyanogenMod you can apply icon packs but that's a system feature, not a launcher's.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Labs