• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][PORT] Galaxy S4 Optical reader app for SIII

Search This thread

sohebq

Aug 20, 2011
RAWALPINDI
^^

I even managed to run this app after setting all permissions but I couldn't find any library package on samsung apps. Hwnce it didnt scan anything.

Sent from Note 3 (The beauty & beast)

eagle4343

Mar 16, 2012
istanbul
Yes I Do It, fully working!

First step, download this complete package from another thread on xda:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2352726

Unzip it, and simply copy/paste the folders on /system...

I mean the internal memory of the phone, nor the sdCard, neither the extSdCard - how to say...
in italian /dispositivo if you use esExplorer, or home if you use Root Browser

So, open Optical Reader folder, and copy/paste photoreader folder in /system - again open Optical Reader folder/lib select all copy/paste to /system/lib (must be 11 files) - last step open Optical Reader folder/app select all copy/paste to /system/app

Almost done, now reboot to recovery and wipe cache and then Dalvik - reboot and enjoy!

NO NEED TO SET PERMISSION OF NONE, the app didn't work previosly, for lacking some library, and the diction.apk

You probably need the Samsung store installed to get new library for the translation.

I get the app working on Imperium 24.0 Rom...

Funny tricks...SEE YOU! - if you liked my post clap your hands...:cool:

thanks man it is working on stock mk6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi all mates. i tried port galaxy s4 optical reader app for our Galaxy SIII. it's working but with a little bug. if you want it download files and copy your phone.

Instructions;

1. download file in mediafire
    2. unzip with winrar or winzip
    3. copy 'photoreader' folder to root of your phone.
    4. copy 'system' folder to root

after copied all files set permissions;

for all folders; rwx rx rx
    for all files; rw r r

Now reboot your phone and enjoy.

Note: some files from henrylife's rom and some files from my friend's S4. thanks to them.

Known bug: force closing in image load from gallery (maybe some developer can help us).

best regards.

sorry my english.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kxgtz2qmtw3363y
    Is it working on 4.3 xxemg4?
    :confused:

No one interested in this funtastic feature?

Me too strucked on "not recognized" - but QR Code si working, I think ther's some dictionary lacks...
    I found the .zip for Note 3...but this installed nothing on my S3...SUGGESTIONS?

you can try this feature on glance rom for now
    maybe I will port it from s4 when I have enough time;)
    Master fixer...here i am!

Yes I Do It, fully working!

First step, download this complete package from another thread on xda:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2352726

Unzip it, and simply copy/paste the folders on /system...

I mean the internal memory of the phone, nor the sdCard, neither the extSdCard - how to say...
    in italian /dispositivo if you use esExplorer, or home if you use Root Browser

So, open Optical Reader folder, and copy/paste photoreader folder in /system - again open Optical Reader folder/lib select all copy/paste to /system/lib (must be 11 files) - last step open Optical Reader folder/app select all copy/paste to /system/app

Almost done, now reboot to recovery and wipe cache and then Dalvik - reboot and enjoy!

NO NEED TO SET PERMISSION OF NONE, the app didn't work previosly, for lacking some library, and the diction.apk

You probably need the Samsung store installed to get new library for the translation.

I get the app working on Imperium 24.0 Rom...

Funny tricks...SEE YOU! - if you liked my post clap your hands...:cool:
    Hi would i be able to add this to my list of S4 apps list. Its like an all in one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=42197662

If you allow me to I will add it with a link to this thread buddy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

not problem for me mate. you can add to yours topic.