[app port] MikTex2.9

Search This thread

no2chem

Jul 18, 2007
Hi all,

Since several people have PM'd me about it, here is my port of MikTeX 2.9 for Windows RT. I've been out with the flu and ... I'll be rather busy this week, so I won't have much time to support it, but basically extract into your program files directory and run MikTeX-TexWorks.exe in the miktex\bin\arm directory. You might have to perform some configuration.... I haven't had the chance to figure out what those steps are from clean install, but it might involve running initexmf and having it initialize the file cache.

Automatic package install seems to work out of the box. Also, the JavascriptCore from Qt is compiled in interpreter mode (not JIT mode), but it seems to run just fine, even for running texworks scripts. Finally, I didn't get XeTeX compiled, so that isn't included.

http://ge.tt/8omfzEW

Attachments

• Screenshot_(3).jpg
    Screenshot_(3).jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3,685

illidanx

Jan 3, 2013
sorry for this post but i was not able to compile the tex files. I got the error about dump file not found. I ran initexmf but nothing happens. Can you give me some pointer please?

Thank you.

lowjoel

Aug 3, 2009
Singapore
joelsplace.sg
I'm trying to compile MiKTeX myself, hopefully to get Xetex as well. But I'm stuck -- plenty of CMake's generated scripts don't work well in a cross-compile environment. Any tips?

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
I'm trying to compile MiKTeX myself, hopefully to get Xetex as well. But I'm stuck -- plenty of CMake's generated scripts don't work well in a cross-compile environment. Any tips?

CMake cannot be used for windows RT at this time. Visual Studio 2012 (possibly 2013 aswell) is the only way to build for Win32 with THUMB2 at the moment.

lowjoel

Aug 3, 2009
Singapore
joelsplace.sg
Yeah, I tried both. The vcxproj generated by CMake seems even more broken than the Makefiles. The main evil thing is that MiKTeX generates bootstrap binaries to generate some outputs. In a cross-compile environment you can't run the generated tools to produce the necessary outputs. So unless someone knows all the different binaries, or if I'm missing something major...

lowjoel

Aug 3, 2009
Singapore
joelsplace.sg
And to get the package manager working, fire up a shell

Code:
cd C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\arm
initexmf --update-fndb

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Oh; the package manager does not work properly when running in a non-administrator TexWorks. Make sure you run TeXWorks as admin if you need to install packages (should be one-off)

Reactions: hberntsen

zedi13

Feb 4, 2016
Hello,

i'm interessed in running MiKTeX on jailbroken Windows rt 8.1, but can't get it properly signed. Anyone got a working Version and mind sharing?

Greetings, zedi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Since several people have PM'd me about it, here is my port of MikTeX 2.9 for Windows RT. I've been out with the flu and ... I'll be rather busy this week, so I won't have much time to support it, but basically extract into your program files directory and run MikTeX-TexWorks.exe in the miktex\bin\arm directory. You might have to perform some configuration.... I haven't had the chance to figure out what those steps are from clean install, but it might involve running initexmf and having it initialize the file cache.

Automatic package install seems to work out of the box. Also, the JavascriptCore from Qt is compiled in interpreter mode (not JIT mode), but it seems to run just fine, even for running texworks scripts. Finally, I didn't get XeTeX compiled, so that isn't included.

http://ge.tt/8omfzEW
    And to get the package manager working, fire up a shell

Code:
    cd C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\arm
    initexmf --update-fndb

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Oh; the package manager does not work properly when running in a non-administrator TexWorks. Make sure you run TeXWorks as admin if you need to install packages (should be one-off)