[APP]PPCC - A WP7-Style PC Controller

Search This thread

TangoChen

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2010
Guangzhou
TangoChen.com
I just finished making the first version of this app...[2012/9/5]
PPCC - Stands for [Pocket PC - PC - Controller]...
You now can use your phone as a PC controller..
Here's the review:

Requirements:
  1. a WVGA resolution Windows Mobile(Pocket PC)
  2. .NET CF 3.5
  3. NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab
  4. GSensor(I can make another version without GSensor..If you can't run this and you need a non-GSensor version, give a feedback here..)
  5. .NET 3.5 on your PC

Features:
  • Keyboard..
  • Numeric Keypad
  • Need For Speed
  • Simple Gamepad(Call of Duty)
  • PowerPoint
  • You can create your own controller with CEditor on PC..
I might release CEditor as soon as my Youtube channel gets more than 100 subscribers..My Youtube Channel

What's not that good:
After running a controller, you can only exit by clicking home button and then use task manager to close it.
:eek:Somehow it won't work as good as you expect.. my suggestion is.. use it as a PowerPoint controller or a numeric keypad..That's enough...

Why I made this app ... now??:confused:
I think this idea is great.. But due to my poor ability I can only make a Windows Mobile app now.. I hope someone can port this app to other phone devices like Android, iPhone, Windows Phone.. If you can and you're willing to do this.. PM me..:cool: Maybe we can set up a team together...

How to use it?
  1. Install PPCCv1.0.CAB on your phone
  2. Connect the phone to your PC via Bluetooth or USB with Windows Mobile Device Center/Activesync
  3. Open the "PPCC - PCserver.exe" on your PC
  4. Open the PPCC on your phone
  5. Select the controller you want..Done...

And..
I found that something called DroidMote on Android does almost the same thing.. But I knew it from the XDA Portal(on 2012/8/30) a few days after I started making this app.. And I haven't tried out DroidMote or even watched the video demo of it. I keep making this app work in my way. I swear I didn't ever steal zulu99's idea!! Including the CEditor.. I was so suprised that zulu99 had made "Touch Profile Creator" and it looks exactly like what I thought that CEditor was...I'm sad...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1890170

Really don't want to bother you: I'm using frreware TeamViewer to remotely control my desktop. Available for Android and WinMo. What does your work it better?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just finished making the first version of this app...[2012/9/5]
    PPCC - Stands for [Pocket PC - PC - Controller]...
    You now can use your phone as a PC controller..
    Here's the review:

Requirements:
    1. a WVGA resolution Windows Mobile(Pocket PC)
    2. .NET CF 3.5
    3. NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab
    4. GSensor(I can make another version without GSensor..If you can't run this and you need a non-GSensor version, give a feedback here..)
    5. .NET 3.5 on your PC

Features:
    • Keyboard..
    • Numeric Keypad
    • Need For Speed
    • Simple Gamepad(Call of Duty)
    • PowerPoint
    • You can create your own controller with CEditor on PC..
    I might release CEditor as soon as my Youtube channel gets more than 100 subscribers..My Youtube Channel

What's not that good:
    After running a controller, you can only exit by clicking home button and then use task manager to close it.
    :eek:Somehow it won't work as good as you expect.. my suggestion is.. use it as a PowerPoint controller or a numeric keypad..That's enough...

Why I made this app ... now??:confused:
    I think this idea is great.. But due to my poor ability I can only make a Windows Mobile app now.. I hope someone can port this app to other phone devices like Android, iPhone, Windows Phone.. If you can and you're willing to do this.. PM me..:cool: Maybe we can set up a team together...

How to use it?
    1. Install PPCCv1.0.CAB on your phone
    2. Connect the phone to your PC via Bluetooth or USB with Windows Mobile Device Center/Activesync
    3. Open the "PPCC - PCserver.exe" on your PC
    4. Open the PPCC on your phone
    5. Select the controller you want..Done...

And..
    I found that something called DroidMote on Android does almost the same thing.. But I knew it from the XDA Portal(on 2012/8/30) a few days after I started making this app.. And I haven't tried out DroidMote or even watched the video demo of it. I keep making this app work in my way. I swear I didn't ever steal zulu99's idea!! Including the CEditor.. I was so suprised that zulu99 had made "Touch Profile Creator" and it looks exactly like what I thought that CEditor was...I'm sad...